PDA

View Full Version : I wanna break stuff! (Distruction plugin?)

Dreamcube017
09-13-2010, 10:05 AM
Is there some distruction plugin that is able to fracture geometry so that it can be broken (like say if a recking ball smashes into a building or if a glass smashes to the floor?

Sorry, I['m epically new to LW so I'm not enitrely sure of what's therre and what's not.

OnlineRender
09-13-2010, 10:12 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Lightwave+Break

crackit
c4
MGbreakup
HardFX (dynamics inside LW ,select obj , properties ,Dyniamcs add Hardfx - select pieces )

_F9_
09-13-2010, 10:15 AM
Yes, check out flay.com and search for plugins for that. There is one called "crackit" which works with 9.6 32 bit (not 64 bit). You select an object (like a cube) in Modeler, then run the plugin, and it cracks it into pieces which you can then animate in Layout. (read up on collision and hardfx --- one way to animate is to add hardfx to the cube and then create a dynamic collision object and ram it into the cube)

There is also C4, but I haven't worked with it yet (not sure what versions of LW it works with)

Have fun :-)

Dreamcube017
09-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Sweet. Thanks guys.

Now I can break stuff all I want. *evil smile*

dankayaker
09-13-2010, 11:55 AM
I'm on a Mac and the plug-inz either don't work at all, or kind of work but create bad geometry. Nothing I've found works well . . .you could always unweld the polys manually then use a collision object.

Dreamcube017
09-13-2010, 12:15 PM
Darn that bites...

I know I'm kind of a prik for saying this, but...

My name is Dreamcube and I'm a PC.

...sorry, got so much heat from Mac guys lately, justcouldn't resist. Sorry to hear they don't work.

SonicN2O
09-13-2010, 08:08 PM
I'm a mac, and my outdated iMac still works like a charm. Getting a new one though. I think I'll call him Steve. :-)

Dodgy
09-13-2010, 08:25 PM
MGBreakup should work on a mac as it is Lscript based. It does depend on the boolean function built into LW though, so sometimes it can generate iffy geometry.

SonicN2O
07-21-2011, 09:40 AM

Seriously? Stop bullying everyone.

Aaanyway, Breakup works pretty well on my computer, but it's putting holes in my geometry (like missing polygons)

OnlineRender
07-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Seriously? Stop bullying everyone.

Blow...[Edited by moderator, for unnecessary crudity]

SBowie
07-21-2011, 10:49 AM
Oh, come on. Let's do try to be civil, shall we?

prometheus
07-21-2011, 10:52 AM
You could download the apprentice version of houdini and fracture your objects in there and save out to obj format and import to lightwave, you can also do dynamics simulations and liquids and import.

However..You can only use this as a tool for you own personal reel projects, not commercial unless you buy it..wich will be very expensive.

Also keep in mind that houdini is a little difficult to pick up and learn for many people, since it has a node network hiearcy.

But by all means if you got the space and time, try it out and learn one of the big tools used widely in the vfx departments.

Im sure we will soon see a built in break and fracturing tool inside lightwave without plugins;)
otherwise Iīll prefer Crackit and do it in lightwave 9.6...seem to be a little broken in lightwave 10? I felt that the break shards were looking better than Mg breakup.

Heres a quickstart video in houdini on how to get going with dynamics and fracturing.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1846&Itemid=351

another link of videos..houdini..
http://vimeo.com/goprocedural/videos

Michael

prometheus
07-21-2011, 10:59 AM
the crackit plugin

http://www.lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=5754803d

Michael

OnlineRender
07-21-2011, 11:50 AM

by my standards that was Civil...... crudity "yes" unnecessary "no" .

SBowie
07-21-2011, 12:01 PM
by my standards that was Civil...... crudity "yes" unnecessary "no" .Thankfully, then, we adhere to a different standard here. :)

SonicN2O
07-21-2011, 03:01 PM

I agree. There's no need to lmgtfy, rebuke, or otherwise harass someone who is honestly asking for help. If you don't, can't, or won't choose to, then stay out of the kitchen.

