PDA

View Full Version : Back in action, well sort of. To 10 or not to 10?

ThriJ
09-08-2010, 05:53 PM
Man it has been a long time since I have been back on the forums! Some things have changed, some not so much. Iím glad to see the community support and my favorite kind of humor is still going strong. Matt now works for Newtek?!8~ :thumbsup: Iím sad to hear how rough Larry has had it, I wish him all the best. The SplineGod tutorials really helped me to get going with LW7 way back when.

Well, I finally saved up and bought a new rig which should arrive soon. :D Back when Core was revealed I realized that all those features and Core awareness and all out Coreness did not mean doodley on a old 2002 Pentium 4 PC. Now that I have a Core worthy computer coming I had expected to take some time before investing in a LW upgrade, but now Newtek decided to be cruel to me by making this tempting limited time offer.:deal: To 10 or not to 10, that is my pondering?:stumped:

Will plugins be broken in LW 10 Modeler and Layout? I looked around but I have not found anything on this, although I am sure it has been covered.

I see that Layout has 3D Stereoscopic Anaglyph and Core has Stereoscopic, but will it work with a Nvidia 3D glasses setup? Again this may be covered, but I found nothing on it and I am too lazy to search more.

Hey I donít see the shirt offer anymore, what happen to the LW shirts!?! :eek::cursin::bangwall:

I really canít see myself upgrading if there is no LW shirt in the deal! Come on guys work with me!:hey: :D

dwburman
09-10-2010, 01:05 PM
I'd like to think that if you took a trip to San Antonio and visited them in person you could could wrangle a shirt out of them... I have no knowledge of them every doing that, but it seems like a decent thing to do.

I'd guess that a lot of plugins will still work since AFAIK Layout and Modeler aren't being altered too much, but I don't know. I'd also guess that the Nvidia drivers would determine if the OpenGL would show up in stereo... of course, that wouldn't take LW's camera settings and targeting into account so it wouldn't be as useful. Of course, wearing 3D glasses for long periods of time might be a bad idea anyway. :)

I intend to upgrade to 10 when a check comes in later this week. I want to lock in the upgrade price as well as have access to the new tools.

welcome back and congrats on the new machine. :)

ThriJ
09-10-2010, 08:56 PM
Thanks Dana,

Iím leaning more and more toward the idea of going for it, even if that means adding to the credit card.:grumpy: Plus going form a Pentium 4 to an i7 975 will be much more fun with Core to play with!:D

I guess 3D stereo is not that big a deal for me yet. I am thinking of trying to make one of my projects stereo 3D in the near future and being able to see 3D positioning before renders would be awesome. I have just about all the needed equipment outside of the glasses.

HmmÖ It has been many years since I have been by Newtek. Maybe I can plan something this next year. A little over 400 miles is a long way to go for a shirt, but I think it is totally worth it! :D :screwy:

ThriJ
09-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Well, I finally went for it! Actually, I upgraded a short while back, but I just now got everything registered. I was going to upgrade sooner or later so it might as well be now!:D And most importantly I was told over the phone that a shirt would be available at some point!!:dance::bowdown:

Well, just got through downloading LW10-Core beta! I know everyone is ahead of me but I'm still going to see if somewhere in there I can find a bug or two I can help crush!:thumbsup::hammer: