PDA

View Full Version : Tricaster Pro freezes while uploading .AVI files

jseawright
09-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Tricaster Pro freezes when I try to add AVI files to VCR playlist. I am thinking of upgrading to 2.5 or maybe tricaster studio but I have had little luck with this machine and don't want to spend good money after bad. I use it at a high school to switch mostly sporting events and it has been very unstable. It freezes when I move from live production to edit media. It freezes when I try to use an overlay. It freezes so much I am scared to do anything other than simple switching. This past week I spent 8 plus hours trying to load ten 15 second AVI commercials and ten 5 to 8 second AVI clips to run on our jumbotron scoreboard. Instead of creating cool content for my scoreboard I am loading clips over and over having to restart the machine because it freezes on different files at different times. Every 3rd or 4th restart i get a message no keyboard detected When I got the machine originally the fans were not turned on and it fried. I sent it back and it was repaired. I wonder if this has anything to do with all of the freezing issues it has? I have had this machine for 3 plus years now and have probably used it less than most people use it in a month. I am at a point now where I need to use this machine much more and I need it to work. Help. Sorry about the rant. Disgusted.

kltv
09-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Where are the AVI files coming from and what codec are they in? Perhaps you are using a file that the TriCaster can't read?

Kris

jseawright
09-19-2010, 04:36 PM
I took all of the files from various sources and imported them into Adobe Premiere CS4, then I exported them as Microsoft avi. NTSC DV Codec. I read in the discussions that mpeg 2 files work well, so I converted all of the files using Adobe media encoder. I'll wipe the video drive tomorrow and try to import the mpeg files. Hope this works.