PDA

View Full Version : pressure damages on corsair h50 liquid cooler!

prometheus
09-10-2010, 08:15 AM
Ive got all my parts for my new computer now, but my corsair h50
liquid cooler has some small pressure damages on the wrought-iron.
See image...

itīs a blurry image unfortunatly,so it might be hard to see.
So what do you guys recomend, should I return it or is these small pressure damages common and does not affect the performance?

Michael

Matt
09-10-2010, 12:50 PM
When I got my new PC parts I accidently started screwing mine into a new case the wrong way, the screws ended up going all the way through the radiator, at first I thought the water ran through them, but thankfully it doesn't, so no worries about leakage.

I doubt there would be a significant loss of performance with those dents in the fins, I'd only return it if you're like me when you buy something, it has to turn up in mint condition!

Depends on how much hassle it is to take/send back.

prometheus
09-11-2010, 06:38 AM
When I got my new PC parts I accidently started screwing mine into a new case the wrong way, the screws ended up going all the way through the radiator, at first I thought the water ran through them, but thankfully it doesn't, so no worries about leakage.

I doubt there would be a significant loss of performance with those dents in the fins, I'd only return it if you're like me when you buy something, it has to turn up in mint condition!

Depends on how much hassle it is to take/send back.

Thanks Matt!

Ill think Ill stick with it, itīs just smaller dents on a few places.

Michael

zapper1998
09-11-2010, 11:22 AM
did u pressure test it, before installation ??

Danner
09-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Those bent fins will not affect performance in any measurable way

Hieron
09-11-2010, 05:12 PM
Just make sure the waterchannels did not get damaged, performance wise those few dents won't matter at all.