PDA

View Full Version : Qick Render of Selective Play Range

Jim_C
09-01-2010, 10:46 PM
Now hat SE has the cool little Selective Play Range built into the top, how bout adding a feature that let's us simply click within the play range selection area and choose 'Render Play Range'?

ty

Jim_C
09-02-2010, 03:39 PM
Qick, Quick whatever it takes....

:/

donx
09-02-2010, 08:54 PM
Good idea Jim.:agree:

However this already happens when you select a clip and trim it to the size of the region you want rendered.
I would like to suggest changing 'Render Selected' to mean that only the clips that are selected get rendered and not the whole region of the selected clips. Then it would make sense to have the new 'Play Range' feature work for rendering a region.

Jim_C
09-02-2010, 09:37 PM
However this already happens when you select a clip and trim it to the size of the region you want rendered.

yea you can, but that's kind of a pain at times. http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/images/smilies/Animations/dontknow.gifIf you have a whole bunch of layers and a bunch of clips, you have to make sure you lasso all of them ..twice.. once at the beginning, once at the end, rt click choose render, then hit ctrl/z twice to get back to where you were..
If we could just choose to render the selected play area that is two clicks.

There is a trick of keeping an overlayed .png file with the alpha at 0 on the very bottom of the project and stretch it to the range of render you want, then rt click and render it, but even that is more of a hassle than what I was suggesting.

Since there is no function at all there now, adding a 'Render Play Range' rt click that only renders the 'Play Range' would be handy.... at least for me.

I would like to suggest changing 'Render Selected' to mean that only the clips that are selected get rendered and not the whole region of the selected clips. Then it would make sense to have the new 'Play Range' feature work for rendering a region.

I'm not sure I'm following, but I think what you are suggesting is how it works now by lassoing a set of clips and rendering them. I could easily be confused though.

donx
09-02-2010, 11:12 PM
In SE 2, if I try to render just one clip that has other clips in it's region, the render includes all of the clips in that region.
A 'render selected clips' feature would allow only one or more of the clips to get rendered, with any colour corrections, etc., rendered into it. I used .mov files in an edit because the client was sitting with me and he brought .mov files. I didn't want to waste time rendering them to SpeedHQ.
So after he left, I wanted to replace the .mov files with rendered SpeedHQ files, which play smoother in the timeline.
I couldn't just select one clip and 'Render Selected' :bangwall:
I had to drag/copy the clips to an empty section of the timeline to render them, by the time I got the renders placed in the timeline, some of them were out of sync with the sound. Somewhere I lost a few frames on some clips.

SBowie
09-03-2010, 05:01 AM
I would like to suggest changing 'Render Selected' to mean that only the clips that are selected get rendered and not the whole region of the selected clips.Isn't this pretty much what Render Selected does?

Jim_C
09-03-2010, 06:35 AM
[QUOTE=donx;1053848]In SE 2, if I try to render just one clip that has other clips in it's region, the render includes all of the clips in that region./QUOTE]

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHH ok..

I think I got it now... You are saying that you have clips stacked up on top of each other.........

AAAAAAAA
BBBBBBBBBBB
CCCC
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

and you lasso ONLY the AAAAAAAA clip, you want to be able to render just that clip and not the others that occupy the same time line below or above it. So a 'Render Selected Clip Only' as opposed to 'Render Time Range'

?

SBowie
09-03-2010, 07:26 AM
Oh, I see. Not bad. A workaround for now might be as follows:

- multiselect clips
- make SubProject
- Shift+dbl-click to drill into SubProject
- Render
- Undo (SubProject)

donx
09-03-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks Steve.
That's a very good method for rendering a selected clip and 'only' the selected clip. :thumbsup:
I won't even call it a workaround, because it is so easy that way to isolate and replace the .mov clips with the newly rendered SpeedHQ clips.

SBowie
09-03-2010, 02:04 PM
That's a very good method for rendering a selected clip and 'only' the selected clip. Well, not if you have to do it a lot, but maybe it's better than nothing. :p

(Note that it will work with multi-selected clips, too.)

Jim_C
09-03-2010, 03:51 PM
So we have two requests....

1- Add a 'Render Selected Play Range' to a rt click menu when you rt click on the new 'Play Range Selection' area. There is no rt click menu there now.

2- In the usual Speed Edit rt click menu where it now says 'Render Selected', change that to say 'Render Selected Time Range' and add a 'Render Selected Clip(s) Only' which would do what Donx was asking for.

please...

thank you
jim and donx

Jim_C
09-03-2010, 04:11 PM
#1 - http://vbulletin.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=87833&d=1283551785

#2 - http://vbulletin.newtek.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=87834&d=1283551796