SBowie
07-21-2011, 03:05 PM
If you don't, can't, or won't choose to, then stay out of the kitchen.I'm not taking sides in this, SonicN2O. You could wind it down a notch too. If and when you become a moderator, you can enforce the rules. Until that time, please try to act as a guest.

OnlineRender
07-21-2011, 03:58 PM
I agree. There's no need to lmgtfy, rebuke, or otherwise harass someone who is honestly asking for help. If you don't, can't, or won't choose to, then stay out of the kitchen.

POST 1 }onlinerender "that's me btw "

Lets break it down ..........just so we are 100% clear lets not be pedantic about this .

Link 1 == C4 : Object Destruction Tool for Lightwave
Link 2 ==Breaking an object into pieces in Lightwave 10
Link 3 ==Help to Break Obj with HardFX and FX Collision - NewTek Discussions

should I continue? .....oh one shall .

Crackit == Plugin
C4== Plugin
MGBreakUp ==Plugin "THE BEST, in my professional opp"
HardFX == Select Object ,hit "P" Add HardFX ,Select Pieces .

Now I would like to highlight your comment

" who is honestly asking for help"

Now would you consider this above information to be of assistance and help ?

If you don't, can't, or won't choose to, then stay out of the kitchen

you just got roasted :2guns:

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lod7if8MFD1qe0eclo1_r7_500.gif

before you regurgitate the being "A bully point" I would Disagree I'm merely pointing out the fact that you are indeed a nugget!

SonicN2O
07-21-2011, 05:38 PM
:stumped: A gold Nugget or a chicken nugget??

anyways, I don't disagree with the second part of your post, It's just that you and other users (who shall remain unnamed, for the purpose of not starting a flame war) will have insults on a hair trigger. and yes, lmgtfy.com IS an insult of sorts. and the occasional lmgtfy is funny, but using it to get a laugh at someone elses expense (not what I thought you were doing THIS time, but) or as a rude alternative to "Yes, there are several options, many of which you can find on google" is being a bully.

I'm not taking sides in this, SonicN2O. You could wind it down a notch too.

You're right. I can get a bit flamey sometimes. It seems that posts by you and closed threads follow me like mouse droids follow wookies. :D :) :hey: :cursin:

If and when you become a moderator, you can enforce the rules. Until that time, please try to act as a guest.

Yes, you're right about that too, I just feel I have an obligation to defend people. We all do. Dreamcube did the right thing ignoring it. I possibly did the wrong thing trying to turn it into an argument. Politeness makes the world go round. if we all abided by that rule, stuff like this wouldn't happen.

prometheus
07-21-2011, 05:58 PM
Lw community relations should stay intact for proper benifits for all, It shouldnīt be breaked up or cracked as this thread is intended to do with objects.:D

Letīs hope for some implemention of such destruction tools in a near future..perhaps Ibounce?

Have a nice day or evening everyone, and letīs hope that coffe in the morning was awesome or that wine the other night:)

Michael

shrox
07-21-2011, 06:45 PM
Hey! I'll get my leather riding crop! The one with Woody Allen's body fluids on it!

SonicN2O
07-21-2011, 07:15 PM
awesome. back to the real reason I came here...
Breakup is working pretty good on my mac, though I've seen better results with crackit, however, It doesn't work on mac.

shrox
07-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Does C4 work on a mac?

blugenwitz
07-22-2011, 01:50 AM
C4 works on everything. Even on buildings.

Dreamcube017
07-22-2011, 07:58 AM
You could download the apprentice version of houdini and fracture your objects in there and save out to obj format and import to lightwave, you can also do dynamics simulations and liquids and import.

However..You can only use this as a tool for you own personal reel projects, not commercial unless you buy it..wich will be very expensive.

Also keep in mind that houdini is a little difficult to pick up and learn for many people, since it has a node network hiearcy.

But by all means if you got the space and time, try it out and learn one of the big tools used widely in the vfx departments.

Im sure we will soon see a built in break and fracturing tool inside lightwave without plugins;)
otherwise Iīll prefer Crackit and do it in lightwave 9.6...seem to be a little broken in lightwave 10? I felt that the break shards were looking better than Mg breakup.

Heres a quickstart video in houdini on how to get going with dynamics and fracturing.

