PDA

View Full Version : Stay Strong , Support Larry Shultz

OnlineRender
09-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Effectively it was my ranting among others that got the thread closed , which is not fair on Larry ,so it would be only respectful to re-open it again , without the misdemeanour's .

http://csmuse.blogspot.com/ - Camilla Shultz Blog , Follow Larry's progress

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8Z9iq2kiyCA/TJ5-EenasSI/AAAAAAAAKR4/SMN0WMXs85U/S269/IMG_5303+%5B1280x768%5D.JPG

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_8Z9iq2kiyCA/TJLanEShj0I/AAAAAAAAKRw/30L8L-7wOeE/S269/l3d.jpg

Donate @ www.liberty3d.com

There are some other people helping out , please make yourself aware.

kosmodave
09-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Glad you started this thread as I was concerned that the other one would have just slipped away due to no new postings and would have been forgotten.
So please stay focussed everyone and keep this purely as an update thread for Larry.

Cheers
Dave:thumbsup:

cresshead
09-29-2010, 11:32 AM
we all wish Larry a speedy recovery

GandB
09-29-2010, 11:36 AM
Hang in there Larry! ;)

TalleyJC
09-29-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks OnlineRender for getting a thread re-established!

Yes the tension is high, especially in light of Larry's decision to discontinue treatment due to his financial situation and emotional state. There is still hope based on immigration status as Camilla reported to the support community earlier.

So please, don't stop making donations or purchasing authorized products that support Larry. Money can still be used to pay existing bills or be routed for legal matters should immigration appeals be necessary.

Newtek has made their point clear on what will and will not be permitted in the forum so should anyone want to voice unedited opinion, do take Liberty3d up on their offer to host discussions there which might not fit in this particular arena.

Let's do what's best for Larry.

Keep Going Bud... you're not alone.

oliversimonnet
09-29-2010, 01:50 PM
good man for starting a new thread.
everyday i think of Larry, and hope him the best, also me and my familly are praying for you Larry :) all the best my friend
stay strong :)

DigiLusionist
09-29-2010, 09:47 PM
If the only way to save Larry's life is for him to return to America, then he should do it. Without his wife. They should arrange for a church group here to accommodate Larry, and to help him get to his treatments.

If he dies in NZ, his wife loses him for good. If he returns here, he stands a chance that they can be together when he gets better and their immigration issue gets resolved (if that is at all possible).

GandB
09-29-2010, 09:55 PM
:agree: :agree:

DigiLusionist
09-29-2010, 10:03 PM
If anyone knows how I can contact his wife, I will work to get things going here, State-side.

I will look for a church group that would be of assistance, and I will go up to L.A. for a week to help him. Others would have to volunteer to step in from time to time, or the church group could be caretakers.

After living with uncontrolled Diabetes for the past twelve years, I know exactly how Larry has felt. Up to the point where he started suffering the truly serious complications, that is.

SplineGod
09-30-2010, 12:09 AM
Thanks guys! :)

If youve been following my wifes blog youll get a small idea of what a great woman she is and has been thru all this. I couldnt ask for anyone better....
That being said I could never ask her to spend 6 month to 2 years in an immigration detention center (Jail).
The most likely option is that the USA would simply deport her which lasts a minimum of 10 years and file an appeal from New Zealand (lawyers, lots of time and lots of money).
These are the only two options weve been given by the US Immigration "service" and talking to the people at the US consulate here in NZ.
My only real choice is to ride it out here in NZ and hope for residency to come thru or a medical waiver for the kidney disease. If those fail then I get deported. If that happens then we file an appeal based on hardship but at least Ill be with my wife while doing those.
Id rather be with my wife without dialysis then apart from her for a very long wimt with dialsysis. If I leave NZ I cannot return because kidney disease is one of 3 reasons for automatic rejection of a residency application.
Dialysis isnt a treat and release situation....its for life unless y ou get a kidney transplant. MY wife has volunteered a kidney for such a procedure but she cant enter the USA where it might be free under medicare. Here in NZ the operation would cost over $100,000.
If not getting dialysis allows me to spend what time I may have left with my wife then so be it. Its a sad state of affairs when the govts of two such great democracies have become this oppressive to its citizens. My wife simply comes first and I do so gladly. :)
Again, thanks for everyones help and support. My wifes blog is located here:
http://csmuse.blogspot.com

DigiLusionist
09-30-2010, 12:19 AM
Larry, I hope you are hanging in there. I am sorry that it has come to this.

I read your wife's blog and I just can't imagine what the two of you must feel like.

biliousfrog
09-30-2010, 02:31 AM
I finally managed to get some money sent over.

Sending healing thoughts your way Larry

erikals
09-30-2010, 05:45 AM
 
i disagree with the other thread being closed, just wanted to say that to the moderators.
anyway, moving on, we have a new fresh thread :]

and please, no rants on person X, Y or Z.... http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/newtek.gif ... is watching.

 

lwaddict
09-30-2010, 07:50 AM
Larry,

After having dealt with for many years, and continuing to deal with diabetes myself... I have to applaud your strength.

With all the complications, twists and turns, etc that this disease gives us I'm not entirely sure if people who don't have it fully understand how one can just push the table away and say, "This is it, I'm making a stand" and then sticking by your decision.

You do what you have to do to enjoy what you have while you have it.

If I was in better health, I'd give you my damned kidney.

Be sure to let us know if there's anything more we can do...
and stick by that woman, she's amazing.

God Bless

New2Lw
09-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Larry you better get better!

If I have any amount of talent at all it's due to Larry. I've met him a couple times and he's a great guy.

Find a boat and sneak in to the states with the wife :D Get a kidney, Get better. Figure out the immigration stuff later >.<

You better get freakin better!

3DBob
10-01-2010, 03:21 PM
I have been researching an alternate solution for some time (well since before this reached NT forums actually) and today I spoke to the very nice Dr. Chacko Varghese, Consultant Nephrologist at

http://suthospital.com/php/showDepartment.php?did=14&linkid=59

today and he confirmed that they would be able to do the operations and Dialysis here in southern India (all prices in US$)

To fit a festilla

$115

there would be a 4 week settling period for it, during which Haemodialysis could be performed if required via neck. They have six modern machines (not this years models, what can you do?) and he says they can easily accommodate his needs.

3 sessions of Haemodialysis per week would cost $135 Total, each $45

A kidney Transplant cost depends on the case, but is normally between

$11,000 and $15,750.

Is it a good idea,? Well firstly I can help with getting an extendible 1 year business visa for both of them and accommodation here is about $120 / month for a new 3 bed house. 2 Flights from Auckland to Trivandrum would cost $2043 in total.

