PDA

View Full Version : Forget the 7 Ps, I need help today

hughdemand
09-03-2010, 07:41 AM
Hi folks
Borrowing a Tricaster Pro at lunch time :beerchug:and streaming live at 7 PM.

I need a 30 second description on how to do sports graphic overlays. I have created the graphics, I need to know how do I get them to overlay on the screen? I will also RTFM when I get it.:)

Any instant help is appreciated. I will check back at 1 PM EST when I have the TC.:tcicon:

Thanks

Whit

bbeanan
09-03-2010, 08:37 AM
load your graphics into the stills DDR and set the stills as the DSK. Then fade or take the DSK as needed. Then as needed you can click on the image you want up.

You couls also load them into the Titles area but there are more steps to that and a bit tricky so take the easy path..

ZachSchuster
09-03-2010, 04:34 PM
Cutting it a little close for first time use, eh?

DDR would work, but if you need to change text in the graphic (ie scores) then you will have to make the in to titles.

In TC, go to Edit Text tab. You can add your graphics in to a CG page, then create text fields in the places that you need them.

Export all pages to live. Go back to Live Production, you will have to add the titles in to the live mini-editor... there is a drop down someplace nearby... you should see some titles at the top of the list.

Sorry, long day. running on empty...

hughdemand
09-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Thanks to you folks I was successful! yes I was cutting it a little close, a little misunderstanding caused a further delay. But I did get the graphics up and running and it looked very professional as opposed to what I used to do.

Only problem was the guy who normally did the mixing had to take one of the cameras and I had to run the TC:newtek:. I stood up for two hours plus reaching down to run the TC and my back was sore by the end of the game.:hey:

So like a good little busy beaver I am creating some sports graphics this AM, hopefully in time for tonight's game.

joseburgos
09-07-2010, 09:48 AM
I would bet most of us know exactly what you mean by a backache from doing that :)
Glad you pulled it off and feel free to ask more questions as lots of knowledgeable guys on this forum as you already have found out.

Take care,