PDA

View Full Version : layout crash

rheidtke
08-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Hello you!
I was hoping someone with special expertise in fixing lightwave crash problems. Every time I work on a project in the past few months, my files begin crashing when I have layout synced with modeler. I have to create everything in modeler and then send it to layout and never modify anything in modeler from that point on, because if I change anything in modeler when it is synced, layout will chug along trying to update the file, and then just die.
Also, it crashes in various other instances that I haven't found a pattern in.
This is on a macbookpro from 2008 with a 180 gig hard drive. I only have 50 gigs free and thought that might be the problem but havent tested it yet. If anyone can help me solve this, I will really owe you a big favor in the future.

nickdigital
08-27-2010, 08:21 PM
Do you need to work with Modeler and Layout synced via the Hub? I don't work with it as it makes both sides run faster.

On a PC you add dash zero (-0) to the shortcut string. I'm not sure what the equivalent on a Mac is.

3DGFXStudios
08-28-2010, 05:54 AM
Are you using lw 9.6.1?

rheidtke
08-30-2010, 07:37 AM
Space Monkey: Yes, it is 9.6.1.

Nick: Im not exactly sure what you mean.

I deleted 50 gigs of music from my hard drive and its still having the problem.
help!!

3DGFXStudios
08-30-2010, 12:33 PM
than I don't know what it is. I'm using LW HC without any problems. I had similar problems with 9.6. I haven't tried 9.6.1 but HC works for me.

lertola2
08-30-2010, 08:59 PM
Try deleting your modeler and lightwave config files. These are located in "your home folder"/Library/Preferences. You will have to reload your plugins. Also if you customized your keyboard shortcuts and menus you should save these settings as you will have to reload them.

rheidtke
09-01-2010, 07:48 AM
alright, well i deleted the program and reinstalled from a friend's disk. now it is locked though for some reason even though the dongle is in. maybe its a serial number problem/?? any ideas?
thanks for the ideas so far guys!

nickdigital
09-01-2010, 09:48 AM
When you say "locked" do you mean in Discovery mode?

Since you deleted everything did you re-enter your license key?