I am English as is my Business partner. My mother came over from the UK and had major surgery (more serious than a festilla, not as serious as a kidney transplant) at this hospital to remove a dangerous absess from the front of her upper jaw which was missed despite complaints over 9 months to her English dentist. She was extremely impressed with the result. She was so happy with the care she recieved, she extended her 3 week stay to 2 months and in the mean time had 2 more operations under general. One on a molar at a different hospital. She had also been complaining of recurring bladder infections and 3 tests in the UK under the national health came back as "unspecific infection" - 1 test here in India showed she had the nasty type of e-coli, IV course of antibiotics and a 6 month course of supporting medication was all sorted for a song.

Also she had been complaining for about 6 years to the National Health in the UK of a debilitating locking left knee - that could happen randomly in the night or bending or walking upstairs and took 15 minutes sometimes to straighten. The NHS just said it was old age and there was nothing they could do.... well - my mum was offered an MRI scan for $120 so she said yes. 2 hours later she had the scan and 2 days later the results were in. She had a very obvious tear on the membrane in the knee - they said they could fix it. 2 days later, she had key hole day surgery and she hobbled out of hospital crutchless later that afternoon. She has no problem with that knee now. She also had 6 caps and 2 bridges in her mouth and all of her operations and care cost less than the dentistry would have done on its own in the UK.

In March this year my business partner was complaining of severe exhaustion and chest pain - to cut a very long story short he had gall bladder stones which we knew about and one had moved to block his bile duct and the bladder had got infected to twice its volume. He was operated on within 12 hours of discovery to have the stone removed and a stent put in under general. He then had the bladder removed via keyhole and a further operation to remove the stent all under general. Unbelievably good care and at western car servicing prices. Very happy.

My wife and I were planning to have our daughter here - and we were going to use the same hospital as my business partner used. I wanted to have her umbiliical cryogenically frozen as a store of stem cells, a service they offer. We would have been the first british parents to do that. As it happens, as my wifes mother was in France and could not come over to India, we had our daughter in France.

I have no quarms about using the hospitals in India myself, I speak as someone whos father died in a Sussex UK hospital following a standard operation during which he acquired VMRSA. He withered for 10.5 months in an isolation room - it finally did for him.

3DBob

CaptainMarlowe
10-02-2010, 03:01 AM
Bought five of your vids this morning. Hope it will help a little. Stay strong !

oliversimonnet
10-02-2010, 03:43 AM
I have been researching an alternate solution for some time (well since before this reached NT forums actually) and today I spoke to the very nice Dr. Chacko Varghese, Consultant Nephrologist at

http://suthospital.com/php/showDepartment.php?did=14&linkid=59

today and he confirmed that they would be able to do the operations and Dialysis here in southern India (all prices in US$)

To fit a festilla

$115

there would be a 4 week settling period for it, during which Haemodialysis could be performed if required via neck. They have six modern machines (not this years models, what can you do?) and he says they can easily accommodate his needs.

3 sessions of Haemodialysis per week would cost $135 Total, each $45

A kidney Transplant cost depends on the case, but is normally between

$11,000 and $15,750.

Is it a good idea,? Well firstly I can help with getting an extendible 1 year business visa for both of them and accommodation here is about $120 / month for a new 3 bed house. 2 Flights from Auckland to Trivandrum would cost $2043 in total.

I am English as is my Business partner. My mother came over from the UK and had major surgery (more serious than a festilla, not as serious as a kidney transplant) at this hospital to remove a dangerous absess from the front of her upper jaw which was missed despite complaints over 9 months to her English dentist. She was extremely impressed with the result. She was so happy with the care she recieved, she extended her 3 week stay to 2 months and in the mean time had 2 more operations under general. One on a molar at a different hospital. She had also been complaining of recurring bladder infections and 3 tests in the UK under the national health came back as "unspecific infection" - 1 test here in India showed she had the nasty type of e-coli, IV course of antibiotics and a 6 month course of supporting medication was all sorted for a song.

Also she had been complaining for about 6 years to the National Health in the UK of a debilitating locking left knee - that could happen randomly in the night or bending or walking upstairs and took 15 minutes sometimes to straighten. The NHS just said it was old age and there was nothing they could do.... well - my mum was offered an MRI scan for $120 so she said yes. 2 hours later she had the scan and 2 days later the results were in. She had a very obvious tear on the membrane in the knee - they said they could fix it. 2 days later, she had key hole day surgery and she hobbled out of hospital crutchless later that afternoon. She has no problem with that knee now. She also had 6 caps and 2 bridges in her mouth and all of her operations and care cost less than the dentistry would have done on its own in the UK.

In March this year my business partner was complaining of severe exhaustion and chest pain - to cut a very long story short he had gall bladder stones which we knew about and one had moved to block his bile duct and the bladder had got infected to twice its volume. He was operated on within 12 hours of discovery to have the stone removed and a stent put in under general. He then had the bladder removed via keyhole and a further operation to remove the stent all under general. Unbelievably good care and at western car servicing prices. Very happy.

My wife and I were planning to have our daughter here - and we were going to use the same hospital as my business partner used. I wanted to have her umbiliical cryogenically frozen as a store of stem cells, a service they offer. We would have been the first british parents to do that. As it happens, as my wifes mother was in France and could not come over to India, we had our daughter in France.

I have no quarms about using the hospitals in India myself, I speak as someone whos father died in a Sussex UK hospital following a standard operation during which he acquired VMRSA. He withered for 10.5 months in an isolation room - it finally did for him.

3DBob

ooh cool, that sounds promising, lets see what Larry and Camilla have to say about it :)
nice work pal ! :)

erikals
10-02-2010, 06:18 AM
yes, good info! http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/023.gif

Qexit
10-04-2010, 07:33 AM
I see there have been a couple of new updates on Camilla's blog over the weekend. They seem quite a bit more positive, which is definitely a good thing :thumbsup:

LW_Will
10-04-2010, 05:34 PM
Spoke to Larry over the weekend. Had a thought I believed he would like to hear... he did, which was cool.

He sounded great. We spoke of our philosophies about our diseases, Health Care, and Governments. Had a great time talking to my friend.

;-)

erikals
10-05-2010, 04:29 AM
great, great to hear  :]  :]

digital verve
10-05-2010, 09:51 AM
Don't give up Larry. I have bought your tutorials before way back. Come pay day, I will donate by buying some more to help you out. It may take a while for you to get better, but you can get there, so don't lose hope. All the best.

cresshead
10-05-2010, 03:14 PM
some news on the blog, the dyalysis looks to be back on!

colkai
10-06-2010, 03:03 AM
That's not good, sending positive vibes.

ericsmith
10-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Actually, it is good, in context.

Last week Larry decided he didn't want to go through with dialysis. Just too much stress. But he's reconsidered his decision and has decided to move forward with it.

