PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Larry Shultz, fellow CG artist and great friend

wulfie
09-17-2010, 03:55 PM
This is a cry for help and a simplification of a former post:

(http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111131&page=17)

This is a very sad situation. Brace yourself. As some of you might have heard, Larry Shultz / SplineGod, has a life threatening health condition and caught between a rock and a hard place in that situation. Read his wife's blog about it here:

http://csmuse.blogspot.com

I have benefited from Larry's expertise in CG for many many years. My dream was to do computer animation. I couldn't afford to go to school. Because of Larry my dream has come true. I could not have done it without him. He has helped me with no charge whenever I got into polygon peril or even whenever I had difficulty teaching my students (I teach animation to kids)

We need to have a bake sale of monumental proportions to help him.

First, if we could all just simply say what it is about Larry that means something to you, why you think he is important....so that the world gets to know him a little, I will compile it into a letter. Post it here or send it directly to me at

[email protected]

My idea is to get the word out....not just on Newtek forums, get it out everywhere, to see if we can get some help for him.

So what do you all think?

Time is of the essence here.

Bev Standish

RudySchneider
09-17-2010, 06:23 PM
Bev ---
I'm afraid you're quite a bit behind the times: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111131

wulfie
09-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Hi Rudy,

I visited your home page and have a lot of respect for your hard surface modeling (since I am learning to do that) Nice stuff there you have created....and nicely displayed.

And

Yes I know about the other thread, (see link above in my original post) It might be closed though and I didn't want to take any chances.....plus the idea was to have the title refer directly to Larry.

I do wish I had remembered to say thank you though.

So thanks everybody.

RudySchneider
09-18-2010, 02:16 PM
Ah, fair enough. Here's to helping Larry all the more...

And thanks.

tyrot
09-18-2010, 03:34 PM
I think NT has to do something for SplineGod... (if they did not already)... (i know he is not NT employee but ...he is THE waver of this decade...

i would be really happy if NT makes an announcement and covers health care cost of Larry. Saving Larry from this problem will be alone one of the greatest PR ever.

Can you imagine Autodesk saves one of its user.......never.... But NT can do this.

Come on NT...save our GOD...Because we have only one.....Larry

Trulsi
09-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Amen!

cresshead
09-19-2010, 03:32 AM
I think NT has to do something for SplineGod... (if they did not already)... (i know he is not NT employee but ...he is THE waver of this decade...

i would be really happy if NT makes an announcement and covers health care cost of Larry. Saving Larry from this problem will be alone one of the greatest PR ever.

Can you imagine Autodesk saves one of its user.......never.... But NT can do this.

Come on NT...save our GOD...Because we have only one.....Larry

if you look thru the donation list you'll see several newtek people have made a donation..