PDA

View Full Version : HardCORE membership expired?

Ryste3d
09-09-2010, 05:02 AM
Why is my HardCORE membership expired 8 days ago?

I don't understand this. I bought Lightwave CORE a few days after the CORE announcement and I have not received anything from LW yet. Not even the T-shirt.

So did we just pay for being beta testers for LW CORE and thats it.

This must be a call for legal action.

Twisted_Pixel
09-09-2010, 08:07 AM
If you still have access to the HC forums I don't think you have anything to worry about. If you paid in, you are in till LW11. I imagine an email, to CS will get the display of membership expiration corrected. (Mine also says expired currently)

Ryste3d
09-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Twisted Pixel,

What do you mean "paid in"?? Do I have to pay again? I paid for LW CORE when it was first announced a long time ago. Do I have to pay every year just to stay as a member?

I have email CS, but no answer yet.

Thanks anyway.

Twisted_Pixel
09-09-2010, 09:08 AM
Only have to repay, if you want to get the next version. You will get LW10 Modeller/Layout/Core 1.0
Later, when LW11 becomes available (assume it will be of format Modeller/Layout/Core 2.0) Then that would be another upgrade at cost.

TheDeacon
09-09-2010, 09:09 AM
From the LightWave 10 FAQs page (http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw10.php)

I am a HardCORE member, my membership to LightWave HardCORE will expire when LightWave 10 ships, do I have to renew immediately to stay in HardCORE?

No, you do not. As a current HardCORE member, your membership will extend and remain active until the next shipping version of LightWave is available.

Will LightWave HardCORE members continue to get new software builds after LightWave 10 ships?

Yes, HardCORE members will continue to receive preview software builds (two to three per year).

What is a LightWave HardCORE Charter Member?

A LightWave HardCORE Charter Member is any LightWave v9 registered owner who paid $395 and joined the HardCORE program prior to March 31, 2009. Customers who received free HardCORE memberships because they upgraded or bought full versions of LightWave v9 are not considered Charter Members, even if that transaction took place prior to March 31, 2009.

How do I know if I am a Charter Member?

Check the amount and date on your HardCORE membership purchase receipt. If you paid $395 and the purchase date is March 31, 2009 or before, you are a Charter Member.

What do I get if I am a LightWave HardCORE Charter Member?

Your original price to join HardCORE was $395. Your upgrade price will remain fixed for the next five upgrades at $395. If you stay current and buy each of the next five upgrades (following LightWave 10) you will pay $395 for each upgrade, rather than the existing retail price at the time (currently $695).

What happens if I am a LightWave HardCORE member and I skip buying an upgrade?

Your next upgrade price reverts to whatever is current at the time ($695 right now) and your membership in HardCORE is closed.

Hope that helps!

Ryste3d
09-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the information,

Just got answer from CS:

Hello,

The Hardcore memberships have been extended up until the release of Core. At that time options will be given on how to renew Hardcore membership. If there's any questions
Please reach Customer service at 1-800-862-7837, Thanks!

Nothing about why it says my HardCORE membership has expired - so I have to give them a call then.

Twisted_Pixel
09-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Can you access Hardcore forums (down at very bottom of main forum list)?
If yes to that, does your current license key work for the current build?
If yes, to both. Then I wouldn't worry too much about what the text says in reg.

Ryste3d
09-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Yes everything worsk just fine. And I also have the HardCORE membership receipt from before before March 31, 2009. So you say I don't have to worry.

Great

Greenlaw
09-09-2010, 03:11 PM
I don't know if it really means anything. It says 'expired' in my reg profile too, but I still have access to all the HardCORE forums and downloads.

calilifestyle
09-09-2010, 03:21 PM
wait so you paid 395 for the next 5 upgrades... as long as you don't miss one upgrade? that's does sound like a Micky Mouse subscription plan.

i guess that also applies to those that bought 495 HC tech.

"Your original price to join HardCORE was $395. Your upgrade price will remain fixed for the next five upgrades at $395. If you stay current and buy each of the next five upgrades (following LightWave 10) you will pay $395 for each upgrade, rather than the existing retail price at the time (currently $695)."

Vong
09-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Thanks for the information,

Just got answer from CS:

Hello,

The Hardcore memberships have been extended up until the release of Core. At that time options will be given on how to renew Hardcore membership. If there's any questions
Please reach Customer service at 1-800-862-7837, Thanks!

Nothing about why it says my HardCORE membership has expired - so I have to give them a call then.

And that answer from CS tells me that CS is _NOT_ on the same page as Rob, Chuck and Jim. Can someone _PLEASE_ tell the left hand what the right hand is doing!!!

littlewaves
09-09-2010, 04:46 PM
so who DID get a t-shirt?

Vong
09-09-2010, 04:48 PM
HardCore members that attended SIGGRAPH and talked to someone from NewTek were hooked up.