PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Texturing 103 Tutorial, Creating Landscape

Chris Partridge
09-19-2003, 12:50 PM
Hi All,

I'm trying to create a terrain by following this tutorial on this site but I have a problem.

"Go online to the above address. Select a location from which you want get the elevation map. Download the file. Now if you work on Windows, you might have to rename the file from "xxxx_tar.gz" to "xxxx.tar.gz", after that you can extract the archive using WinZip.
From the Object Item Properties panel, Add a Displacement Map to the object by clicking on the T (Texture) button that's located on the Deformations tab.
Load the SDTS image (it doesn't matter which one you select, the loader will find the elevation data). "

I have correctly downloaded the file, and renamed the folder to which the elevation data is zipped to as its name ending in tar.gz.

I've pressed the "T" button to create the displacement map but I'm confused what button to press to Load the SDTS image. When I try to load from "File" in the top left of the page it doesn't seem to recognise any of the unzipped files in my newly created folder (these files end in .DDF).

Am I using the wrong method to load these files? If so, what should I be doing?

I cannot find a load setting in this box, which is why I went to File...

http://futuredom.co.uk/light.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Chris Partridge
09-19-2003, 12:58 PM
Would you believe it, I have just solved the problem. This always happens after I make a post!

ceokeithb
03-24-2004, 04:04 PM
:eek: How did you solve the problem? I still need help with this. Please.