PDA

View Full Version : delete scenes

lreyes
09-06-2010, 10:56 PM
How do you delete scene you have in memory in layout. I know how to do it in my files in the computer, but I like to do it in lightwave layout.

lreyes
09-07-2010, 12:06 AM
I was referring to scene held in memory, I know how to clear a single scene in layout,but want to clear all of them held in memory

evenflcw
09-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Hu?
LW can only hold a single scene "in memory" (the currently loaded scene). If it's to recover whatever memory (RAM) LW might have locked up during a session, then forget about it, just restart.

If you mean the "Recent Scenes" lists you can edit the lw3.cfg/lw8.cfg/lw9.cfg file, removing all lines starting with RecentSceneFile.

If you mean anything else you will have to realize that mind-readers are scarce and express yourself in more precise and formal terms.

lreyes
09-07-2010, 04:59 AM
I was referring to the scene that are listed when you click on load recent scene, there a lot of scenes there that I have done in the past. I would like to get rid of those. I tried to delete the LW9.CFG file in my computer, but still the old scenes are still there when I load a scene.

evenflcw
09-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Then you deleted the wrong lw9.cfg or deleted it while LW was running so it could restore it from memory. (Or perhaps you're on mac and it does thinks differently; unlikely).