PDA

View Full Version : LiveSet Constructor Help

skdvr
09-14-2010, 03:57 PM
I just downloaded LiveSet Constructor to try and make a simple LiveSet to be used for a game clock of a football game and I am looking for a tutorial to get me started on how to use it. I just simply want to put the clock in the upper right corner under where I have my scores right now...

Any Help would be appreciated...

Phil

SBowie
09-15-2010, 06:13 AM
LiveSet Constructor creates very basic virtual sets that can be used with TriCaster SD models that support LiveSet, or VT[5], The sets are comprised of a foreground, one video input layer, and background. You supply custom images to serve as the foreground and background for the video layer (foreground images must be 32 bit files, such as Targa or PNG, with an embedded alpha channel).

I'm afraid this tool isn't capable of creating a useful game clock liveset.

p.s. - there are docs in the install.

skdvr
09-15-2010, 08:05 AM
OK, thanks for the info. I assumed that the game clock shot would be simple enough that I could do it with that...

I have lightwave 9.2 but we have never really used it. Bought it with good intentions to learn and have yet to do much with it, so I do not have much of a base with it. Are there any tutorials out there for lightwave that would help with making something as simple as this? I just want to set up a 4th camera to shoot the game clock and incorporate it with my scorecard graphic.

I cannot find much in the way of tutorials for Lightwave. Tutorials is how I learned Photoshop and After Effects. You can always find more and more challenging tutorials out there for them. Any good sources for Lightwave?

Phil

SBowie
09-15-2010, 10:37 AM
There are TONS of LW tutes online - maybe start with some listed in this thread:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107710

(LW is probably overkill for this little job, but only if you have access to Aura, which would be much faster.)

skdvr
09-15-2010, 11:00 AM
No Aura unfortunately... I knew that LW would be overkill, but it is all I have since the Constructor will not do what I wanted. It has become more of a mission at this point to see if I can get it figured out. The game we are doing is this weekend, and I am honestly not to worried about getting the clock up there at this point. Maybe for the next time (if there is a next time). I did download the plug-in for LW, but I cannot get LW to see it as a plug in. Not sure what I did wrong, but I am searching through the LW forums right now.

Thanks for the link.

Phil