PDA

View Full Version : Particle calculate crash, and emitter spread regularity problem

Alexx
09-12-2010, 04:13 AM
Hi,

I have two problems with this scene :

- the "blood foutain" emitter spread particles as small regular chunks, this is clearly visible at the end of the animation where groups of particles are too separated.
How could I do to have a clean and regular spreading of the particles ?

- if I hit the calculate button for this emitter, I have a crash, could you test it on your side please ? and if it's working, could you send to me the resulting pfx file ?

thanks

OnlineRender
09-12-2010, 04:47 AM
EDIT ))))) change blood fountain nozzle - BOX ......calculates fine . . . \/ see bottom post

Lightwolf
09-12-2010, 04:53 AM
Without having seen it... make sure your emitter is emitting time based and not frame based to get rid of chunks.

Cheers,
Mike

OnlineRender
09-12-2010, 04:55 AM
Edit _ I removed the dynimacs for position_ref2 and the scene calculated a bit further ., its a strange rig ,what are using bones for ?

why when I load the scene are dynimacs already pre loaded , I cant a see a Pfx file , generally when you load a scene up , you need to calcualte , but I can see your particles are already pre loaded ???#

Edit

I kept the scene as your default and removed the blood fountain (I know you need it ) , but it calculated fine . . so it's that file . . ill try and see if its your "E" that causing it .

OnlineRender
09-12-2010, 05:15 AM
Aha worked it out , if you change the nozzle shape on the blood fountain - box or anything other than object -vetices , it works cool . ., sorry cant upload scene atm , I dont know why the nozzle shape crashes it , but that is the fault . .

hope it helps

Alexx
09-12-2010, 05:43 AM
its a strange rig ,what are using bones for ?
I've replaced all meshes from this scene by nulls, to only get a scene file to upload here.
The full shot is a zombie head shot :)

why when I load the scene are dynimacs already pre loaded , I cant a see a Pfx file , generally when you load a scene up , you need to calcualte , but I can see your particles are already pre loaded ???#

By default LW calculate a basic motion for particle, calculate is needed for "advanced" interactions like crowd effects or collisions...

Aha worked it out , if you change the nozzle shape on the blood fountain - box or anything other than object -vetices , it works cool . ., sorry cant upload scene atm , I dont know why the nozzle shape crashes it , but that is the fault . .

hope it helps

Yes, thanks a lot, no more crash :)

Without having seen it... make sure your emitter is emitting time based and not frame based to get rid of chunks.
Cheers,
Mike

My emitter is set to 2500 particles per second, and so now that the calculate is working... the result is event worst !
Now I only have big chunks of particles emitted, instead of a regular flow :(
I really don't undestand what's happening here...

OnlineRender
09-12-2010, 05:46 AM
edit

dballesg
09-12-2010, 05:49 AM

hope it helps

Hi, just confirmed what Scott said.

You really need to post the whole scene if you can. Looks like use a Null as the Noozle it's upsetting Lw.

David

Alexx
09-12-2010, 06:03 AM
Hi, just confirmed what Scott said.

You really need to post the whole scene if you can. Looks like use a Null as the Noozle it's upsetting Lw.

David

My original scene also uses a null...
This sample scene is almost like the whole scene, their are 4 meshes, but none is directly emitting particles, only nulls are emitting here

dballesg
09-12-2010, 06:26 AM
My original scene also uses a null...
This sample scene is almost like the whole scene, their are 4 meshes, but none is directly emitting particles, only nulls are emitting here

Then if you are using Nulls as Emmiters, I do not see the reason to use the Nozzle Object Vertices. You get the same effect and avoid the crash Using the Nozzle to Box as Steven Scott suggested, and changing the Emmiter Size to 0,0,0.

David

Alexx
09-12-2010, 06:35 AM
Then if you are using Nulls as Emmiters, I do not see the reason to use the Nozzle Object Vertices. You get the same effect and avoid the crash Using the Nozzle to Box as Steven Scott suggested, and changing the Emmiter Size to 0,0,0.

David

Yes, I'hve changed to the BOx Nozzle, and it solved the crash.

Now my only problem is to get a smooth particle emission, and not chunks every frame.
Particles are not emitted in between frames, any way to solve this ?

dballesg
09-12-2010, 06:55 AM
Yes, I'hve changed to the BOx Nozzle, and it solved the crash.

Now my only problem is to get a smooth particle emission, and not chunks every frame.
Particles are not emitted in between frames, any way to solve this ?

Get rid of the Envelopes on Birth Rate, and Motion > Velocity.

Up your Particle limit to 10000. Calculate and star retouching from there.

Of course save that under a new Scene so you have the old one a s reference.

David

Alexx
09-12-2010, 06:59 AM
Get rid of the Envelopes on Birth Rate, and Motion > Velocity.

Up your Particle limit to 10000. Calculate and star retouching from there.

Of course save that under a new Scene so you have the old one a s reference.

David

This changes nothing, the problem is still here
Each frame, a group of particles is emitted, instead of having them evenly spawn from the previous frame to the current

dballesg
09-12-2010, 07:12 AM
This changes nothing, the problem is still here
Each frame, a group of particles is emitted, instead of having them evenly spawn from the previous frame to the current

I think I found what it is, it's something between the Generator Size and the Vibration value. If the Generator size it's 0,0,0 and the Vibration it's 0.1 then you got that behavior. Had a look to the attached one to see if it's close of what you want.

David

Alexx
09-12-2010, 07:29 AM
I think I found what it is, it's something between the Generator Size and the Vibration value. If the Generator size it's 0,0,0 and the Vibration it's 0.1 then you got that behavior. Had a look to the attached one to see if it's close of what you want.

David

Nope, the problem is still here, and the flow is not the same at all due to the vibration parameter :(