View Full Version : Bluetooth keyboard and mouse

munky
09-21-2003, 06:53 AM
This will be nice

ADC News

The Apple Wireless Keyboard and Apple Wireless Mouse are new
Bluetooth-based peripherals that provide reliable performance at up
to 30 feet and offer secure 128-bit, over-the-air encryption keeping
sensitive information safe as it is being typed.
http://www.apple.com/keyboard/

Regards

paul

Ge4-ce
09-21-2003, 08:22 AM
Ok.. Me as an Apple fan, I can agree with almost any product Apple makes.. Except: The Apple MOUSE!!

It should have been a 2 or 3 buttoned mouse With a scrollweel..

Add Lithium batteries to it and I would buy one at once!

now? I would not even consider buying one.. to be more exact: when I order a G5, the first thing I do is order another mouse with it!

Beamtracer
09-21-2003, 08:59 AM
Bluetooth is pretty cool.

I'd like a Bluetooth digital camera that transfers pictures to the Mac without a cable (I don't think anyone makes one yet).

A Bluetooth cableless printer would also be nice.

How about a cordless indoor telephone that would resemble a pair of Madonna headsets and run on Bluetooth.

mlinde
09-21-2003, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Beamtracer
Bluetooth is pretty cool.

I'd like a Bluetooth digital camera that transfers pictures to the Mac without a cable (I don't think anyone makes one yet).

A Bluetooth cableless printer would also be nice.

I can't imagine the amount of time it would take to transfer this kind of data via bluetooth. I don't think bluetooth has enough bandwidth to transfer the amount of data in a photo or printout in a reasonable amount of time. I think it's fine for images or data in the <200k range, but that's not much of a photo...

ArneK
09-21-2003, 04:54 PM
I was sooo disappointed when I heard the new Apple mouse still only had one button.

I've had a bad mouse for a couple of months now, and have been putting a new purchase on hold until the new Apple mouse was to be released - hoping it would have multiple buttons.

Christ, I just don't get it. Even Apple's own software (Shake) requires a three-button mouse... so why this..? Argh...

Guess I'll have to get a multi-button mouse from a 3rd party after all.

Beamtracer
09-21-2003, 09:02 PM
You probably won't believe this, but I've heard of studies that have shown the one button mouse to be more productive.

However, a program like Lightwave is loaded with hidden menus that are activated with the modifier key, so a 2 button mouse is more productive here.

Speaking of modifier keys, one thing that really annoys me is that Lightwave uses the Command (Apple) key as the modifier, when most other applications use the Control key.

Yes, you could go into Lightwave's preferences and change it, but some 3rd party Lightwave plug-ins are also hardwired to use Command as the modifier.

mlinde
09-21-2003, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Beamtracer
Speaking of modifier keys, one thing that really annoys me is that Lightwave uses the Command (Apple) key as the modifier, when most other applications use the Control key.
Actually Beam, LW uses the command key in a separate modifier, while the conrol key has it's own functions.
Single Button mice map the CMD key to make the button act as the right key, while the CTRL key has it's own functions. Hence, you get LeftMouse (as it reads) CTRL-LeftMouse(special lt mouse pop-up menu), CMD-LeftMouse(rt mouse), CMD-CTRL-LeftMouse(special rt mouse pop up menu) each doing a different thing. This allows mapping the basic two-button functions to a single button (on the mouse) with additional keypresses, rather than losing that functionality all together with a single button mouse.