PDA

View Full Version : BIG PC Problem

oliversimonnet
09-06-2010, 04:27 PM
hello
ididnt know wether to put this in the comunity or general area of the fourms
but just to be safe sinse itisnothing todo with LWiputit in the general :)

ok the thing is
i have had my new PC for about mmm 3 weeks i think and i shut it down earlyer and when i came to turnit back ok it made its usual fan noice PC's macke when you turn them on and then nothing...
all it was doing was spining the fans the monitor just said no signal
so i turned it off cheked alltheplugsand conections etc,then left it off for abit, but still when i wenttoturn it on nothing the fans just spin,
i dohave a 3 year warenty on it (oris it 2 haha, i duno) but i just wanted to know, if any one else hasever heard of or come across this kind of isue, bifore i start ringingup the place wereigot it from :)

i am on friends laptop at the moment and will probably be able to logg backin again tomorow lunchtime

thanks in advance
-Oliver

lardbros
09-06-2010, 04:40 PM
If it's not making any 'post boot' beep, then it doesn't sound too good! Definitely get onto the manufacturers ASAP and make sure you get to keep your data! Don't want to sound too pessimistic, but it does sound like a fried motherboard to me... you could (if it won't affect your warranty) try to open it, and some motherboards have small LED digits which give a clue as to the problems!

Good luck!

jasonwestmas
09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Last time that happened to me, one of my memory sticks went bad. Remove two of the sticks if you have 4 in there and try to boot again.

I'm not sure how old your Motherboard is but I know from experience to have the latest chipset drivers and device drivers installed.

oliversimonnet
09-06-2010, 05:08 PM
thanks for the reply
ihave 3X2 GIGstics of ram
and ye i am prety sure i haveall the latest drivers :)

so since i have 3 stiks of RAM what doido
remove one put it back in and the reboot?

or remove one reboot and if it works shutdown and plug the RAM back in and restart again? :)

thanks again for the reply i much apreaciateit :)

lardbros
09-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Although this may not help... I have had odd things with my graphics card, where it all went tits up, then I moved it to the other PCI express slot, and all was well again. In fact it was after a BIOS update or something that caused it. So, if you're at a loose end, and need to try something else, you could move your graphics card to a different slot?

zapper1998
09-06-2010, 05:20 PM
can u boot with 1 stick of ram, in the dimm 0 slot

oliversimonnet
09-06-2010, 05:23 PM
Although this may not help... I have had odd things with my graphics card, where it all went tits up, then I moved it to the other PCI express slot, and all was well again. In fact it was after a BIOS update or something that caused it. So, if you're at a loose end, and need to try something else, you could move your graphics card to a different slot?

ok cool there is another thing i can try

can u boot with 1 stick of ram, in the dimm 0 slot

mm i dont know haha i will give it a shot tho

oliversimonnet
09-06-2010, 05:34 PM
ok i took 2 stiks of RAM out
and the PC started up
still doing thesame asbifore tho
it sounds like its on and okall green lights and stuf hehe
but still canot see anything on the monitor
the blue light on the monitor (on light) is blinking? dont knowif that meens anything
i turned it of and back on again (monitor) and it just sais no signal

see im not100% if its the PCor the monitor but im sureits the PC

lardbros
09-06-2010, 05:37 PM
Hmmm, maybe it is a graphics card issue!? If you get the post boot beeping it sounds very likely it's something else, not the motherboard!?!

oliversimonnet
09-06-2010, 05:43 PM
mmm it could be
there isnt any beeping going on when it starts up
just flashing light on themonitor
i will try puting the 2 RAM stiks back in and try moving the GFXcard to another PCI-E slot

jasonwestmas
09-06-2010, 06:11 PM
Yeah, sometimes removing stuff and pluggin it back in will at least get you back into windows. It doesn't always fix the issue though. It could just be a bad update from MS that didn't agree with your system. With all the different brands of hardware out there it's bound to happen once in a while.

ToMar
09-06-2010, 08:45 PM
If it's not making any 'post boot' beep, then it doesn't sound too good! Definitely get onto the manufacturers ASAP and make sure you get to keep your data! Don't want to sound too pessimistic, but it does sound like a fried motherboard to me.....

Sorry, but i have to agree on that. Got 3(4) of these cases my self so far.

(the flashing light on the monitor means standbye, waiting for signal)

oliversimonnet
09-07-2010, 05:40 AM
i think the graphics card has paked in
because it starts up sounds fine but the screen just sais no signal
i have tryed a few things and still the same
so am thinking of calling the manufactures today.

bazsa73
09-07-2010, 06:07 AM
I had similar problems with a BOXX. Twice. Dead motherboard in both cases.

jasonwestmas
09-07-2010, 09:58 AM
i think the graphics card has paked in
because it starts up sounds fine but the screen just sais no signal
i have tryed a few things and still the same
so am thinking of calling the manufactures today.

Does the light on the Hard Drive light up on the front panel and flicker? I've had lots of problems where the BIOS can't detect the HD. But if you can't even see the Bios screen on start up then it most likely isn't the HD.

oliversimonnet
09-07-2010, 10:15 AM
hello
i called the manufactures and we tryed a few things,but in the hend he said that he will emailmea form to fill in and then some one will come and pick it up for repear.
and he said i can keep the HD because i didnt get round to backing up my work :s
if any one knows a wayi can backup my work directly stom my SATA HD tomy portable one
i would apreaciate it :)
that way theycan justtake the whole thing :)

@jasonwestmas: thanks for the responce :) but i have called the manufactures now, but still i apreaciate your help :)

jasonwestmas
09-07-2010, 10:40 AM
In the future you should get a back up desktop comp with a SATA motherboard. That way you can simply hook up your hard drive to your other computer and get your files.

oliversimonnet
09-07-2010, 11:22 AM
ok cool
thanks for the tip :)

oliversimonnet
09-10-2010, 10:43 AM
i dont think i am going to recommend CyberPowers to anyone soon
my compu been knackered about 5days or so and they still havent came and piked it up

jasonwestmas
09-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Yeah better get on the telephono!

oliversimonnet
09-10-2010, 11:46 AM
yeiam not happy
was thinking i would give it till tomorrow then im calling up.
when i sent the form back (via Email) i asked how long it would take and a few other things and he did not answer my questions he just said thank you for filling in the form
so there is another -1 for cyberpowers :)

oliversimonnet
09-20-2010, 04:22 AM
finaly got it back about 20 minuets ago haha
took em a while, but its back now and working
but... my antivirus has expired hahah

they never told me what the problem was tho :(

Shnoze Shmon
09-20-2010, 07:44 AM
I've had two instances where this happened, and it turned out to be simple fix's.

First one was caused by a bad IDE to SATA converter. Removal of the converter solved the problem.

Second, power interruption demonstrated my backup power supply was toasted. Turning the computers power supply (black switch at the back of the case) off for a couple of minutes solved this problem.

One instance of not so simple fix. Unknowingly lost a cooling fan, and subsequently a graphics card and motherboard.

Solution - It was a convenient time to build a new system.:D Got a new tower with 7 fans (one really big one in the top) The standard size ones all light up so I can see their working.:thumbsup:

oliversimonnet
09-20-2010, 07:52 AM
aa ok cool :)
thanks for hte info pal
i shal keep it in minf for the nex time this happend, wich with my luck will be in another 2 weeks haha :)