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1846&Itemid=351

another link of videos..houdini..
http://vimeo.com/goprocedural/videos

Michael

Thanks... although this post is rather old. (I found some decent results with C4 in LW 9.6.

I've waffled with Houdini a bit, but somehow it just wasn't my cup of tea... even though I don't really drink tea... anyway, I was looking at the MMD thing in Maya 2012 and it looks NICE, so I'll be giving that a run.

Even though as I said, C4 works fine for the moment, and I can also do the fluids in Blender and just bake it out if I need too. (They got a nice wave surface thing there too so the surface ripples out from objects on it) Thanks again.

SonicN2O
07-22-2011, 09:13 AM
C4 works on everything. Even on buildings.

:hat:

colkai
07-22-2011, 09:44 AM
Kaboom, there should always be a KaBoom :p

KageRyu
07-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Ok, even though this is an older post, I need to ask, is there a link to the C4D that works in LW9.6? I have downloaded and tried several but get all sort so "Imminent Doom", "End of the World", "The Stars aren't Right" errors when trying it.

Also, where can I find more about HardFX - as a google search just seems to turn up excersises and related pages?

*I used to use a plugin called "Shatter" on my older lightwave rig, but I think that came with a commercial 3rd party program no longer sold - shame too as it worked like a charm and even had a Layout script to generate explosive movement.

OnlineRender
07-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Download MGBreak_up or Voronoi_Shatter http://mikegreen.name/

HardFx== Object >properties> Dynamics >add dynamics >add hardfx

nickdigital
07-27-2011, 02:20 PM
Ok, even though this is an older post, I need to ask, is there a link to the C4D that works in LW9.6? I have downloaded and tried several but get all sort so "Imminent Doom", "End of the World", "The Stars aren't Right" errors when trying it.

C4 is hosted on Foundation3d.com.

Eagle66
07-27-2011, 05:09 PM

Link 1 == C4 : Object Destruction Tool for Lightwave
Link 2 ==Breaking an object into pieces in Lightwave 10
Link 3 ==Help to Break Obj with HardFX and FX Collision - NewTek Discussions

should I continue? .....oh one shall .

Crackit == Plugin
C4== Plugin
MGBreakUp ==Plugin "THE BEST, in my professional opp"
HardFX == Select Object ,hit "P" Add HardFX ,Select Pieces .

These Links are 4 Years old :hey: - and not up to date.

LW has NO Destruction or Demolition plugin that works well. You have to do it all by Hand. You cant use Crackit or C4 for realistic collapsing a complex building. These tools are for playing around and useless Testrenders.

RayFire or thinkingParticles is State of the Art
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKc7PLpeVAQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD2l10pJhss

Bullet physics and Rigid Body Dynamics was announced for LW CORE, and CORE is .... :bday:

OnlineRender
07-27-2011, 06:29 PM
These Links are 4 Years old :hey: - and not up to date.

LW has NO Destruction or Demolition plugin that works well. :

Disagree on that point ! could be better in that respect from NT , but there is tools , and LW dyn are decent enough ....bring on Ibounce though .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgvgTKiKlnY
"
RayFire or thinkingParticles is State of the Art"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKc7PLpeVAQ

can do that in LW .maybe not as quick or easy but you can do it .

OnlineRender
07-28-2011, 09:01 AM
Setup 5 mins , Calculation time 10 minutes ,Render Time 20 minutes

Slow *** machine , could go upwards in geometry .

also never enable self interaction ,so in short you can do that with LW , add collusion obj and a back wall and create the ball with hard fx ..

120 frame dirty TEST
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6EjQmkGmw0

OnlineRender
07-28-2011, 09:58 AM
And there you have the problem... ;)

no problem at all ,just couldnt be bothererd to sit and sim for hours not for one second am I saying LW can do it better , but its like people say LW cant do character animation , well tell that to RebilHill and see what he says ...

Dyn in LW can be used in the exact same way .... I could simulate that scene to be the exact same as the example video posted eairler .

you just need to know the physics .