Eric

EmperorPete
10-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Thank God for that. Stay strong, Larry, we're all pulling for you man.

cresshead
10-06-2010, 11:51 AM

Last week Larry decided he didn't want to go through with dialysis. Just too much stress. But he's reconsidered his decision and has decided to move forward with it.

Eric

indeed, i'm hopeful he get's some movement forward on resolving some of his current health issues.

colkai
10-07-2010, 02:11 AM

Eric

Ahh, good point Eric! :) :)

SplineGod
10-07-2010, 02:22 AM
Thanks for the support and I appreciate all the suggestions. Just an update if you have been following my wifes blog you will read that I will be heading in to surgery tomorrow morning and beginning dialysis on Saturday morning.
My wife is avid about keeping the blog updated for everyone and we sincerely appreciate the support.
- Larry

http://csmuse.blogspot.com

biliousfrog
10-07-2010, 02:30 AM
That's great news Larry, I wish you all the best with surgery and dialysis. Hopefully this is the start of better things to come.

K-Dawg
10-07-2010, 04:07 AM
There you go Larry. Don't give up :)
Will pray for you.

Elmar Moelzer
10-07-2010, 04:13 AM
Best wishes to you Larry!

Kuzey
10-07-2010, 05:05 AM
Yes indeed...all the best with the surgery and I'm hoping for many more good news!

Kuzey

GandB
10-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Keep at it Larry; your family needs you around.

3DBob
10-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Good luck Larry!

3DBob

EmperorPete
10-07-2010, 10:37 AM
Good luck Larry. We'll be here when you get back!

oliversimonnet
10-07-2010, 10:48 AM
good luck my friend :)
hop it all goes well

kosmodave
10-07-2010, 11:35 AM
Wishing you well Larry, lets hope this is the start of your recovery process.

Dave.

cresshead
10-07-2010, 12:21 PM
good luck chap!

rednova
10-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Dear Friends:

Unfortunately I have no cash to spare.
However, I want you all to know that I support
splinegod and wish him for the best.

Lots of love, Larry !!!

rednova

juniordebo
10-07-2010, 07:44 PM
Good Luck Larry. My prayers are with you.
Glen

ivanze
10-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Good Luck Larry!!

jameswillmott
10-08-2010, 01:07 AM
http://csmuse.blogspot.com/

Camilla's updated her blog.

OnlineRender
10-08-2010, 01:57 AM
I want to say thanks to Larry and his wife ,for sharing not only the pictures but an insight too your life .

The surgery pictures are excellent (in a bad way) and your nephew Ngawi looks like one cool little dude ,look at the smiles on his wee face ,if that's not an inspiration then what is ?

colkai
10-08-2010, 02:39 AM
I had to scroll quickly past them, >gwerp< yukkie
Hope things are ok, notice Camilla says they are back in hospital, with any luck, it's just a visit and not a stay.

Kuzey
10-08-2010, 04:56 AM
I had to scroll quickly past them, >gwerp< yukkie

For a second there....I thought they were operating on his face/eyes and with that big needle thingy.

All the best with the road ahead!!

Kuzey

GraphXs
10-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Yes, please, get well soon!

erikals
10-08-2010, 08:36 PM
tears, i guess it;s the beer....

cresshead
10-09-2010, 10:19 AM
larry has his own personal pimped up Dalek

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8Z9iq2kiyCA/TK_Kr8fuZRI/AAAAAAAAKU4/K0iaY_TfPBw/s1600/IMG_7295+%5B1024x768%5D.JPG

colkai
10-09-2010, 11:07 AM
Through all her stress and worry over Larry, it's nice that Cam can still find some humor, even if it is threatening to kill him! :p
Sorry, Exterminate. :D

bananahead
10-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi.I'm Bananahead from Japan.
I donate it just now.(paypal)
This is my first post in Forum.
Good Luck Larry!!

sorry my English.

oliversimonnet
10-11-2010, 04:16 AM
just updated myslef on Larrys progress :)
im glad to hear that the surgery went ok Larry :)
stay strong Larry :)

Elmar Moelzer
10-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Glad to hear the surgery went well for him. Best wishes from us here too!

erikals
10-12-2010, 06:12 PM
hehe, see he still has his humor intact :]

waelkf
10-12-2010, 11:04 PM
happy to hear the surgery went ok,
We look forward eagerly to hear the more happy news ans wish to see you around soon.

thank you

NanoGator
10-13-2010, 03:17 PM
Stay strong, Larry.

oliversimonnet
10-14-2010, 10:14 AM
just checked Camilla's blog
i didnt know Dialysis took so long hehe

stay strong Larry, we are all still thinking of you :)

erikals
10-14-2010, 10:26 AM
...i like the haircut :]
and not all is bad Larry, you got more hair than me... ;]
hehe...! :]

Trulsi
10-14-2010, 10:37 AM
Hehe the dialysis clinic looks more almost like one of those fancy gyms they have in rich football clubs. No wonder it's expensice. Better than the gym at my work where one of the welds (in the pec-deck machine where you have to arms that share the load) have snapped. Must have broken somebodys arm:/

It is very good to log on to Camillas blog each day and see that Larry is still alive and still ranting:)

erikals
10-14-2010, 10:43 AM
yes, plus i want more video tutorials... \:l

oliversimonnet
10-16-2010, 10:48 AM
yes, plus i want more video tutorials... \:l

wel all want more video tutorials hehe :)

Infinite
10-17-2010, 04:58 AM
Just read Camilla's latest blog post.

I can't even imagine how something like this would just take over your life. Even just as a supporter of the person involved. My thoughts go out to you both and family.

Keep positive. :)

oliversimonnet
10-21-2010, 10:30 AM
just updated myself on Camillas blog.

LARRY, i hope everything is going well.
we are still thinking about you :)

stay strong man

Hopper
10-21-2010, 05:34 PM
There are currently 14 humans in this 3 bedroom house. The only thing missing is the wheels on the bottom of the house.
What a great sense of humor.

InfoCentral
10-24-2010, 02:20 PM
Just got of the blog and read this:

We also have a prescription for 6 weeks of Recormon. That's $2400.
Yeah right, it can stay in my car until we win the lotto as far as I'm concerned, which didn't happen last night, by the way.

Dialysis patients must take this medication because the hormone that tells the body to produce blood comes from the kidneys. When they shut down so does this hormone production and the body quits producing blood. This medication is the replacement hormone that gets the body to start producing blood again. Without this drug he will need regular transfusions! Unfortunately only one company has exclusive rights to it and it is very expensive.

Eroneouse
10-24-2010, 03:06 PM
My best wishes go out to Larry and all his loved ones.

Roadwarrior
10-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Just read the updated news.
Larry get well buddy!:)
All the very best to you and your family:)

jameswillmott
10-26-2010, 06:33 AM
Hey all, Camilla has posted another update on Larry's state of well being on her blog.

