PDA

View Full Version : So I guess we're SOL for LuxRender then?

Dreamcube017
09-11-2010, 01:22 AM
I think I found a post on this a while ago, but I'd really like to try luxrender, but seeing as it can only take things from 3DS (don't have, Maya, have a student version but have to learn it to even think of using it, Blender, have to relearn it to make anything useful material wise)... so no one's heard any news of a plugin for Lux regarding lightwave?

Mr Rid
09-11-2010, 04:18 AM
There is even LuxRender support for Daz now... LW is always left in third party cold.

There's a new 'Reality' plugin to convert Daz scenes, objects & materials to Lux with a click- a few Daz-2-Lux renders with no post proc-

geo_n
09-11-2010, 04:40 AM
Daz community is huge.
Maybe we can ask the octane render lw plug maker to do a lux exporter.

Dreamcube017
09-11-2010, 04:48 AM
That'd be so awesome. I'm a part of the DAZ community, but don't have enough content at DAZ to signify making it useful... maybe I could export my lightwave stuff to DAZ... uh... hmm... I have Carrara, I could import my lightwave stuff to that and... well no I might as well use the free blender one... which I have done in the past and I got somewhat confused simply because of how blender's UI is... darn it.

Seems no matter where I go, I always end up being the underdog...

Titus
09-11-2010, 11:03 PM
As far as I can remember, LuxRender format is very similar to RenderMan format. I once offered to give the source code of my renderman exporter to someone who was interested to try to create a LuxRender exporter. Nobody replied.

Dreamcube017
09-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Well... it appears we're all artists and no coders...

Titus
09-12-2010, 12:14 AM
Well... it appears we're all artists and no coders...

There are tons of LW plug-ins and scripts, so it's clear there are artists _and_ coders, just not enough interest or motivation.

Dreamcube017
09-12-2010, 01:09 AM
aaawwww... Oh well.