PDA

View Full Version : My New Website is UP!

cgisoul
09-06-2010, 07:38 AM
Hi,

Just though in sharing my new personal website. Finally got some free time to finish it Today.
Link: http://www.mduque.com/

Cheers! :D

Snosrap
09-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Nice site. One criticism – the most important aspect of your site is the worst! The logo. It may look cool, but it is unreadable. You want your potential customers to know who you are. Otherwise pretty nice site.

cgisoul
09-07-2010, 10:58 PM
Hi Snosrap,

Thank you for your CC. I think that you are right on that. I do want to make it look cooler and logos is something that I just don't have an aptitude for. For time being, I just leave it as it is, until something really nice comes up. I though about some sort of signature stylized of logo, but that is everywhere. We'll see in time.
Again, thank you Snosrap, appreciated for the nice comment.

Sekhar
09-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Good looking site, I like the colors and the angel pic. Nav is pretty straightforward. A few crits:

Some of the items (e.g., the website listings) look like links, but they aren't - in general, it's hard to which is a link and which isn't
The font is a bit too small IMO and a bit hard to read because it's reverse
The web site previews seem to have multiple pages from the same sites vs. one per site (i.e., a bit misleading if that's the case)

oliversimonnet
09-09-2010, 03:56 PM
very nice site :)
love it, good work

calilifestyle
09-09-2010, 03:59 PM
Looks good

cgisoul
09-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Thank you all for the nice CCs / Comments.

@Sekhar,

Actually if you look closer, although the layout in same of the sites are the same, there are small changes in it. Sorry if that miss lead you. I've been in this business for far too long and certainly there are some projects that I am proud of, some +/- and others that I rather don't even mention them or even to show case in my web section. Every Client has different requirements and every job is always a challenge. Of course not all my web works are displayed and as I type this, I am currently working on a several web projects, but can't display them due to NDA.

I agree with the font being too small. Therefore, I just updated it to a bit bigger and brighter. Thank you for mentioning it ;) Appreciated m8.

P.S. I still want to do something about the top banner, when I get some free time I'll work on it to come up with something better.

meatycheesyboy
09-10-2010, 11:23 PM
Nice site, I have a few crits if you don't mind hearing them.

Elements jump from page to page. If you click from the homepage to the about page, the menu bar shifts down 1-2 pixels. The entire website design section shifts to the left when you click on it. Same thing with the bottom bar if you click from about to contact, the bottom bar moves up 1 pixel.

On the contact page, you have a white border around the text block box but a gray border around the other boxes. This gives the illusion that they are different sizes.

On the bottom bar, the sign up button is right aligned with the text boxes but on the contact page, the submit button is not aligned. They should be consistent.

On the contact page, the text "Fields marked with an *..." should be left aligned with the box under it for a cleaner look.

All of these things are pretty minor but add up to a tidier site overall. Nice work on the site itself and the work contained within.

cgisoul
09-11-2010, 07:48 AM
meatycheesyboy,

I don't mind at all Joshua and I welcome very much any CC.
I have to be honest, I quite rushed doing it so there are bugs / code cleaning that needs to review. I will definitely take your suggestions and once I get some free time I will work on them. I certainly agree with you, it's always about those little details that makes the difference. Again, thank you for the nice comment and CCs. Appreciated m8.