PDA

View Full Version : KVM and Wacom tablet

Sekhar
09-26-2010, 02:42 PM
I just got an I/O Gear KVM switch to use with a Vista and a Mac Mini. It works fine except the machines aren't detecting my Wacom Intuos 3 tablet anymore. Anyone using this (or other tablets) with a KVM switch?

gerry_g
09-26-2010, 05:49 PM
Am using a simple usb device switcher to toggle my main A3 tablet between two monitors (each monitor being driven by a different machine) and its fine for doing just that, only downside is the machine I switch away from throws up a dialogue warning keyboard contact has been lost, totally erroneous of course. Now, though I still have this setup, the second machine has it's own A4 Wacom and all pens are ID'd to both tablets which makes for a far faster workflow and is highly recommended if you can stretch to it cost wise. ps: this is all Mac by the way

Sekhar
09-26-2010, 07:46 PM
Thanks for that. I just got the thing working. For others wanting to do something like this: I have a Wacom Intuos 3, a Dell U2410, and a Dell keyboard and mic/speakers all shared between a Vista 64 Dell box (Precision 390) and a Mac Mini through a KVM switch from IO Gear (GCS932UB). If you have trouble sharing your tablet (at least with this KVM), make sure you disable mouse emulation for the mouse port and connect your tablet to that port. It's all working well now.

BTW, I've been a lifelong Windows user and this is my first Mac (or any Apple product actually), and it is...pretty nice. :)