PDA

View Full Version : September 2010 Newsletter discussion forum

TheDeacon
09-20-2010, 12:09 PM
The September newsletter is HERE (http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/newsletter.php)

feel free to discuss!

P.S. There's also THIS (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112564) to look at, as well...

Elmar Moelzer
09-20-2010, 12:21 PM
Very nice Newsletter!
Congrats to Zoic Studios for winning yet another Emmy! Isnt that getting boring, guys?
;)

MrWyatt
09-20-2010, 01:21 PM
Just a quick question? When is this rigging dvd supposed to ship?
I hope it is in no way tied to the release date of LW 10. Is it even recorded yet?

Cageman
09-20-2010, 01:33 PM
I can't say I know, but long before Lino teamed up with NewTek to do presentations at Siggraph, he was working on a rigging tutorial but never got to the point of releasing it. I guess that alot of that work can be reused for this training DVD.

:)

wesleycorgi
09-20-2010, 01:55 PM
Good stuff. In the latest issue of 3D World that I received on Friday, there's some good LW coverage @ Siggraph as well plus a good tute in the training section.

I guess it pays to have a full page ad!

inquisitive
09-20-2010, 02:09 PM
Greetings,

Quick report:
The pull down navigation for the site (About/Products/etc) is not displaying correctly in IE8 in the newsletter.php page, it displays fine in the home page.

All the navigation drop down menus display in full and are hovering to the right hand side of the page.

RebelHill
09-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Good newsletter, and thanks muchly for the plug.

Though the pedant in me cant help but quote "Craig Monins, aka RebelHill?"

Yes I can confirm... we are one and the same. ;)

Eagle66
09-20-2010, 03:20 PM
Just always News again....

I wish something more 'making of' for CSI Crime Frozen Shot for example ".

"It was done with LW (but we don't like to show how..... :D )"

TheDeacon
09-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Good newsletter, and thanks muchly for the plug.

Though the pedant in me cant help but quote "Craig Monins, aka RebelHill?"

Yes I can confirm... we are one and the same. ;)

hehe in my defense.. the whole sentence is a question-

"What would a rigging discusssion be without mentioning the one and only Craig Monins, aka Rebel Hill?"

I guess it comes off kinda clumsy...

inquisitive
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM
I didn't get the chance to go to SIGGRAPH, therefore I appreciate all the videos, I can't wait for the new version. Thanks for the info.

flashover
09-20-2010, 04:39 PM
Very good, great job! :D

RebelHill
09-20-2010, 06:13 PM
the whole sentence is a question-

"What would a rigging discusssion be without mentioning the one and only Craig Monins, aka Rebel Hill?"

dammit you're right aswell...

lol.

sodding nice reel btw.

GraphXs
09-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Great read! Newtek rocked at Siggraph! So glad they were back!

jeric_synergy
09-20-2010, 10:26 PM
Arghghghgh. The Zoic profile keeps freezing at the same darn point: just as the plane is exploding down the street.... dang it!!! I'd really like to see it: they're kinda my heroes.

stevecullum
09-21-2010, 10:15 AM
Just a quick question? When is this rigging dvd supposed to ship?
I hope it is in no way tied to the release date of LW 10. Is it even recorded yet?

I think the clue to its shipping date is in its title - I would expect it to ship about the same time as LW10, otherwise they would have called it LW9.6 rigging...but you never know, NT may surprise us...

prospector
09-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Did anyone get that company for camera movement>
Sounded like Innersense
but I tried googeling it (no link to them in newsletter that I found), and nothing came up.
Tried Innersense
innersence
inner sense
inner sence

nothing

nickdigital
09-24-2010, 10:38 AM
Did anyone get that company for camera movement>
Sounded like Innersense
but I tried googeling it (no link to them in newsletter that I found), and nothing came up.
Tried Innersense
innersence
inner sense
inner sence

nothing

http://www.intersense.com/
This company.

TheDeacon
09-24-2010, 10:39 AM
the company is INTERSENSE, and you can find their stuff, HERE (http://www.intersense.com/)

ooooohhh Ernest is quick on the draw.:thumbsup:

TIMMYLYNN
10-13-2010, 06:22 PM
so if I understand correctly if you have always been a member of hardcore you will get the FREE rigging DVD? Or is that just for people who signed up recently/are signing up now? I'd really like to get it. It'd be great if it came with the t_shirt!!!

chills and thrills