PDA

View Full Version : switching from PC to MACPro

lreyes
09-20-2010, 03:01 AM
Just wondering if I can still use my lightwave 9.6 with a MAC?

Tartiflette
09-20-2010, 03:10 AM
No problem as long as you have a "duo" dongle, i.e. a red or a purple one.
Just ask in the registration panel of the Newtek site for a Mac license key and you will be set. :)

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

Fadlabi
09-20-2010, 04:17 AM
you can do, and as Tratiflette mention first you must register a Mac license.
Now I working with Lightwave 9.6 on PC & Mac, and for me the license key as the same on Mac & windows 32 but different on windows 64.

Limbus
09-20-2010, 05:30 AM
Not all plugins are available on the Mac and for some you might need a new license for some. But you can always install Windows via Bootcamp.

jrandom
09-20-2010, 04:44 PM
This is funny, as I just got Windows 7 (x64) running in VMWare Fusion on my Mac, dongle and everything... only... I don't know where to enter the licence key. In the mac, I just went to Layout's Help menu and typed it in there, but the Windows version doesn't even have that menu.

Time to start hitting the PC forums here I guess...

(I'm only doing this so I can make sure that any Lightwave plugins I write run on both Mac and Windows.)

dwburman
09-21-2010, 10:45 AM
I usually just paste the license key into the license.key file in the programs folder or create a license.key file in notepad.

The menu location is:

Help>Enter License

jrandom
09-21-2010, 10:57 AM
I usually just paste the license key into the license.key file in the programs folder or create a license.key file in notepad.

The menu location is:

Help>Enter License

Any idea where the Help menu is located in Layout running in Windows 7? There's no horizontal menu bar, just the Layout vertical menu over on the left.

biliousfrog
09-21-2010, 11:53 AM
Any idea where the Help menu is located in Layout running in Windows 7? There's no horizontal menu bar, just the Layout vertical menu over on the left.

Go to Start Menu - All Programs - Newtek - Lightwave - Registration Utility

enter your code there

jrandom
09-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Thanks!