PDA

View Full Version : HardCORE Help

mborge
08-31-2010, 07:24 PM
OK, so maybe I'm missing something here but, I paid for HardCORE membership/LW10 upgrade Sunday afternoon. I sent my forum ID to the email provided after purchase twice now. I've emailed Newtek yet two full days later and I still haven't been able to get the software. Am I missing something? How long does this process take?

Is the HardCORE forum hiding in plain sight? Is it at some super secret URL?
I really want to download the "builds" and start working with it! Would someone please help me so that others won't suffer as I am?!

If I'm making a total NOOB mistake please forgive! I'm just dying to start working with LW10.:)

hrgiger
08-31-2010, 07:31 PM
No problem mborge, newtek hasn't made this the clearest for new members. If you are registered as a hardcore member, the hardcore section of the forums should be visible to you near the bottom of the forum categories. If not, you may need to register the software on your customer registration page. You may want to consider calling Newtek if you have not gotten an email response.
Once you have access to the hardcore forums, downloads are available in the announcment section. Latest build is Q3R1. Good luck and see you in hardcore.

rsfd
09-01-2010, 03:39 AM
Hi mborge,
it takes 2-3 days until orders are processed and the email about the confirmed HC access is being send to you.
You will then probably have to log out of the forums and log back in (clearing cookies), then you will find the HC forum section at the end of the list after ..."Vue d'Esprit", "Digital Fusion" and "Classified".
hrgiger already told you were you will find the download links.
Once downloaded and installed (keep preferences separated from you 9.x install!), you will have to come to your NT account and register HC/Core to get your actual time-limited unlock keys for the license.key file.

mborge
09-01-2010, 10:47 AM
THANKS GUYS!
This community is one of the things I love about using Lightwave!

I hope this info helps others know what to expect.

I'm pleased to say that Newtek contacted me today and they're resolving my issue.

See you around the forums! :thumbsup:

GuZZLo
09-01-2010, 02:20 PM
Thanks, this post helped me. I'll wait a few days then for the HardCORE membership to be activated... :D

biggazuk
09-01-2010, 02:40 PM
I have a similar problem i have brought lightwave got my email from them it shows my hardcore membership is active looked down the list on the forums cannot find where to download lightwave 10 beta any ideas

mborge
09-01-2010, 09:02 PM
I have a similar problem i have brought lightwave got my email from them it shows my hardcore membership is active looked down the list on the forums cannot find where to download lightwave 10 beta any ideas

Biggazuk, All I can say is contact them. I sent them my Forum ID and my HardCORE License Key by email.

They DID respond to my emails.
It seems they are still working through a couple things on there user registration process/database.

This guy proved very helpful/informative (I HOPE IT'S OK TO INCLUDE HIS CONTACT HERE - MODERATOR PLEASE REMOVE OTHERWISE)

Lauren Tate
NewTek Customer Service
1-800-TOASTER (862-7837)
Fax: 210-370-8001
[email protected]

Now that I'm in, I see the HardCORE Forums listed with these forums on the forum home page and the downloads are right where hriger stated above - in the announcements.

There's actually 2 Builds at the top of the list:
Build 2015
Build 10-Q3R1: Rev. 49917
I guess the 10-Q3R1 is the latest as stated above in this post - I'm not sure what the 2015 is yet. Hope this helps. I'll check back on you. :)

Nicolas Jordan
09-01-2010, 09:52 PM
I would have thought that this process would have been more streamlined by now. :stumped:

Silkrooster
09-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I would have thought that this process would have been more streamlined by now. :stumped:

You would think, but I have a feeling they have more important things on their plate to take care of first. This is something the web team should be handling...

mborge
09-01-2010, 10:14 PM

Yeah I felt that way for the last couple days but, to be fair, my situation was a bit unique. I came from the "edu-ma-cation" side :D and they had to adjust the DBase for my account/serials.

Hey Nicolas - Watched your VimVid - WHY DIDN'T I KNOW ABOUT THAT SOONER!
LW POP-UP MENU WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE!
Thanks bro!:beerchug:

rsfd
09-02-2010, 05:29 AM

When you got your "You were given access to CORE" response email to your Forum Access Request email and you cannot see the HC-Forum section below "Classified", log out of the Forums and log back in (this clears your browser cookies).
For the download links:
in the first HC-Forum section "NewTek Announcements" look for 2 postings of Chuck Baker
"New on FTP - LightWave HC July 28, 2010 :: Build 2015" and
"New on FTP - LightWave CORE July 28, 2010 :: Build 10-Q3R1: Rev. 49917"
You will find the latest builds of LW-HC and LW-CORE there.

…There's actually 2 Builds at the top of the list:
Build 2015
Build 10-Q3R1: Rev. 49917
I guess the 10-Q3R1 is the latest as stated above in this post - I'm not sure what the 2015 is yet. Hope this helps. I'll check back on you. :)

2015 is the actual build number of LW-HC (Modeler/Hub/Layout 10)
10-Q3R1: Rev. 49917 is the actual build number of LW-CORE
Those numbers are important e.g. for bug reportings to clearify to what build your reports apply.

spherical
09-03-2010, 09:39 PM
OK, I've gotta get things set straight before my brain melts. There are a few answers that look like they'll work but the terminology of numbers aren't exactly what one would call consistent. (Putting your Serial Number in as the Membership Number doesn't work--nor does any other number, for that matter.)

What's the actual sequence for registering your LW10 Upgrade?
What's the actual sequence for registering for HardCORE?
Are they related (one comes before the other)?

I've got three numbers in my purchase confirmation email:

Order Number
LW9 Serial Number (Upgrading v9 > v10)
License Key

Which one of these goes where in the convoluted, no instructions Registration System so I can:

Register the LW 10 upgrade seat
Gain access to HardCORE

If I put the only Serial Number I have into the Registration System to try to register the new version, it comes back with:

You are registering a Lightwave USA Free Upgrade Download 1 Seat 9.0

Which is confusing as all getout. I'd expect it to SAY 10.0 if it's going to register LW 10. I don't want to Bork this.

Thanks.

mborge
09-03-2010, 11:10 PM
OK, I've gotta get things set straight before my brain melts. There are a few answers that look like they'll work but the terminology of numbers aren't exactly what one would call consistent. (Putting your Serial Number in as the Membership Number doesn't work--nor does any other number, for that matter.)

What's the actual sequence for registering your LW10 Upgrade?
What's the actual sequence for registering for HardCORE?
Are they related (one comes before the other)?

I've got three numbers in my purchase confirmation email:

Order Number
LW9 Serial Number (Upgrading v9 > v10)
License Key

Which one of these goes where in the convoluted, no instructions Registration System so I can:

Register the LW 10 upgrade seat
Gain access to HardCORE

If I put the only Serial Number I have into the Registration System to try to register the new version, it comes back with:

You are registering a Lightwave USA Free Upgrade Download 1 Seat 9.0

Which is confusing as all getout. I'd expect it to SAY 10.0 if it's going to register LW 10. I don't want to Bork this.

Thanks.

NO WORRIES SPHERICAL, I had the same question - HERE'S HOW MY REGISTRATION WORKED:

1st Buy CORE and get a membership No. - I did that

You have to "REGISTER CORE" first in order to get a CORE serial no. that works in the pop-up box that comes up when you try to run CORE after installation.

Go to www.newtek.com and log onto your account ("my account" upper right on page -- keep in mind that your forum ID/password may not match your account ID so login to your "Account")

Use the Product Registration Drop Down below the "3D Lighwave Gal" and Select "Lighwave HardCORE".

Then it will give you a field for you to enter your membership No. and mine asked what serial (LW9 Serial - I upgraded) was associated with this account in another dropdown so I selected mine (it looked blank at first for me until I actually selected it from the list).

Once you put those in, it will generate a serial no. (you'll know because it has hypens in it and takes you to another page.)

Put that Hyphenated one in the LWCore pop-up box and it will accept it and stop saying license not valid.

Hope that helps.:thumbsup:

PS - As was stated above there's 2 actual downloads - ONE IS CORE and the Other is a revamped/improved version of LW9.6 ie Lightwave 10.
2015 is the actual build number of LW-HC (Modeler/Hub/Layout 10)
10-Q3R1: Rev. 49917 is the actual build number of LW-CORE

From the forums - Basically the LW10 is there to "fill in the gaps" so you can get things done until CORE is finished in its feature set.

spherical
09-04-2010, 04:34 AM
OK, that's clearer (sort of). Why do they have to make this so complicated?

1st Buy CORE and get a membership No.

I bought the upgrade. When does the Membership Number arrive and in what?

You have to "REGISTER CORE" first in order to get a CORE serial no. that works in the pop-up box that comes up when you try to run CORE after installation.

Then what's the License Key that came in the purchase confirmation email?

Use the Product Registration Drop Down below the "3D Lighwave Gal" and Select "Lighwave HardCORE".

Then it will give you a field for you to enter your membership No. and mine asked what serial (LW9 Serial - I upgraded) was associated with this account in another dropdown so I selected mine (it looked blank at first for me until I actually selected it from the list).

Mine isn't asking "what serial". It's asking for a Membership Number. Doing this with the v9 serial is what took me to the:

"You are registering a Lightwave USA Free Upgrade Download 1 Seat 9.0"

that I cited in my post. I went ahead after posting and hit the Register button. It just went around in circles; never going any farther. No second drop-down. The license key (with hyphens) displayed on this page is the same one I've been using for v9 all along. Nothing new shows up in My Products.

So, reading between the lines and distilling this:
I need a Membership Number (from somewhere).
That takes me to a second screen where the v9 serial is chosen from a drop-down.
That takes me to another screen that has the generated new serial for v10.

