PDA

View Full Version : Hard body FX testing

Builtdown
09-16-2010, 05:38 AM
Hi,

I have been testing HardFX exploding lately for the first time and have got quite good results with it.
I have two questions :
1. Is it possible to have the different parts NOT to intersect while "exploding"?
2. If I lenghten my animation, the parts continue to bounce a little bit on the ground eternally. How can I stop that?

See my attachment :
http://www.spiral1.fi/Misc/minikeitti%f6_shattered_1.mov

- builtdown

Ryan Roye
09-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Try these options and see if they work:

1) "Self interaction" in the Collosion tab should be what you're looking for. Set it to sphere or box.

2) Also in the Collision tab, there should be a checkbox that says "StopBy", click on this and set it to "stop by stabilizer"

Dodgy
09-16-2010, 06:14 AM
2> Use Collision>Stop by> Stop by Stabilizer to stop them when they get to a low enough movement (this threshold is dependent on the File>Resolution setting) or Stop by Event, which stops the pieces that get a Collision object hit them with it's type set to Event.

1> The first one is a little more tricky. As Chaz says, objects can collide with themselves only using Sphere or Box (Bounding box). For an object going to fragments, these might overlap at the start of the animation, so you can either use Start by Collision, and then set a break distance, which determines how far a fragment will move before it starts checking for collisions with other fragments, or you can use the Basic>Size value to shrink the bounding sphere/box within the fragments so they don't immediately pop apart. Or use a little of both.

Builtdown
09-16-2010, 07:10 AM
Thanks! I will try those tips.

-b