PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on how to do this. Limited budget

VideoFormula
09-03-2010, 04:36 PM
Hello all,

New to the forum. I hope this is a good place to post this?

I am currenly live-streaming motorsports events using TriCaster Pro. We have streamed using up to six cameras and a switcher.

I am looking to add a system that will allow my event officials to review action on the track for marshalling purposes. I want an eight to ten camera system that will allow me to capture video from each camera independently, review each cameras captured video independently, while the system is still capturng video from all cameras. That's the easy part!:)

I would also like the ability to push those camera outputs (one at a time )to my TriCaster to live-stream it, but I would need to be able to capture and review the camera's output while I was streaming. :help:

I hope that is clear?

Any suggestions? Multi input/output balun receiver with multi channel DVR?

bbeanan
09-03-2010, 04:38 PM
your best bet is the 3Play (actually 3 3Plays would be needed)... you could do a DVR but ease of use would be your problem for untrained officals

PIZAZZ
09-03-2010, 04:50 PM
My first question would be

What's your budget?

VideoFormula
09-03-2010, 07:30 PM
your best bet is the 3Play (actually 3 3Plays would be needed)... you could do a DVR but ease of use would be your problem for untrained officals

Thanks for the info, but even one 3Play is above my budget for this particular project. It's a great piece, but I don't need the multi camera synchro for this project.

How would I feed 8-10 cameras to the DVR, capture individual camera streams on the DVR for reply, and push one of the camera streams to the TriCaster for live streaming, while still capturing and replaying camera feeds?:help:

VideoFormula
09-03-2010, 07:37 PM
My first question would be

What's your budget?

Well, you see my comments above. So shoot me a proposal......:help:

PIZAZZ
09-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Looks to me that you need either a large router to feed everything through and split out things or at the least several 1x4 distribution amps.

On the recording playback part, if 3play is out of your reach then how about a Tricaster or maybe a pc per camera you need to record? You could use one of several different capture cards to ingest the video. I would suggest staying away from DVRs due to their low quality video. I mean you actually want the officials to see the detail right?

The PC route would cost you probably from 6-700 on the low side to 1200 on the high. Per camera stream to be recorded.

Are the officials supposed to control the video or is there going to me a dedicated op?

bbeanan
09-03-2010, 09:54 PM
your only other option would be a security DVR but those are not full res nor full FPS... What you are asking for is going to be expensive no matter what way you go... my guess is the cheapest you might be able to pull it off for would be around $6,000 and I wouldn't expect it to hold up long term.

pro---studio
09-04-2010, 02:33 PM
The cheapest way would be to rent an EVS for the specific event.

Look at this:

http://il.youtube.com/watch?v=CaNwQ7mCAW0&feature=channel

Or rent 3 Replays. But you have to control every Replay unit independently wich would be a little bit complicated. An EVS would be a better solution.

You cannot do this for a few bucks.

Cheers

kltv
09-04-2010, 03:57 PM
You might be able to do it with a pack of older dual-tuner Series2 TiVos. One of the two cameras feeding each TiVo would have to be converted to RF first. Dealing with the infrared remotes would be annoying since you'd be probably end up controlling them all at the same time, or maybe that is what you want? If you need ten cameras, you'd need five of those TiVos. The output of the TiVos switch between the two internal cameras, so you'd end up with 5 feeds out of the TiVos that would probably need to be sub-switched before reaching your TriCaster or the feed going to your officials. If you don't need to switch them "on air" then a dummy switcher you could get at Best Buy or something might do it. It would be a glitch switch since they aren't timed sources and don't have frame syncs, so I wouldn't do it live on air, but it would work for officials. We used to do something like that as a backup to our primary replay solution, just in case we missed something. You also have to deal with the menus and displays that are present when you fast forward or rewind. But that would give you a rolling half-hour buffer of video on all the cameras. I see a bunch of them on eBay for $99. This isn't the most elegant solution, but it might do it for $500 plus some RF converters and a dummy video switcher.

Kris

Danner
09-05-2010, 04:02 AM
Hauppauge cards can capture two video streams each and you can put several in a system, they are hardware mpeg encoders that compress the files so much that the hard drives are taxed very little. Never worked with one, but I remember back in 06 I saw a system that captured 11 streams simultaneously.

ghoneycutt
09-05-2010, 06:36 AM
As for the capture, recording and viewing of each camera, I think you could pull it off with a 16 channel triples security DVR. The specs on the higher quality models are quite good. Full frame, SD resolution, high fps recording and network access for remote playback and viewing. You pit marshal could view/playback one or more cameras (remotely with a networked laptop or pc) playback can be regular speed, faster then real time or slow motion while the rest are still being recorded. All of the inputs to the DVR can loop out to the tricaster or other equipment.

google triplex dvr

Jim_C
09-10-2010, 05:19 AM
hello all,

new to the forum. I hope this is a good place to post this?

I am currenly live-streaming motorsports events using tricaster pro. We have streamed using up to six cameras and a switcher.

I am looking to add a system that will allow my event officials to review action on the track for marshalling purposes. I want an eight to ten camera system that will allow me to capture video from each camera independently, review each cameras captured video independently, while the system is still capturng video from all cameras. That's the easy part!:)

i would also like the ability to push those camera outputs (one at a time )to my tricaster to live-stream it, but i would need to be able to capture and review the camera's output while i was streaming. :help:

I hope that is clear?

Any suggestions? Multi input/output balun receiver with multi channel dvr?

http://vbulletin.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=87956&d=1284117566

bbeanan
09-10-2010, 09:50 AM
I think the best solution is to save your money until you can afford to do it the right way... otherwise all you are doing is wasting your money... sure you may come up with a hot mess of a solution but it will not hold up long term and in the end you will buy the right product for the job and trashing your cheap solution