Yes?

rsfd
09-04-2010, 06:31 AM
When you have placed your order, you will get an automated email reply by NewTek which holds your Order Number, Date/Time of Order, Order Status and some other information summarizing your Order Details. It also holds your current LW9 serial (when you're upgrading) and a License Key for LWHC/CORE.

During the order process there is information, that one should send an email to reg[at]newtek{dot}com
and request access to the HardCore Forum.
Include your Order Number etc. and your NT forum ID ("shperical") in that email.
After 2-3 days you will receive an email which tells you that you were given access to HC-Forum. This mail also holds your HC Membership Number.

Probably, you will have to log out from the Forum and log back in (to clear NT cookies from your Browser) before you can see HC-Forum section in the NT discussions list.
It's below .."Vue d'Esprit", "Digital Fusion" and "Classified".
In HC Forum section "NewTek Announcements" you find posts of Chuck Baker "New on FTP…" which hold the download links for LWHC and CORE builds.
Download your versions. Launch CORE to see what Dongle-ID it reads and write that number down.
Go to http://register.newtek.com/ and register for LW HardCore in your NT account with your Membership ID and Dongle ID.
This will generate the license key (the 4x4 digit unlock code) that you need to run LWHC and CORE. You will find this in your account's "My Products" page.

spherical
09-05-2010, 01:57 AM
OK. Thanks. That's a good sequence. I evidently missed the instruction to email reg for forum access; which evidently is the keystone to this whole process.

It also holds your current LW9 serial (when you're upgrading) and a License Key for LWHC/CORE.

Everyone mentions this License Key but no one says what it is for. All of the instructions I've seen so far use every other number but that one.

After 2-3 days you will receive an email which tells you that you were given access to HC-Forum. This mail also holds your HC Membership Number.

Ah-HA. That's where it is. Thank You. Still confused about the LWHC and CORE naming but that'll all be sorted once I'm back in the beta forum again and running the software. (Many of you will remember me from the v9 beta forum and the dielectric development there.)

What's this I read about users canceling their HardCORE memberships?

rsfd
09-05-2010, 09:10 AM
OK. Thanks. That's a good sequence. I evidently missed the instruction to email reg for forum access; which evidently is the keystone to this whole process.
You're welcome!
It's just always a good decision to read everything when ordering online :hey:

Everyone mentions this License Key but no one says what it is for. All of the instructions I've seen so far use every other number but that one.
Yep, you will notice when your Membership No. arrives.

Ah-HA. That's where it is. Thank You. Still confused about the LWHC and CORE naming but that'll all be sorted once I'm back in the beta forum again and running the software. (Many of you will remember me from the v9 beta forum and the dielectric development there.)

LWHC is a new version of Modeler/Hub/Layout, which holds some new features and emphasizes on data exchange with LW-CORE.
LW-CORE is the "next-generation, unified 3D application" that Newtek started to develop 3 years ago and which was first announced 1 1/2 year ago. It will be the successor of LightWave 3D in the coming years.

What's this I read about users canceling their HardCORE memberships?
Haven't read it so far, I would guess it's not working out for them.

spherical
09-05-2010, 04:15 PM
It's just always a good decision to read everything when ordering online

Must've been on the obscure side. Although, after this long time away from the beta forums, I was eager to get going again. Now, of course, since they still haven't figured out a way to program this, my purchase went in on Friday of a holiday weekend and I'm still waiting.

Yep, you will notice when your Membership No. arrives.

Sounds like it might be similar to the convoluted triple (or more--I can't remember) latch system that e-on had for getting Vue registered and running. This number, that number, connect to the server, get another number put that in and pray. I figured they'd have this worked out and running smoothly by now.

Ya know, maybe it's me but one would think that a simple paragraph with stepped instructions with what to look for and how to proceed included in the purchase confirmation email could:

a) be doable
b) be more efficient
c) improve customer experience
d) increase customer confidence in the main product(s)
e) improve public awareness and perception of the company
f) decrease revenue loss by not having to pay people to do this manually over and over; free them to do other tasks
g) save disk space, bandwidth and electricity because the database wouldn't be full of these questions
h) increase profits because of b, c, d, e, f & g
i) All of the Above

Yikes. Sometimes, creators are so close to the situation they can't see the Big Picture. It's the basic things that can kill you. Seems like a visit to NT by Gordon Ramsay might be in order.

Failing that, (maybe I missed this too) a simple sticky post that would show up at the top of all searches on the topic would at least be second best, as people would have to try a search--instead of getting the 411 right out of the gate.

Or, I could be wrong.
{Will Rodgers}"All I know is what I read in the papers."{/Will Rodgers}

heavyhz
09-15-2010, 10:41 PM
Good eve. I purchased 9.6 last Oct. signed for hardcore then forgot about it, but now I see what core really is and can do i want in. I didnt recieve any emails or reg number so, how can I get it please. The forums are confusing the way its set up, i see no direct links explaining anything related. Any words please.

Silkrooster
09-15-2010, 10:46 PM
Check out this thread. It should help. Other than that, call support they can answer anything you need to know.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112155