OnlineRender
07-28-2011, 10:30 AM
You could achieve that same result, and by doing that completely ignore what's special about rayfire. ;)
If you really think you can match what's possible in rayfire, try that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmBQ60Acsbg :p
And then try to set that up with a whole room full of those... or what about a whole city? For "2012" pixomondo used rayfire to large extends for dynamic, successive fracturing... you do NOT want to set up a whole house/city to crash and tumble halfway realistically.

Single license : $325 1/4 the price of LW

MGbreakup : FREE

again no argument here this being a given tool , IE REALFLOW can do the exact same , I stress it can be done in Lightwave just a little slower :)

Dreamcube017
07-28-2011, 10:39 AM
no problem at all ,just couldnt be bothererd to sit and sim for hours not for one second am I saying LW can do it better , but its like people say LW cant do character animation , well tell that to RebilHill and see what he says ...

Dyn in LW can be used in the exact same way .... I could simulate that scene to be the exact same as the example video posted eairler .

you just need to know the physics .

*in angry tirant voice* I don't care about physics, I just wanna break stuff! *normal voice* Maya has this MDD thing now that works pretty well. I'd love to try RayFire (guessing that's a Max or Maya plugin?) but just the fact that it was used on 2012 probably means it costs about 2012...

I'd love to simply model a nice big set of buildings, texture and light things as normal, then set all the geometry..;. ALLL OF IT (aside from the ground) to breakable and hit play.... then watch chaose ensue.

It'd be totally amazing if when you put physical materials on things, the simulator would know exactly what types of particles to use and generate them when needed. When buildings and things fall, particles would automatically be genorated. No more particle setup... just tearing everything down!
[insert evil laugh here] :devil::devil:... ooo never seen this face before. :yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda::yoda:

EDIT: Man looking at this forum at work SUCKS... no youtube... I can't even get to the rayfire site... apparently it has soething to do with games now... fish... as to why I'm on here at work... well hey, you never know what could come in handy on the job right?... right? .... :D

OnlineRender
07-28-2011, 10:54 AM
*in angry tirant voice* I don't care about physics, I just wanna break stuff!

well you are missing the primitive fundamentals then .... I want a button that makes my render look superb , but I need to know about lighting first .

Dreamcube017
07-28-2011, 01:30 PM
psha, I don't need to know that. I just want the button the breaks stuff!... But really I understand that, although the easier a plugin or application is to use, the quicker things can get done.

Oddly enough, there are things where you can hit render and the lighting will automatically look decent, but these things aren't all that great and you should still know about lighting at least a bit.

SonicN2O
07-28-2011, 01:38 PM
@ OnlineRender
If you think that MGBreakup is the best tool, then please tell me how I'm getting all this strange geometry when I use it.

OnlineRender
07-28-2011, 02:59 PM
@ OnlineRender
If you think that MGBreakup is the best tool, then please tell me how I'm getting all this strange geometry when I use it.

Mike Green would be the best person to ask ,but as far as my understanding the random/not so random geometry is caused by the boolean calculations ...

But I have never had geometry generated I couldn't quickly go and delete the points from and if YOU distributed the layers these are easily removed .

MG:a suggestion if I may ,would be to remove the error the plug throws , can get annoying click OK upto 30 times .

Dodgy
07-28-2011, 03:06 PM
That error is in the native boolean function, so badger NT about fixing it :)

OnlineRender
07-28-2011, 03:09 PM
That error is in the native boolean function, so badger NT about fixing it :)

Nightmare! . well write a hack to overide errors :)

SonicN2O
07-28-2011, 03:39 PM
this is the part where I interject with a lame joke and the tread goes silent. :D

OnlineRender
07-28-2011, 03:51 PM
this is the part where I interject with a lame joke and the tread goes silent. :D

this is the part where you sit in front of LW for 5hrs. and work out how to do it .

SonicN2O
07-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Silence...

prometheus
07-29-2011, 01:10 AM
I would say that this destruction topic and this very thread and Itīs content showcase that a "out of the box tool" is clearly missing within lightwave Still today.

Yes..I and many others are sorely frustrated that a tool for a good breakup hasnīt been implemented in the core of lightwave, instead of relying on plugins that isnīt developed anymore or working half arsed or donīt work on macs or only in 32 bit, but only in lightwave 9.6 and not lightwave 10 etc.

do it right, do it within lightwave and upcoming version, and we wont have to waste to much of our time discussing "a simple out of the box tool"
The crackit plugin should have been purchased from Itīs author and continued to be implemented and improved on within lighwave.