Things are starting to look up hopefully?

GandB
10-26-2010, 08:14 AM
Interesting developments in the latest post there. Hope Larry's keeping his chin up.

lwaddict
10-26-2010, 11:34 AM
Yeah, VERY interesting developments.
All videos purchased over the last two months?
Really?
Ouch.

And Larry...
all our best, that's gimme.

Keep on fighting. :thumbsup: You da man!

colkai
10-28-2010, 06:17 AM
just hope he can get his sight back fully, it must be hell to anyone who relies on them as their main "tool". I mean, I know no-one wants to be blind, but when you're life is a visual medium, it's got to be so much tougher.

kosmodave
10-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Just checked Camilla's blog today and things are starting to look brighter for Larry. Good to see him with his family around him, wishing them all the best.

Dave.

EmperorPete
11-04-2010, 07:39 AM
Sounds like things are improving. I'm so glad you changed your mind Larry!

GandB
11-04-2010, 01:46 PM
Good to hear things are getting better for him on one front at least.

Phil
11-08-2010, 12:24 AM
The residency news isn't good, though.

erikals
11-08-2010, 11:43 AM
the residency things is probably a hard thing to make break through...

Qexit
11-13-2010, 10:07 AM
Looks like the health side of things is OK but taking longer than expected, which somehow isn't too surprising, while everything else is running into cul-de-sacs. Hope something really positive happens for Camilla and Larry soon.

erikals
11-16-2010, 06:44 PM
 
seems Larry is ok for now, wonder what the next step is...

 

OnlineRender
11-19-2010, 02:47 AM
Larry got a new Render Farm :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8Z9iq2kiyCA/TOYPZ5OEVNI/AAAAAAAAKa4/XYHq4GsY56M/s400/IMG_0318%2B%255B1024x768%255D.JPG

Stay Cool Larry ....GL

Joey_C
11-19-2010, 03:22 AM
Praying Larry

lwaddict
11-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Larry got a new Render Farm

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_8Z9iq2kiyCA/TOYPZ5OEVNI/AAAAAAAAKa4/XYHq4GsY56M/s400/IMG_0318%2B%255B1024x768%255D.JPG

Stay Cool Larry ....GL

Uh, sorry to tell you. But that's his old VT2, I'd recognize that mess of wires and whatnot. The only thing different in this image appears to the be addition of a direct IV tube from the coffee pot so Larry could work for long hours helping the Newtek community.

<sorry, a little levity looked like the ticket>

Stay strong Larry.

OnlineRender
11-19-2010, 07:21 AM
Uh, sorry to tell you. But that's his old VT2, I'd recognize that mess of wires and whatnot. The only thing different in this image appears to the be addition of a direct IV tube from the coffee pot so Larry could work for long hours helping the Newtek community.

<sorry, a little levity looked like the ticket>

Stay strong Larry.

if you don't laugh it only leaves one thing . . .

get fixed asap Larry , quicker you get your eyes fixed , the quicker we will see you back in action .

CaptainMarlowe
11-28-2010, 01:30 AM
Things seem to get a bit better, except for immigration.
Keep on, Larry.

SplineGod
12-07-2010, 11:56 PM
Just wanted to update everyone...
Thanks again for all the support. The last several months were grueling and after dialysis its like waking up from a very bad dream. when I started on dialysis I was in pretty bad shape. The nurses told me at the clinic that I was literally 2-3 weeks from dying. They also said that my recovery was nothing short of miraculous.
Were finally home and Im doing 1000 times better.
As I look back on all this I am thankful to the LW community for donations, prayers and overall support....I dont think Id be here without that support. I cant even begin to say how thankful my wife and I are for all your help! :)
Im just getting ready to get the last things I need done for my eyes and Im excited to get back into LW 10, creating new videos and working! Thanks again :)

nickdigital
12-08-2010, 12:17 AM
Thanks again for all the support. The last several months were grueling and after dialysis its like waking up from a very bad dream. when I started on dialysis I was in pretty bad shape. The nurses told me at the clinic that I was literally 2-3 weeks from dying. They also said that my recovery was nothing short of miraculous.
As I look back on all this I am thankful to the LW community for donations, prayers and overall support....I dont think Id be here without that support. I cant even begin to say how thankful my wife and I are for all your help! :)
Im just getting ready to get the last things I need done for my eyes and Im excited to get back into LW 10, creating new videos and working! Thanks again :)

Great news!

jameswillmott
12-08-2010, 12:19 AM

The phoenix rises! Great to have you back Larry! Been following Camillas blog with great concern these last few months.

Elmar Moelzer
12-08-2010, 02:05 AM
Larry, it is great to be hearing from you and to hear that you are doing better! I am also glad that your spirits are up!
:)

CaptainMarlowe
12-08-2010, 02:26 AM
That's great news. Good luck with your eyes also.

mikadit
12-08-2010, 02:27 AM
Great to have you back!

MAUROCOR
12-08-2010, 03:55 AM
Excellent news, Larry! I am really happy with the news! And welcome back!:)

NanoGator
12-08-2010, 06:13 AM
Fantastic!

Kuzey
12-08-2010, 06:28 AM
Excellent news.....I hope the good news keeps on coming :thumbsup:

Kuzey

colkai
12-08-2010, 06:36 AM
Thanks again for all the support. The last several months were grueling and after dialysis its like waking up from a very bad dream.
Larry, excellent to hear you're somewhat better, don't overtask yourself too soon though, (I'm betting your missus is saying the same thing ;).
Hope your recovery continues apace and sending you good thoughts from me and mine. :)

Qexit
12-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Larry, excellent to hear you're somewhat better, don't overtask yourself too soon though, (I'm betting your missus is saying the same thing ;).Great to hear you are getting better but I have to agree with Colkai. It's important to remember that being on the road to recovery doesn't mean you can jump straight into the Fast Lane. Take things easy and get your full strength back first :)

hrgiger
12-08-2010, 09:43 AM
Glad to hear you are doiong better Larry.

Greenlaw
12-08-2010, 12:48 PM
Yes, welcome back Larry! :)

G.

kosmodave
12-08-2010, 02:18 PM

Christmas has just arrived early, seeing you active here at Newtek once again is very good news indeed, welcome back Larry. hope your recovery continues and things sort them selves out with the NZ immigration dept. As your recovery improves it will be good to see you in the Hard Core section offering words of wisdom :hammer: :D.

Dave

The Dommo
12-08-2010, 04:55 PM
Hey Larry,

Good to 'witness' you pulling through - as best we can through your / your wife's blog.

Wishing you the strongest recovery now and through 2011.

Best,
Dom

Andrewstopheles
12-08-2010, 05:37 PM
I'm glad to hear your recovering well and will be back at work soon.
You are an important part of the community here and I appreciate your POV as well as all the help you've provided for some of us noobs.
On a personal note I know what it is like to face a deadly disease and survive. Stay strong, Larry.
A special thanks to your wife for helping keep you in the game. Behind every great man is a great woman!

Scazzino
12-08-2010, 06:48 PM
That's great news Larry! :thumbsup:
Wishing you all the best!
We've missed you around here!

Paul_Boland
12-08-2010, 07:39 PM
Take care, Larry.

Bona
12-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Great to see your post SplineGod, looking forward to your new tutorials! :)

All the best!

LW_Will
12-08-2010, 08:28 PM
Yay! Larry. Feel better!

erikals
12-08-2010, 10:37 PM
Fantastic!! http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/smile.gif http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/smile.gif http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/smile.gif

so glad to hear that http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/smile.gif

Sekhar
12-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Great to hear you're getting better Larry, hope you get back to 100% soon!

Clemens
12-09-2010, 03:17 AM
Hey Larry, I don't know you - only bought one of your tutorials, but it's good to hear that you are feeling better know and that everything's working out for you.

Lewis
12-09-2010, 09:06 AM
Excellent news Larry, looking forward to your new LW stuff when you are ready :).

Traveler
12-09-2010, 03:29 PM
That's wonderful news! Absolutely great!

richdj
12-09-2010, 04:02 PM

Larry, that's fantastic to hear your on the mend.. I can't wait to see what you come with in LW10. But take your time getting back to full health..

Rich

GraphXs
12-09-2010, 04:09 PM
Wonderful News! Glad you are feeling well!

Daphne
12-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Larry, per norma,l I have shown up late and had no idea what was going on. I am so sorry things were so bad and am thrilled you are doing so much better. That really does sound like a miracle.

Best wishes with the additional things you need to have done for your eyes.

We look forward to seeing your LW 10 videos once you feel up to working on them!

Take care.

AbstractTech3D
12-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Very glad to hear that too Larry!

JeffrySG
12-11-2010, 07:07 PM
It's so great to hear that you're doing better, Larry! All the best to you and your wife!

ZE_COLMEIA
12-11-2010, 08:40 PM
Positive vibes to Larry, Nice to hear you are getting better!

:thumbsup:

djlithium
12-11-2010, 08:48 PM
I spoke to Larry recently and he even sounds better. He still has that awesome "coast to coast" radio voice, but he's definitely in good spirits again which is very important in any kind of recovery. Depression will kill you just as fast as almost anything. This we all know.

I want to personally thank everyone who has supported him and our efforts at Liberty3d.com to help Larry out. I know it made a big, big difference and even the words of support mean a lot so thank you from us at Liberty for helping out with Larry and Camilla's situation, and the well-wishes to one of our Citizens and one of the LightWave community's greatest treasures.
With LW10 right around the corner and christmas almost here and Larry thankfully still with us with improving sight (still not out of the woods just yet, but cross your paws with me for Larry) I think its going to be a great 2011 for all of us.

jasonwestmas
12-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Woohoo! :D

SplineGod
12-11-2010, 11:31 PM
Again, our deepest thanks! Everyone for the most part has been great. Its hard to be depressed long with the support weve received. Ive got to say also that Kellys been great. Hes consistently helped out even though I know hes needed the cash as much or more then us. Its also been nice to be able to pop into skype and chat with a few people while we were away from home for so long. This communities been fantastic. :)

bluesmike
12-16-2010, 09:09 AM
That's such good news, Larry. Following your wife's blog has become a ritual for me each morning. Merry Christmas to you both, and here's to a better 2011!

Mike

oliversimonnet
12-16-2010, 10:11 AM
ooh brilliant News Larry
Its fantastick to hear that you are doing ALOT better now.

EmperorPete
12-16-2010, 08:05 PM
It's so good to hear how much better things are going for you, Larry. Excellent news!

SplineGod
12-17-2010, 02:23 PM
Thanks! Im glad to be back. More good news....the pressure in my eyes (if youve followed my wifes blog) is back to normal so they can do cataract surgery which should at least give me clear vision in my right eye. The next issue is dealing with the cost of 4k per eye...ouch!
Im also working on regaining alot of lost muscle mass. I had to lay off the protein for almost a year to reduce Urea levels in my blood and the result is a lot of lost muscle mass. Other then that I feel pretty good and not just physically either than ks in big part to this community for its support. :)

luciano
12-17-2010, 02:50 PM
Merry Christmas :D

cresshead
12-17-2010, 02:52 PM
good to see you back posting, good luck with the eye stuff just don't let your wife go nutty with any close up pics of the op!

we all wish you well for a comfortable xmas and a great new year.

SplineGod
12-17-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks and Merry Christmas :)

erikals
12-18-2010, 01:56 AM
http://www.download.ba/proimg/Merry%20Christmas%20PNG%20Pack-20080615-101244.png

Merry Christmas! http://erikalstad.com/backup/anims.php_files/smile.gif

cresshead
12-18-2010, 06:58 PM
just had a good chat with Larry on skype, great to speak to him and looking forward to having more vids from in in 2011

MaDDoX
12-19-2010, 01:27 AM
Larry, you're such a strong name in this community that it's really as if we all knew you personally. Sorry if that sounds a bit invasive, but that's exactly how we feel - as if we've all been in the same class with you as a teacher.

Like many others I also wasn't aware of your situation until today, and reading this thread from start to finish I can tell you that I've breathed in relief once I saw things were heading back on track for you.

For all of us that followed the ups-and-downs of the Lightwave development along all those years (I'm one of those old hats proud of having been a Lightwave 0.9 beta-tester back in the day), it was really incredible what you've done for this community, all the effort you've put into explaining how character animation was feasible for Lightwave. I, like many others, felt disgruntled by the instability of the CA features in our beloved package, and you offered the only light in the end of the tunnel, claiming like a sole knight - it IS possible, come on, I'll show you. Sure, you pushed us further than most of us could go, and we just couldn't wrap our head around not using IK and take it as naturally as you. I'm one of those, I took the hard decision and ended up moving to the dark side, afraid of being left behind by the train of history. I've learned a lot in Maya, later in MotionBuilder, but to be honest to you after mastering both programs the most important lesson I've learned is how great Lightwave was/is. How important "feeling good" while using a 3D package is. No matter how proficient I am in those proggies, it's always a chore for me starting them up, it's never a "cool, let's start working" feeling as it used to be for Lightwave. And oh, how I blame myself for cursing Lightwave's occasional crashes as if it didn't happen elsewhere. Hah, silly I was.

