PDA

View Full Version : object getting seperated from its bones

dsdsdsdsd
09-20-2003, 04:22 PM
I have a starfish object with bones with MD_metaplug_morph set; I am dropping the starfish onto a hilly surface (ocean floor) using motion designer's gravity with the starfish set as a target with the 'rubber' surface preset; when I let MD start, the starfish's body falls but the bones do not;

is this the result of MD settings or something else;

thanks
Shannon
Asheville NC USA

pooby
09-21-2003, 10:29 AM
Motion designer does not affect the bones as it's only for polygons.. You would have to animate the starfish falling manually using the bones if you wish to keep them there. (which would probably work better anyway). after you have animated it falling I think you can save out the movement of the bone-deformed polys using MD scan and then apply Motion designer to it to give you some extra rubber wobble if it needs it

dsdsdsdsd
09-21-2003, 10:35 AM
thank you for your response, pooby; I was only minutes ago reading about md_scan, wondering very seriousely for the first tome about the MDD that the manual keeps talking about; in fact, I am here at the Newtek sight with intentions to look up MDD file - what they store, how do they store whatever they store;