PDA

View Full Version : Need help! i'm new with LIGHTWAVE!

ruejos
09-19-2003, 12:16 PM
Hiya guys!

I kinda new to Lightwave 3D and my main purpose in learning the software is for rendering 3d presentation for buildings or structures........

My main problem is the GRIDS doesn't show up in my work area (viewports) or screen, i have turned on all the options to turn on the grids but still it doesn't appear or shown......i can really appreciate it if someone can help me on this.

I am using windows XP, PIII 600mhz, Nvidia Riva TNT Pro 32mb PC unit.

Thanks in advance. :)

gjjackson
09-19-2003, 12:29 PM
The only thing I can think of is checking the OpenGL drivers. You may want to download more recent video drivers.

Dodgy
09-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Are you in layout or modeler?

ruejos
09-19-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Dodgy
Are you in layout or modeler?

I am in modeler. I am just starting to know lightwave 3d.

ruejos
09-19-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by gjjackson
The only thing I can think of is checking the OpenGL drivers. You may want to download more recent video drivers.

Thanks, i'll try to ugrade my system.

Neuroup
09-20-2003, 12:19 PM
MAybe you shoudl change a gfx card becouse riva tnt2 is not the best gfx card for Lightwave. If you have some extra many maybe you can buy something like geforce 3 or 2 but for AVP device.

Good luck with Lightwave

ruejos
09-21-2003, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the additional tips, my lightwave is off and running.

Justlike to know this time how can i save my work (finish product) to JPEG files.......i tried to save my 1st tutorial via LW_JPEG but it cannot be viewed in any picture viewer or photoshop? Thanks in advance in helpin me here.

Thanks.

knuckles644
09-21-2003, 12:12 PM
hi, I just started working with Lightwave 3 days ago...:) ...This is what I do to save a render as a JPEG......when you have finished your model, send it to layout. Then when you are happy with your lighting, surfacing etc. render it. Select under "File", "Save RGBA", then select "LW_JPG(.jpg)". In the window that pops up, delete whatever is in the filename and type in "nameofyourimage.jpg". That works for me. Best of luck:)

ruejos
09-21-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by knuckles644
hi, I just started working with Lightwave 3 days ago...:) ...This is what I do to save a render as a JPEG......when you have finished your model, send it to layout. Then when you are happy with your lighting, surfacing etc. render it. Select under "File", "Save RGBA", then select "LW_JPG(.jpg)". In the window that pops up, delete whatever is in the filename and type in "nameofyourimage.jpg". That works for me. Best of luck:)

Thank you for the tip! it works! :D