PDA

View Full Version : I firkkin LOVE this guy...

RebelHill
09-19-2010, 04:32 PM
For those not familiar with his stuffs...

I love his talents as a pro, I love the way he critcises everyone, Kurv, Pixologic, the steaming pile that was avatar, and most of all autodesk, (who let him get away with it without argument), and most of all his unpretentious, classic youtuber presentation style.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-K-eqxSBWIM

Not so keen on the fact that, despite having one of the thickest geordie accents going he still says things like "Zeee brush"... and "softimaaage"... but hey.

Now if only I could get him to say "Dee sexteen in tha hoose".

probiner
09-19-2010, 05:08 PM
hes voice is familiar. Wayne Robson?
Ahhh it is... remember him from UV Layout tutorial.

He has fantastic models.

edit: i do have much more difficulty to follow his english in this video than in the tutorial :D
I guess walking and talking is his way of not freaking out...

TeZzy
09-19-2010, 05:23 PM
wayne robson is great, his tutorials very well done.....I like how he is real straightforward about things aswell haha

Tobian
09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
That's a thick Geordie accent? :) You've obviously not been! :D Amusing stuff, and it's cool to see pro artists from round here :)

jasonwestmas
09-19-2010, 08:23 PM
Was that in English? ;) I was able to understand him better as he got more and more critical.

Lol,Was Avatar "worth half a billion dollars?. . .was it? Fuk."

GandB
09-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow; a bit hard to understand at times...but get it overall. Apparently he's owed money as well for his DVDs.....go figure. ;)

I'll have to check Mudbox out; haven't had a look since it was first in it's early stages.

borkus
09-23-2010, 04:01 AM
"A whole boat-load of *****..."

That sold me. I have been following Wayne since my old days at the Subdivision forum and have respected him for both his talent and his delivery of his said talents. I'm glad that those efforts have paid off for him.

borkus
09-23-2010, 04:15 AM
fan-*******-tastic.

Perfect...

OnlineRender
09-23-2010, 04:40 AM
that was awesome , I nearly fell of my chair laughing at certian parts . .

GandB
09-23-2010, 06:44 AM
LOL! You probably understood most of what he said more than I did, OR. ;)

Cageman
09-23-2010, 07:26 AM
OMG... I had a hard time understanding alot of it... damn accent!

:D

jasonwestmas
09-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Yah, even Cageman's accent is better. ;)

OnlineRender
09-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Geordie's are like Glaswegians "DRUNKS" :rock:

Tobian
09-23-2010, 09:13 AM
Just because we were voted thr 4th best party city in the world, and have a higher density of pubs and clubs per square mile than any other UK city doesn't mean we are drunks! :p

jasonwestmas
09-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Just because we were voted thr 4th best party city in the world, and have a higher density of pubs and clubs per square mile than any other UK city doesn't mean we are drunks! :p

Voted best party town/ UW school. . .madison :P

IgnusFast
09-26-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't think ANY movies are worth what they cost, with very few exceptions - D9 being one. But I have to say, if I don't look at the price tag, I still love Avatar. Derivative and simple it may be, but it's still fun and QUITE gorgeous.

pooby
09-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Do you mean that most films are not worth the cost of going to see them or do you mean that overall they are not worth what it cost to make them?

If its the first, that would imply that you just dont like movies that much, or that your standards are so high that moviemakers simply can't reach the dizzy heights of brilliance that you require in order to feel you've got your money's worth.

If its the film's budget, then its really a nonsense to say whether its worth it or not. Do you think that Avatar wasn't worth it despite the fact that it made a lot more money back than it cost to make? It doesnt make logical sense when applied to a business that is making a profit on selling a product.

Thats like saying 'I'm not going to invest a load of shares in this company that I know is sky rocketing, because those shares aren't worth it' The shares are just an investment, and the return makes it worth it for the investors.

Of course Avatar was worth the money to everyone involved in its production because it was a success. Artistic judgements on the film aren't really related to the economics of the film. An awful film can still triumph in the box office and visa versa. The economics only make sense to the investors. To the consumer it is pretty much irrelevant as the price of admission doesnt reflect the budget of the film.

Now, if films were made as government-funded entertainment for the masses, rather than consumers deciding whether they want to pay to see them or not, then of course I would agree- It would be better to spend that money on the people in society that need help.
But thats not the case.

OnlineRender
09-26-2010, 02:17 PM
WHOLE POST

pretty much agree on everything you said

Artistic judgements on the film aren't really related to the economics of the film. An awful film can still triumph in the box office and visa versa..

a prime example would be

"The Full Monty" :D

Budget $3.5 million
Gross revenue $257,850,122 (wiki)

Danner
09-28-2010, 09:55 AM
someone should subtitle this guy.. heh I can't catch it all.

IgnusFast
09-28-2010, 01:55 PM
I was saying that movies cost too much to make, for the most part. No actor in the WORLD should be able to command millions of dollars for a single film, but they do. And too many films substitute a huge budget and amazing effects in lieu of, gasp, storytelling.

But I'm saying this in the same way I say most professional athletes are vastly overrated too. That doesn't mean I'm going to go picket my local arena or theater. It just bothers me that so much money is routinely flushed down the toilet.

pooby
09-28-2010, 02:39 PM
That's just the way markets work. If you are an actor and everyone wants you to be in their film, you can command a high fee. Why would you not take the money if you think it's a good project and they are willing to pay it?
You cannot take this out of context of the market. It's the same reason Van Gogh paintings are worth millions, it's supply and demand.
People will always sell things for as much as other people are willing to pay for them whether that be a painting or their acting talent.

By saying "it's wrong" you are just revealing that you don't understand markets. It's a bit naive, to be honest.
Its like saying that it's wrong that there is suffering in the world.

What you are really saying is that 'you don't like it.' Which is fair enough.

probiner
09-28-2010, 04:11 PM
It's the same reason Van Gogh paintings are worth millions
Now!!!
I just found funny you putting in the same post someone selling it's artistic skills today and an artist that aparently only sold paintings to his brother and shi brother only sold one or two of them. =P

Other than that, yup; if they are willing to pay for it, it's their money...
And in part, our culture =P

Cheers