PDA

View Full Version : CCTV doews not work no documentation

Soth
09-01-2010, 11:26 AM
Hi,
I have scene where I want to use CCTV shader but is not as easy as in tutorial movie, simply it does not work. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, I have tried numerous different settings and the best that I can get is pinkish red line across the surface.

I cannot find this shader in documentation. There is nothing in 9.0 manuals and 9.6 What's New Guide (that includes 9.2 and 9.3) lacks any description of CCTV too.

I could not find node version of this shader, so I have simple scene and is not working, and there is no documentation... I will try to make even simpler scene, but in the meantime, I have decided to ask for help here. :)

daforum
09-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Did you see this: ftp://ftp.newtek.com/products/LightWave/Trial/Videos/CCTV.mov

Soth
09-01-2010, 11:44 AM
Yes, I meant this movie when i said 'movie tutorial'. Looks like Fit to option refers to object size not texture area. The whole surface get textured... I mean I get some effects but I seem not be able to focus camera on anything... it is like completely out of the control... OK I am back to battle field, if someone know anything about this size function or seen manual for this, please help me. :)

Soth
09-01-2010, 12:29 PM
OK, I have spend more than two hours on trying to get this to work and I need to say that CCTV shader it is not very useful... I had to do many adjustments and completely random camera tilts to get something that was not even close to effect that I wanted to achieve - have chosen camera render area on the chosen surface.

Unless i am missing something (no manual)... but to be honest it should be feature very easy to use.

So, are there any other ways to achieve it?

Sensei
09-01-2010, 03:11 PM
Are all your cameras perspective or similar ray-tracing? NOT classic..

Do you have turned on all ray-tracing in Render Globals? Ray recursion limit is high enough?

CCTV is basically converting polygon location to camera film plane, and then ray goes from picked up camera to scene. Very similar to how reflection works, only ray origin and direction differs.

RudySchneider
09-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Not sure what you're on about. I managed to get CCTV to work the first time I ever tried it. The only thing that threw me was that the image that ended up on the CCTV-shaded surface was a mirror image. So, I just pointed the CCTV camera at a mirrored surface. Setting up the geometry of the mirror and camera was a bit tricky, but nonetheless calculable.