PDA

View Full Version : pitchys air

Neuroup
09-19-2003, 07:57 AM
Hello!
I'm making a city. And i have one problem i don't know hot to make pitchys air. YOu know in big citys a air is defiled a lot. How i can make this in Lightwave ?

Macet01
09-19-2003, 10:25 AM
I you are talking about polution then I would probably do it one of two ways.

1. Distance fog in post production
2. hypervoxels

That is the high level. Unfortunately, I am at work and don't have my refrences in front of me. So for now, the answers are a little lacking in detail.

Neuroup
09-19-2003, 03:41 PM
Oki can you tell me something more. Where to start from? Do you have any ideas?

Macet01
09-20-2003, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Neuroup
Oki can you tell me something more. Where to start from? Do you have any ideas?

That all depends. Is this for a static image or is it for an animation. If it's for an animation are you going to be flying through it or just by it. The devil is in the details. Let me know the exact effect you are looking for, e.g. Smog toward the tops of buildings, smog at all levels and the like, I will be able to help a bit more.

Neuroup
09-20-2003, 04:29 PM
My mistake. I should write something more becouse my first post is to much general.
This will be a static image. I want make a smog who is on bottom level of buildings. Thsi smog is making by cars and other stuff. Maybe know you will have more information about my problem. Thx for your help.

Macet01
09-20-2003, 07:30 PM
To get the general smog feeling then you can use the Ground Fog plugin as discussed on page 5.15 in "The Good Book" according to Newtek....aka the manual. They describe it better there than I can in this post. If you are actually going to be showing the cars giving off their exhaust then you will need to put a particle emitter in their tailpipe and have it shoot off particles with hypervoxels attached. There are some good smoke presets that come with Lightwave that should get you started. As for the particle emitter, those settings would need to be tweeked to your tastes. You can find some good tutorials here:
Lightwave Tutorials (http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials)

Hope this gets you going in the right direction.

Neuroup
09-21-2003, 05:54 AM
Thank you for help. i will inform you about my success with smog.

One more time thanks a lot.