Michael

NinoK
07-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Single license : $325 1/4 the price of LW

MGbreakup : FREE

again no argument here this being a given tool , IE REALFLOW can do the exact same , I stress it can be done in Lightwave just a little slower :)

This is often the argument that I dislike the most. Not from you specifically, but in general because I very often see it within our LW community, so don't take it personally. It implies that 'well, you can't do it as well in LW but atleast its free'.

Mini rant incoming.

Cost is important to some degree but the most important part for me is always speed, one of the reason i cling to lightwave. If you cant do it in lightwave natively, it means learning other software, and figuring out limitations and pipelines. I really don't care that something is 'free' if it can't get the job done. If it takes an obscure amount of time to figure out and is undocumented then it is only free in the monetary sense.

I'd gladly pay a $1000 more per LW license to have the option of some of these kick *** tools (such as rayfire) as long as they just work consistently and remain stable, because the bottom line is, i get paid $0 when i can't do something, and the cost of LW itself pays for itself almost immediately. I'll gladly work on a project simply to pay for the software because after that project is done, i still have a great tool.

Granted I could switch to a different software, and to an extent I am, but I for whatever reason am emotionally attached to lightwave and keep hoping that they will catch up. It is still blazing fast when it comes to simple stuff but I am hitting limitations way too often.

Anyway, end of my rant :)

animagicstudios
10-15-2011, 03:34 PM
I am still looking for a plugin that will break an object up in LW10 64bit for windows. Crackit used to be great but it will not work in 64 bit. I even tried C4 and that does not work for 64 bit either. I cant seem to get that one plugin that looks really cool but you cant download it anywhere called breakit 1.2.4

nickdigital
10-15-2011, 05:19 PM
I am still looking for a plugin that will break an object up in LW10 64bit for windows. Crackit used to be great but it will not work in 64 bit. I even tried C4 and that does not work for 64 bit either. I cant seem to get that one plugin that looks really cool but you cant download it anywhere called breakit 1.2.4

Why not just do it in Modeler 32 bit?

chco2
10-16-2011, 10:41 AM
Haven't tried it, but perhaps : Crackit Distribute at BLR (http://files.designburo.nl/lw/modules/TDMDownloads/singlefile.php?cid=6&lid=16)
and or SG Explosion also at BLR (http://files.designburo.nl/lw//modules/TDMDownloads/singlefile.php?cid=6&lid=15)
lscripts, so it should work on mac

SonicN2O
11-15-2011, 06:13 PM
Granted I could switch to a different software, and to an extent I am, but I for whatever reason am emotionally attached to lightwave and keep hoping that they will catch up. It is still blazing fast when it comes to simple stuff but I am hitting limitations way too often.

Anyway, end of my rant :)

*Agreed*

What about LW11?
Also, WHY THE HELL DO WE NOT HAVE NATIVE FLUIDS YET????

OnlineRender
11-15-2011, 06:27 PM
*Agreed*

What about LW11?
Also, WHY THE HELL DO WE NOT HAVE NATIVE FLUIDS YET????

calm down they just got bullet , and fluids can be done in lw if you use particles with HVs ...... or blender to lw

OnlineRender
11-16-2011, 07:22 AM
Because they're on the pretty high end of computer graphics. Unless you want another tacked on solution, let them continue with the basics, how about that? NT has stuff to deliver that's more in the "everyday use" area - which fluids are not. Just because a few would like to toy with them every now and then... if you need it seriously, get a "serious app" like Realflow. So deal with it.

Oliver in traditional fashion you take no prisoners lol ,go easy on him , I used to give him a hard time until I found out he is just a kid "I mean a real pup"

SBowie
11-16-2011, 08:05 AM
I used to give him a hard time until I found out he is just a kid "I mean a real pup"Kids need to learn that allcaps just get you an aggressive reply (not results) too. :hey:

OnlineRender
11-16-2011, 08:21 AM
Kids need to learn that allcaps just get you an aggressive reply (not results) too. :hey:

ohh he will learn quick... LW and how to handle people

prometheus
11-17-2011, 01:25 AM
I would say that this destruction topic and this very thread and Itīs content showcase that a "out of the box tool" is clearly missing within lightwave Still today.

Yes..I and many others are sorely frustrated that a tool for a good breakup hasnīt been implemented in the core of lightwave, instead of relying on plugins that isnīt developed anymore or working half arsed or donīt work on macs or only in 32 bit, but only in lightwave 9.6 and not lightwave 10 etc.

do it right, do it within lightwave and upcoming version, and we wont have to waste to much of our time discussing "a simple out of the box tool"
The crackit plugin should have been purchased from Itīs author and continued to be implemented and improved on within lighwave.

Michael

well..thanks for removing the earwax newtek, you have listened
I can now check this to have been implemented with the new fracture tools in lightwave 11.
I still need to purchase lw11 thou before that becomes real, I have to give it some thoughts the upcoming days.

Michael

probiner
11-17-2011, 01:40 AM
Kids need to learn that allcaps just get you an aggressive reply (not results) too. :hey:

PLL LOVE YOU STEVE! YOU ARE THE BEST! THANK YOU FOR APPROVING MY ACCOUNT!

That should have been a forum spoiler tag =)

[Edited by moderator to minimize eyestrain ...... (just messin' with ya) ;)]

SBowie
11-17-2011, 03:53 AM
I still need to purchase lw11 thou before that becomes real, I have to give it some thoughts the upcoming days.Well, let's be honest - once you decide, we still have to see if you qualify to own LW11. To determine this, you will need to pass through the twelve labours of Hercules (otherwise known as our pre-release sales process). You will need to do this first frontwards, and then backwards .... blindfolded .... with your wrists handcuffed to your ankles and while whistling the TriCaster song with a mouthful of crackers. If you successfully complete this ordeal, we might just be willing to take your money. In that event, you will be notified in the fulness of time by telepathic message. :hey:

In case it isn't obvious enough after passing through Google translate, the above is self-deprecating humour. My goodness we have managed to make this a pain for many of you ... my personal apologies, and thanks to all who have persisted patiently as we try to refine the process.

Emmanuel
11-17-2011, 06:31 AM
Well, let's be honest - once you decide, we still have to see if you qualify to own LW11. To determine this, you will need to pass through the twelve labours of Hercules (otherwise known as our pre-release sales process). You will need to do this first frontwards, and then backwards .... blindfolded .... with your wrists handcuffed to your ankles and while whistling the TriCaster song with a mouthful of crackers. If you successfully complete this ordeal, we might just be willing to take your money. In that event, you will be notified in the fulness of time by telepathic message. :hey:

Twelve ? Damn, no wonder I failed, I thought it was *eleven* labours !

SonicN2O
11-21-2011, 05:04 PM
... my personal apologies, and thanks to all who have persisted patiently as we try to refine the process.

...love u too, Steve
(laugh track plays)
:twak:

But seriously folks, I think NewTek is doing an awesome job of "catching up" to the level of "hi techness" other softwares have to offer. I'm sure many people will agree with me that throughout the constant b****ing and goading of other CG software users (*ahem* maya) we will be rewarded by a package that offers a full, flexible pipeline and has some cool features to boot. I'm super exited for LW11 and I'm going to pick it up as soon as it's available.

I hope none of you know me in real life 'cause that would be awkward...
but in any case if you knew me you would know that "Love u too" is one of my catch phrases when I hear something funny. No offense to anyone, and I seriously love this community and all it offers.
:):):)

robpowers3d
11-21-2011, 06:50 PM
...love u too, Steve
(laugh track plays)
:twak:

But seriously folks, I think NewTek is doing an awesome job of "catching up" to the level of "hi techness" other softwares have to offer. I'm sure many people will agree with me that throughout the constant b****ing and goading of other CG software users (*ahem* maya) we will be rewarded by a package that offers a full, flexible pipeline and has some cool features to boot. I'm super exited for LW11 and I'm going to pick it up as soon as it's available.

