PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 10/Core boot problem, Mac.

smokemonkey
09-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Can't get my version of Core to boot up. Mac 8 core running OS 10.6.3.
Get splash screen, then it dumps out.

Any thoughts?

Going Cinema4D soon if this doesn't clear up. Very little help in Tech Support.

Elmar Moelzer
09-13-2010, 01:47 PM
Trolling a bit, hu?
LOL

smokemonkey
09-13-2010, 02:10 PM
What does that mean?!

4dartist
09-13-2010, 03:06 PM
Core is in beta right? Should this be in the hardcore forums? Also, considering it's in beta, maybe you should try 9.6. It works really well. If you need features that are in 10, then.. well, I guess you'll have to wait for them to fix the Mac builds. They haven't been running well and sometimes not starting at all (modeler) for weeks.

As for 'Trolling'.... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))

JeffrySG
09-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Can't get my version of Core to boot up. Mac 8 core running OS 10.6.3.
Get splash screen, then it dumps out.

Any thoughts?

Going Cinema4D soon if this doesn't clear up. Very little help in Tech Support.

Yep, this questions needs to be in the HardCore thread areas at the bottom of the forums. If you don't have access you might want to contact customer support.

littlewaves
09-15-2010, 05:20 AM
Core is in beta right? Should this be in the hardcore forums? Also, considering it's in beta, maybe you should try 9.6. It works really well. If you need features that are in 10, then.. well, I guess you'll have to wait for them to fix the Mac builds. They haven't been running well and sometimes not starting at all (modeler) for weeks.

I reckon that might be just the sort of info they'd rather was kept to the hardcore forums. But thanks. Now I know that they're showing the usual lack of interest in getting things working on the mac platform.

smokemonkey
09-15-2010, 12:28 PM
My apologies all. Wrong section.

realgray
09-16-2010, 07:40 PM

As for 'Trolling'.... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_(Internet))

I was on the fence but wow.