And you know what's the most important realization? It's that you were RIGHT, even as a solo voice fighting against the minions that invaded the forums to pull us away from our app of choice. Lightwave is indeed completely capable of CA with the help of IKBoost - even if only with the recent Jason findings on how to mix the regular IK and IKB functionalities we, mere mortals, can take full advantage of it. With Lightwave 10's improved deformation and OpenGL speed plus perfect FBX integration (for the occasional Mobu interchange) I don't see a reason to fire up Maya again. Phew :) Kudos to you bud.. wow, you were right!

To sum it up (sorry for the long writeup heh), if not for the great artist and out-of-the-box thinker, just for your firm stance when facing your life at risk, you're an admirable man. God bless you and your family and a especial and well-deserved merry Christmas to you! :thumbsup:

SplineGod
12-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Maddox,
Thank you very much. I appreciate the vote of confidence and the kind words. Its nice to hear that because its a big moral booster for me and my wife. This community has been incredibly support (with maybe 1 notable exception...) and helped us through the toughest experience of our lives. Have a merry christmas :)

GandB
01-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Any new news on Larry, other than Camilla's Blog?

djlithium
01-21-2011, 10:52 AM
Any new news on Larry, other than Camilla's Blog?

The blog is generally the best place for latest information that Camilla feels needs to be shared with everyone. I spoke to larry a few days ago. He sounded okay but I know there are other things going on there. I suggest everyone read the entry of January 17th from Camilla's blog.
This is still going on. Whatever anyone wants to make of that information is up to them, i'm just pointing it out because at this critical time for Larry, having it come to a resolution would be more than helpful.

Julez4001
01-21-2011, 12:59 PM
Glad to hear you are doing better, my man.

colkai
01-21-2011, 01:37 PM
Not doing as well as everyone would hope though, sounds like things are bounce back, fall back. Of course, having the resources you need would help, good wishes are no substitute to getting done what needs to be done. Hang in there Larry!

erikals
01-21-2011, 02:06 PM
"How are you supposed to avoid being dehydrated..."

...i heard milk is good, helps against dehydration...

SplineGod
01-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Its a big balancing act.... Im supposed to keep my fluid intake to 1 liter a day...and thats 1 liter total from all sources including any fluids found in food.
The dialysis removes a certain amount of fluid each day and my kidneys remove a little bit more (they still have a tiny bit of function ). If I retain too much fluid my blood pressure gets high and other problems are created. If I take off more fluid then I take in I get dehydrated and my blood pressure gets too low. Its definately not an exact science but were getting better at it. :)

SplineGod
01-21-2011, 03:37 PM
Not doing as well as everyone would hope though, sounds like things are bounce back, fall back. Of course, having the resources you need would help, good wishes are no substitute to getting done what needs to be done. Hang in there Larry!

Thanks! Resources are a big problem. The resources we should have had were taken from us but thankfully this community, my family and church have stepped up and have filled that void. :)

crashnburn
01-21-2011, 06:23 PM
Glad to hear there's improvement Larry. I've been following your blog from the start as have many on here. I'm currently off work (it's been nearly a year) with an arm injury and will hopefully be back to work in 6-8 weeks. On return, one of my first acts will to be to donate to your fund again because as bad as things have been for me if it wasn't for the help from my friends and family I wouldn't have coped. And I think there's nothing worse than someones health being affected by the lack of money. You've given a lot to the Lightwave community and it's nice to be able to give something back.

GandB
02-06-2011, 12:15 AM
Sounds like you and Camilla are moving towards a crossroads again, Larry. I'm hoping for the best outcome, and hopefully you can get the money you need and deserve.

djlithium
02-06-2011, 01:39 AM
We are all behind you Larry (well, most of the people around here, you know who you are), and if we can make it happen for you we will. You know that.

BTW, for anyone looking to help out, we have some UberDeals on www.liberty3d.com featuring larry's training videos at a great price. Check out http://www.liberty3d.com (http://www.liberty3d.com/store/uberdeals/)
Cash goes to Larry. So if you have been thinking about picking up some training, please grab Larry's special and you get UberCam 1.5 as well as his vids.

Take care Larry, we are all there for you and Camilla.

SplineGod
03-03-2011, 05:32 PM
As always, MUCH appreciated! :)

CaptainMarlowe
03-30-2011, 02:42 PM
Awful news...

3DBob
03-30-2011, 02:53 PM
This is terrrible news, My thoughts are with the both of you.

3DBob

crashnburn
03-30-2011, 03:13 PM
It's disgusting, so called developed countries treating their citizens like they are leeches. It's clear Larry wants to work, but this is what you get for wanting to earn your way. It's very similar here in the UK. You work from the day you leave school, you have a serious accident and they want to help as little as possible while you recover.

It seems very wrong that the two of them are married, yet Larry can't stay. Maybe if they had a few million in the bank they would treat the two of them differently.

oliversimonnet
03-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Worst news so fare
My thoughts and prayers are with you both.
Stay strong

stevecullum
03-30-2011, 04:25 PM
That's a horrible thing...very saddening.

Traveler
03-31-2011, 02:28 AM
Just,.... unbelievable

Elmar Moelzer
03-31-2011, 02:45 AM
This is terrible!
I cant believe this! They are clearly married, have been married for a decade, so how can governments dare to keep them apart?!
So much about the "free world"... You only have freedom if you have a lot of money and/or a lobby supporting you.

GandB
03-31-2011, 08:37 AM
That IS total BS. Good thoughts for you and the Family. Hopefully you'll get some money to help out soon...

Phil
04-01-2011, 05:09 AM
I'm surprised that a medical is required for reinstatement of the green card. I'd never heard of such a thing before.

EmperorPete
04-01-2011, 11:50 AM
This is f**king ridiculous. How the hell the bureaucrats in charge of this sort of crap can sleep at night is utterly beyond me. :(

Dexter2999
04-01-2011, 12:41 PM
This is f**king ridiculous. How the hell the bureaucrats in charge of this sort of crap can sleep at night is utterly beyond me. :(

They sleep at night because they believe "I don't make the rules, I just follow them." And the people who make the rules sleep at night because they never see the faces of the people that are affected.

Sick.

jasonwestmas
04-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Sounds like some real Nazi BS.

MDSPECIFIC
04-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Sad thing to hear.
Larry be strong!

cresshead
04-05-2011, 01:05 PM
well New Zealand sucks, get yourself outta there and back to the USA to get you fixed up healthwise, it'll be annoying as hell but not as annoying as the pen pushers sat doing their best to ruin your year in new zealand.

Paul_Boland
04-05-2011, 02:50 PM
I'm keeping you in my prayers, Larry. Keep smiling!!

EmperorPete
04-10-2011, 05:49 PM
Much more hopeful. Fingers crossed that the Minister you guys spoke to can help you out.

