PDA

View Full Version : Has Lightwave got a tartan?

ianay
09-17-2010, 06:04 AM
I have noticed a large amount of Scots on this Forum..
It seems there are far more Scots than English, which is excellent but not really in keeping with the general population of the planet..
Why is this?
Im curious as to why there seems to be a few more LW users in Scotland than 'doon south'
I myself, learned it in UWS in Paisley...

lardbros
09-17-2010, 06:40 AM
Maybe there are more Universities up there that teach it? I know my uni had some copies, but mainly taught 3d studio, XSI and Maya.

My gran was Scottish, so I'm kind of an honorary Scot user of Lightwave (despite everyone on the planet claiming they are a distant relation of a Scot) :)

OnlineRender
09-17-2010, 06:47 AM
i have noticed a large amount of scots on this forum..
It seems there are far more scots than english, which is excellent but not really in keeping with the general population of the planet..
Why is this?
Im curious as to why there seems to be a few more lw users in scotland than 'doon south'
i myself, learned it in uws in paisley...

uws ,Stow first

lwaddict
09-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Strange question but ok...

could they be takin' the laddies aside whilst very young and be pushing the demo versions or better on them?

I smell a kilt wearin' conspiracy, I do.

thanks for pointing this out,
they must be found and stopped.

ianay
09-17-2010, 08:17 AM
Do they Use LW in Stow?
Cos they certainly push it in UWS
(though UWS shall be changing to Maya soon, from what I hear)

OnlineRender
09-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Do they Use LW in Stow?
Cos they certainly push it in UWS
(though UWS shall be changing to Maya soon, from what I hear)

Stow have several seats , and I heard UWS was also going to Maya , and they should take advantage with ADs free educational licence .

(hated UWS , worse decisions of my life )

StereoMike
09-17-2010, 09:31 AM
I hope I never smell that conspiracy.

OnlineRender
09-17-2010, 10:00 AM
I Suppose this would be our mascot ...

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44953000/jpg/_44953645_nesbitt282.jpg

ianay
09-17-2010, 11:26 AM
(hated UWS , worse decisions of my life )

Why?
Im curious..

OnlineRender
09-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Why?
Im curious..

partly my fault I suppose , my mother is effectively mental , I can't spell the official diagnoses ,but when my old man lost his job threw ill health , she flipped (and was held under the mental health act " , I ended up working 2 jobs and 2 mortgages to pay "her's and mine " . . so my work suffered , also I was stuck doing CA in LW , ffs have you ever tried CA in LW7 . . I was As for the first semester in my hons year ,and everything feel to pot . . "and I only blame myself "

and without gaining a law suite on my hands, I thought the methods of teaching and staff personal were shockingly bad . "except from one lecturer who knew his stuff , as for the rest ....well...

I meet several good people /animators and hopefully there doing well , which is a bonus , as for UWS statics , 1 in 5 leave ......that speaks volumes .

I have learnt more about LW in the last 2 years via the forums , tell me a course that teaches software , but yet fails to show you it actually working . .