PDA

View Full Version : A new in LW

nnabdu
09-27-2010, 12:07 PM
Dears:
Any one help on this issue ,,\
I want to creat a test from particles and then I want this text be as water and then splash on the ground ,,, \
I tried with creat particles ,, but after i stuck on it ,,,, I couldn't continue ...
thanks 8/:lwicon:

nickdigital
09-27-2010, 12:17 PM
You could try hypervoxels to fake it but LW doesn't have real fluid simulations. A program like RealFlow is better suited for this. You could also try Blender, that's free.

3DGFXStudios
09-27-2010, 12:19 PM
You can't do that in lightwave. You need next limit realflow for that. You can also do it with some other packages like houdini. You can use particles in lightwave but they always look blobby and far from realistic.

edit: hahaha nick your a faster than me!!! Again!!!

nickdigital
09-27-2010, 12:23 PM
You can't do that in lightwave. You need next limit realflow for that. You can also do it with some other packages like houdini. You can use particles in lightwave but they always look blobby and far from realistic.

edit: hahaha nick your a faster than me!!! Again!!!

:D
At least you and I are on the same page. It would look foolish for me to be the 1st only to be wrong. haha

3DGFXStudios
09-27-2010, 12:32 PM
hahaha true! :D

Wade
09-27-2010, 12:50 PM
Hey guys you can do this in Lightwave if I can find a piece I did 5 years ago looking now. It may or may not be as good as you would like but doable.

More or less I made my 3D text object a particle emitter and transparent. You can adjust the particle "stickiness" so that it holds the shape of the text for however long then slides off. Been awhile not sure if I can dig it up but it can be done and it is not that hard.
:gotpics: - will look awhile and post if I can find.

Wade
09-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Ok not the best example but it looked ok for the few seconds we needed.

Set up a scene and use just one letter or simple object to work with and keep the particle count low to play with and learn the settings. The apply to the more complicated scene.

Now I don't have a "splash" at the end but know it could be done with some thought.

Anyway I hope this is not too simplistic and crude looking but it is text to water and water to droplets that drop... no splash.

use your text object as an emitter, cut it up into smaller pieces so you get a more uniform partial coverage and play withe the enveloped sticky settings for partials.

There is a tut done by William using this method to show perspiration.

nickdigital
09-27-2010, 01:54 PM
The stills look nice. Any way to see it in motion?

Wade
09-27-2010, 01:57 PM
See what i can do might have to render out a short for you...

up loading a short to youtube I'll post a link when done - again it was done 5 years ago and just a little fun so it ain't no work of art nor finished / polished..

nnabdu
09-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Dear Wade:
Good and great job you did. nice ,, Can you give us more details in how can you make particles as atext ,, in which icon I can put my logo to be particles as logo ,, and then I can play with features to be like water liquid ,,,, \\\\

phillydee
09-27-2010, 02:52 PM
D-Storm had a fluid sim plugin that used CUDA for calcs... I think it was called NanamiFX or something like that. Not sure if it's been updated or not--but worth a look perhaps? 8~

nickdigital
09-27-2010, 03:04 PM
D-Storm had a fluid sim plugin that used CUDA for calcs... I think it was called NanamiFX or something like that. Not sure if it's been updated or not--but worth a look perhaps? 8~

Is it even still available?

phillydee
09-27-2010, 03:31 PM
not sure... I never bought it, and it may be in Japanese.

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dsproducts/plugins/LiquidPack/index.html

It's called LiquidPack, has two plugins it seems: NanamiFX and FluidParticles. Seems you need to have a CUDA compatible device, Gforce 8 or better it says.

Wade
09-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Dear Wade:
Good and great job you did. nice ,, Can you give us more details in how can you make particles as atext ,, in which icon I can put my logo to be particles as logo ,, and then I can play with features to be like water liquid ,,,, \\\\

Well it was more like making TEXT into particles..

1. Make text
2. cut text into smaller segments
3. make text an FX emitter under the Dynamics tab
4. play with rate and size. NOTE my text is big like a meter tall..
5. somewhere HV came into play so I could assign the particles a "watery" look...

I think you could envelope the weight of the particles to have them stay in place for awhile then drop or move... My birth rate it set so they pop onto screen then fall but you could have them hold awhile by giving them no weight then ramp it up in one frame so the fall.

Youtube file still uploading will post link here when done. The water moves slow but that is just a matter of working with it and I was just playing around making a quick proof of concept...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n6VhcK6NsM There you go will be up for a little while.

nickdigital
09-27-2010, 03:34 PM
not sure... I never bought it, and it may be in Japanese.

http://www.dstorm.co.jp/dsproducts/plugins/LiquidPack/index.html

It's called LiquidPack, has two plugins it seems: NanamiFX and FluidParticles. Seems you need to have a CUDA compatible device, Gforce 8 or better it says.

It certainly looks cool. I wonder how current it is or if it's still being developed.

Hm, I'll have to see if there's a demo...

phillydee
09-27-2010, 03:37 PM
apparently there's a download page--the second batch of links are the trial versions... good luck!

nickdigital
09-27-2010, 03:47 PM
The videos are certainly cool.

The site mentions 9.2 and only 32 bit...that's pretty old then.

CaptainMarlowe
09-28-2010, 12:34 AM
Just a thought, I haven't tried it myself, but...
Would it be possible to create the splashing effect by using the technique described by Proton in this tutoria (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEaqDoYFzPM)l, to create the splashing drops, and then to use Denis Pontonnier Raindrops or Particle Paint nodes in his RMan collect to create the ripples ?