GandB
05-08-2011, 10:31 PM
For those who aren't staying updated.......

crashnburn
05-08-2011, 10:48 PM
Fingers crossed for Larry and Camilla that the appeal is successful!

cgisoul
05-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Another vote here for Larry and love ones. All the best to them and wish them all the luck/help they can get.

prometheus
05-09-2011, 02:33 AM
Anyone who wantīs a yellow and blue card to get the chance to live and work in sweden?:D

Health care is still available in sweden so far..thou the old system has been dismantled due to govermental pressures ..saying we can not afford having sick people, ergo..they can only be sick up to a certain point...time
decides if you are well enough to work.

I think Iīm about to get sick about hearing these in my mind ridiculous offerings of green cards..what the f ? stop spamming with those offers..Itīs just ridicoulus.

Anyway..I miss splinegods wisdom here, keep fighting Larry and show them
that they arenīt going to break you.

Michael

OnlineRender
06-06-2011, 06:58 AM
http://www.liberty3d.com/2011/01/new-uberdeal-splinegod-video-special/

well worth it !,Larry if had "money" i would get it

GandB
06-06-2011, 07:24 AM
That's a great deal for all Larry's work, as well as UberCam! And you're helping out Larry to boot!

probiner
06-06-2011, 08:03 AM
It's a good deal, but a bit to much for me right now. Anyway I have some money coming in so I can seed it by getting a few individual videos.

Bless you Larry.

Qexit
07-13-2011, 07:07 AM
I hadn't checked in on Larry and Camilla's situation for a while so thought I'd catch up today. Things are definitely not looking good based on the latest news on the blog :(

Looks like they need lots of help and a miracle or two right now.

GandB
07-13-2011, 08:01 AM
That's just terrible news. Perhaps if someone had stepped up much earlier in all of this...

jasonwestmas
07-13-2011, 09:23 AM
Wow, she makes it sound like Larry is all alone in LA. There's has to be someone who can help him out. Wish I was still over there, I would do what I could.

T-Light
07-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Girlfriend and I have just been reading through this. It's a shocking way to be treat in the 21st Century. I really hope the tide turns for you as soon as possible.

Best wishes to you both.
Melanie and Brent.

oliversimonnet
07-13-2011, 11:11 AM
ooh no thats not good news at all :(
I do hope something good happens for them very soon, anything aslong as its possitive.

Andyjaggy
07-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Isn't there anyone in LA that could meet him at the airport and help out?

NanoGator
07-13-2011, 02:12 PM
Under normal circumstances I'd happily give him a ride but I'm 2,000 miles from LAX right now.

erikals
07-13-2011, 02:27 PM
i understand it is hard, but i would advice the same, for Larry to go back to the states.
...if it helps Larry's health.
  

Intuition
07-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Wait, when is he coming to L.A. ? Also, what will he do when he gets here? I mean, sure I could go pick him up... maybe not this week (busy at work) but...then what? Drop him off at a place when he's blind.. by himself? Seriously. What would one do?

erikals
07-13-2011, 02:38 PM
Wait, when is he coming to L.A. ? Also, what will he do when he gets here? I mean, sure I could go pick him up... maybe not this week (busy at work) but...then what?
i would take it it only needs one day off at work, Max.

Drop him off at a place when he's blind.. by himself? Seriously. What would one do?

call the ones that deals with it, if unsure, call a hospital, they should be able to set you over to the right persons.
also the the unemployment office should know /have advice.

NanoGator
07-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Ugh imagine him coming home during 'carmageddon'.

Lightwolf
07-13-2011, 02:46 PM
Apparently Larry is only stopping over at LAX on his way to New Mexico.

I suppose he would appreciate a bit of company at LAX as well, but it could be tricky to get past security.

Cheers,
Mike

Intuition
07-13-2011, 02:59 PM
Oh yeah, well, I am not sure I can get that far into LAX without an actual purchased ticket.

tyrot
07-13-2011, 05:51 PM
i am really depressed ... now... i was thinking everything is ok...

NanoGator
07-13-2011, 05:53 PM
Camilla, I hope you're watching, cos I think we'd all like to know what we could do to help?

NanoGator
07-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Oh yeah, well, I am not sure I can get that far into LAX without an actual purchased ticket.

I'm pretty sure that any airline would help him out....

LW_Will
07-13-2011, 11:16 PM
Carmella, I'm in Southern California and I have a car and time. ;-)

Anything I could do, anything requested I will do. You have to but ask.

willsilver on skype

kevman3d
07-14-2011, 12:48 AM
What a great amount of support here from the community... :thumbsup:

On a positive note - most Airlines have services for these types of situations. Sick passengers, small children travelling alone, people with disabilities. They provide people to be with them throughout the journey...

From what I've heard from other friends, they tend to take pretty good care of people - and they will often stick around and wait with them in transit. In a way that's a great thing to know - especially cause it will mean Larry will have someone on hand to help him out...

However imho the situation feels heartless - but its like most countries - bureaucracy, paperwork, faceless governmental officials... Sucks big time. Sucks that its also my country. And it really sucks that those guys are great friends and have been so good to me and my wife letting us stay when we visited the US... And we really don't have the resources to help with any of this other then morale support... :cursin:

Ah well, gotta keep those fingers crossed and let them know that there are plenty of people here that are more then happy to help out... Go LW community! :D

SplineGod
07-14-2011, 01:35 AM
Larry got Residency.
Thanks for all the support, prayers, thoughts etc. I've appreciated it so much.
I'll never be unappreciative of geeks again.
- Camilla

dballesg
07-14-2011, 02:12 AM
Larry got Residency.
- Camilla

Those are really good news.

Glad to hear that you won that battle. Wishing the best for both of you.

David

Traveler
07-14-2011, 02:20 AM
Great to see some good news again!

colkai
07-14-2011, 03:29 AM
Brilliant News. Does that mean any improvement regarding his healthcare though? as it sounds like you guys are still facing obscene medical treatment costs.

erikals
07-14-2011, 04:08 AM
larry got residency.

Fantastic!!!   :]   :]

oliversimonnet
07-14-2011, 04:12 AM
FINALY! a bit of good news :)

Qexit
07-14-2011, 04:13 AM
Larry got Residency.
- CamillaThat's great news Camilla. Just a shame it has taken so long and caused you and Larry so much stress, grief and hardship. Hopefully, things will start getting better from here on out :thumbsup:

OnlineRender
07-14-2011, 05:59 AM
Congrats Well done !

pixelranger
07-14-2011, 06:10 AM
Congratulations!! Best wishes!!

achrystie
07-14-2011, 06:17 AM
Congratulations. You guys certainly deserved some good news.

EmperorPete
07-14-2011, 06:31 AM
Wonderful news Camilla! Hopefully this is the start of things looking up for you and Larry. :)

Fadlabi
07-14-2011, 07:08 AM
Good news!

Afalk
07-14-2011, 07:50 AM
THat news just brightened my day considerably! Thanks for sharing it Camilla!

CMT
07-14-2011, 08:20 AM
Congrats Larry! Fantastic news! I hope everything goes much better for you from here on out.

NanoGator
07-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Whoah!

Fantastic!

So is there anything immediate that you need that'd make him more comfy?

jasonwestmas
07-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Ah, thanks for the news Camilla!

Titus
07-14-2011, 09:00 AM
Wow! I'm happy for you splinegod family :)

tyrot
07-14-2011, 09:45 AM
since yesterday i was feeling so bad ... but news made my day... Larry you are so so so important for our community...... take care of yourself .....

LW_Will
07-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Brilliant!

Larry is a Kiwi, who would've thought! ;-)

Congratulations to you and Larry.

Good luck to you both.

Things are a little righter with the world today.

CaptainMarlowe
07-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Great news !

richdj
07-14-2011, 11:08 AM
Fantastic news!!!!!!!

kosmodave
07-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Fantastic news at last, a pity that the authorities took so long but I have to Salute you Camilla on your perseverance and wish you both well for the future.
Keep us informed of Larry's progress and hopefully one day soon he will be posting here again.
Good news to end my day :thumbsup:.

Dave.

wibly wobly
07-14-2011, 11:42 AM
This is good news. I went by the blog (hadn't been there in a while) and it was pretty gutting to read. It really was pretty difficult to read what I did read. I don't want to start up the debate again but, man, I'm glad I have socialized medicine. I hope he gets himself up and running soon.

nickdigital
07-14-2011, 11:49 AM
Congrats to you and Larry!

crashnburn
07-14-2011, 11:52 AM
Brilliant news, really happy for both of you! Could the authorities left it any later if they had tried. I bet it's taken so much pressure off. Best wishes... Marc

cresshead
07-14-2011, 12:16 PM
this totally made my YEAR...F'n excellent...really really wonderful news.

never give up, never surrender.

party time!

Intuition
07-14-2011, 03:42 PM
Wow, things can turn out ok after all eh? I wonder if Camille did a backflip in shock?

erikals
07-14-2011, 05:10 PM
heh, maybe :]

hopefully things will speed up a lot from now on...
it must be surrealistic in a way...

Daphne
07-14-2011, 06:46 PM
Thank goodness. I have been really worried about y'all. This is outstanding news!

robpowers3d
07-14-2011, 07:06 PM
Very good the hear. Just sorry that it took them so long! :thumbsup:

GandB
07-14-2011, 08:19 PM
Outstanding news!

Nicolas Jordan
07-14-2011, 08:55 PM
It's great to hear that everything is finally working out for the better! :)

magoo
07-14-2011, 09:11 PM
*De-Lurk*

Simply brilliant.

I hope this gets you guys on track to a better life.

*lurk*

JeffrySG
07-14-2011, 09:59 PM
Wonderful news!!

Trailblazer
07-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Fantastic news! Best wishes for Larry and Camilla. :)

shrox
07-14-2011, 10:50 PM
Is the treatment in New Mexico?

battery555
07-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Thumbs up for this encouraging news!!!

antsj
07-15-2011, 12:15 AM
Congratulation Larry & Camille on the residence. Truly great news to hear.

aj

shrox
07-15-2011, 12:32 AM
Oh, duh! He get's to stay in NZ!

juanjgon
07-15-2011, 02:28 AM
Great news !!!

JBT27
07-15-2011, 02:35 AM
That is very great news. All the best to you both.

Julian.

colkai
07-15-2011, 04:41 AM
Just read the blog entry from Camilla outlining everything and suddenly, how medical treatment is there.
Awesome doesn't even start to cover it!!!

Here's hoping Larry now pulls back to something like fighting fit, wishing Cam and Larry all the best for the future! :D :D :D

prometheus
07-15-2011, 07:12 AM
Glad to see some better news, Iīll continue to wish for a recovery, hopefully Larry will get his sight improve in order too be able to see his loved ones, and perhaps getting back to his passion in 3d.

Good Luck Larry

Michael

WirePeople
07-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Never believed in a higher power. Til now. Congratulations to Splinegod, and to Camilla for her strength and perseverance. Be well, both of you.

cg_mike
07-16-2011, 12:10 AM
This is such wonderful news. Congratulations, Larry & Camilla!

3DBob
07-16-2011, 03:18 AM
Some justice and humanity finally prevails.

I am truly happy for you both and I now wish that Larry can get the help he needs to get his faculties and energy back. I've missed his contribution to the community and look forward to a time when he can again join us on this voyage.

And well done to you Camilla, you have been a real hero in dark times.

3DBob

Traveler
07-16-2011, 04:01 AM
An epic last(?) diary post. Congratulations Larry and Camilla.

Qexit
07-16-2011, 04:09 AM
An epic last(?) diary post. Congratulations Larry and Camilla.Hopefully, not the last diary post. I hope Camilla does continue her diary as I would certainly like to hear about how well Larry and herself are getting on now that the main ordeal is over :) Good news seems to be in pretty short supply these days, so it would be nice to hear some from Camilla and Larry from time to time :thumbsup:

EmperorPete
07-20-2011, 09:16 AM
Camilla is indeed keeping the blog going, which is great. So we will all be able to follow Larry's progress. :)

souzou
07-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Wonderful to read good news. Congratulations!

rwhunt99
07-20-2011, 03:49 PM
I am so happy for them, this had real life drama. I would hope Cam could put a book together (hopefully) it could bring in sales revenue and maybe even a movie deal! I know they are not out of the woods yet, but they are much better off than a few days ago, what a relief. Way to go and never lose the faith.

Eric Walters
08-03-2011, 11:04 PM
WoW! I wish them the best and will look to buying another LW tut from Spline God. I took a LW class from him in San Francisco, CA some years ago- and traded emails as well. Nice guy- I'm glad he got Naturalized!!

3dworks
08-04-2011, 12:11 AM
congratulations! ...and again best wishes to larry for getting better and better!

cheers

markus

Titus
08-04-2011, 09:45 AM
I am so happy for them, this had real life drama. I would hope Cam could put a book together (hopefully) it could bring in sales revenue and maybe even a movie deal! I know they are not out of the woods yet, but they are much better off than a few days ago, what a relief. Way to go and never lose the faith.

Or a biopic. Featuring Brad Pitt as Larry :D.

wyattharris
08-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Great news! I know how hard you 2 have been fighting for this. Now focus on getting better and putting out great tutorials. :thumbsup:

manholoz
08-04-2011, 11:05 AM
That blog always brought me sad tears. Now it brings me happy tears.