I hope none of you know me in real life 'cause that would be awkward...
but in any case if you knew me you would know that "Love u too" is one of my catch phrases when I hear something funny. No offense to anyone, and I seriously love this community and all it offers.
:):):)

Glad you've noticed ;) We are very energized in the development team and are having a blast implementing all of the new enhancements and features in LightWave.

As a LightWave user myself I certainly understand the frustrations felt by some folks and the sour attitudes with things that have happened in the past but, the team and I are certainly doing everything that we can to raise the bar for LightWave. We want give you the types of features that you need to get your work done more quickly and with less hassle.

We are very excited about what is to come and can't wait to see what types of images and projects everyone does with LightWave 11 and beyond!

SonicN2O
11-21-2011, 07:31 PM
Glad you've noticed ;) We are very energized in the development team and are having a blast implementing all of the new enhancements and features in LightWave.

As a LightWave user myself I certainly understand the frustrations felt by some folks and the sour attitudes with things that have happened in the past but, the team and I are certainly doing everything that we can to raise the bar for LightWave. We want give you the types of features that you need to get your work done more quickly and with less hassle.

We are very excited about what is to come and can't wait to see what types of images and projects everyone does with LightWave 11 and beyond!

I think you know what I'm gonna say to that...
:compbeati

...Yup, that's right!
:cat: <did they make this emoticon just for DJLithium?

But seriously, folks:
(Laugh track plays)
:lwicon::lwicon::lwicon:

:lightwave

Hearing from Kelly Meyers about how IronSky is going, there have been some *ahem* problems with the Maya crew... now people on the LightWave team need to clean up for them... And yes, we can't wait for LW11 to come out... It's funny, a few days before 11 was announced, I was hoping you would support EcoSystems from Vie XStream, and now you have instancing!

Dreamcube017
11-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Holy grills, good to see this thread's still going. Also good to see that my wish has been granted with LW11. It actually loks REALLY GOOD too. Hmm...

*looks in wallet*... wow the particle system in my wallet makes a really good dust simulation... oh wait... xD

Looks like I'll be waiting and using the exploration version for a while.

SonicN2O
11-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Because they're on the pretty high end of computer graphics. Unless you want another tacked on solution, let them continue with the basics, how about that? NT has stuff to deliver that's more in the "everyday use" area - which fluids are not. Just because a few would like to toy with them every now and then... if you need it seriously, get a "serious app" like Realflow. So deal with it.

Thx for clearing that up- but I was more talking about fluid dynamics, like TFD.

prometheus
11-22-2011, 02:52 AM
Well, let's be honest - once you decide, we still have to see if you qualify to own LW11. To determine this, you will need to pass through the twelve labours of Hercules (otherwise known as our pre-release sales process). You will need to do this first frontwards, and then backwards .... blindfolded .... with your wrists handcuffed to your ankles and while whistling the TriCaster song with a mouthful of crackers. If you successfully complete this ordeal, we might just be willing to take your money. In that event, you will be notified in the fulness of time by telepathic message. :hey:

In case it isn't obvious enough after passing through Google translate, the above is self-deprecating humour. My goodness we have managed to make this a pain for many of you ... my personal apologies, and thanks to all who have persisted patiently as we try to refine the process.

Well I might join in on that kinky stuff, not sure..If I can get my download faster that way it might be a good Idea:)

I actually placed an order for LW 11 through the email account this saturday, but I havenīt seen or heard anything yet as far as a download link or payment methods.

There might be some issues for me with payment and downloading since I do no not (embaressed) have a credit card. I bought in to the hardcore
through a visit to lanlink in sweden.

Either If itīs possible for direct bank transfer or do I need to sign up for a card before the download is possible?

I think the pain of waiting for LW 11 might be even more agonizing than youre suggested ordeal.

Michael

SBowie
11-22-2011, 06:07 AM
I think the pain of waiting for LW 11 might be even more agonizing than youre suggested ordeal.Reports late yesterday from some who were encountering problems previously look promising, though it might be a bit early to presume the last battle has been fought and won.

OnlineRender
11-22-2011, 06:54 AM
http://web.archive.org/web/20000707005940/http://www.newtek.com/lowfi_index.html :P

lw6 icons on page look very much like lw10.1

zapper1998
11-22-2011, 10:19 AM
if u wanna blow it up LW 11 is it....