PDA

View Full Version : Where are the 'Automatic Save' files?

moth0027
09-19-2003, 07:53 AM
I have started working on a fairly unstable G4 powerbook and decided to use the Automatic Save feature.

The only problem is that I can't track down the files.

In the manual it says it saves them in my system temporary directory with a file name like 0012.MYOBJECT.lwo but I can't seem to find them.

I am using MacOS X 10.2.6

Thanks

mlinde
09-19-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by moth0027
I have started working on a fairly unstable G4 powerbook and decided to use the Automatic Save feature.

The only problem is that I can't track down the files.

In the manual it says it saves them in my system temporary directory with a file name like 0012.MYOBJECT.lwo but I can't seem to find them.

I am using MacOS X 10.2.6

Thanks

Bad news. Automatic save doesn't work on the Mac Hub. Never has. Sorry.

moth0027
09-19-2003, 09:43 AM
Ahhh...

that would explain it...

Thanks

jdavidbakr
09-22-2003, 12:19 PM
I actually did find the folder at one time, it was in the Cleanup at Startup folder which you have to have an unhide utility to find (and once you restart the folder is gone). Also, it seemed to pick and choose what it saved there. If you are handy in the Terminal you might be able to find and recover the files. I pulled a file out of it once, tried and was unsuccessful a second time, and finally figured my time was better spent rebuilding the object.

mlinde
09-22-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by jdavidbakr
I actually did find the folder at one time, it was in the Cleanup at Startup folder which you have to have an unhide utility to find (and once you restart the folder is gone).
If this is true, it's a big misuse of the hub, since 99.9% of users will not be able to track down these files. FWIW, I just checked and I don't have anything in cleanup at startup.
To check (via terminal):
1) Launch Terminal
2) Type cd /Cleanup\ At\ Startup
3) Type ls

This will display any files in Cleanup At Startup.

wizlon
09-23-2003, 08:10 AM
http://www.h2mw.com/main.htm

here are some useful Lscripts, they work on mac and pc, objectincrementor and sceneincrementor.

Lee.