PDA

View Full Version : MIR and LIGHTWAVE ?????

THIBAULT
08-26-2010, 11:23 PM
Hello

I'm browsing the magazine NewTek and I came across the article on the architecture and the excellent studio MIR.
There's just one problem is that MIR is no longer using Lightwave for a while. Given the quality of their gallery, I asked them by mail, they use MODO and MAX.
Just look at their achievements to be convinced!

So here I find it a bit odd!

By

Elmar Moelzer
08-27-2010, 04:35 AM
Uhm, why do you think that LW could not bring that same quality, or something?
I find that a bit odd.
Seeing that you only have 14 posts, I feel like you are trolling...

stevenpalomino
08-27-2010, 04:56 AM
:)

THIBAULT
08-27-2010, 05:34 AM
As I suspected, no comment!

lardbros
08-27-2010, 05:36 AM
What an idiot... many people still think it's the tools that do the work... it's the artists that create the work, look at the LW gallery!... and go get a life mate!

zarti
08-27-2010, 05:43 AM
calm down guys ! none can defend or defeat a software .

if that is true ( at the time of writting ) ; it shouldn't have been mentioned in the mag .

plain simple .

why are you attacking a person so fast ?

what if that is TRUE ??

3dworks
08-27-2010, 06:02 AM
afaik they use a mix LW of max (especially for modelling and some things you can't do in LW), and if i'm not wrong, LW is and was their main render engine. modo might be part of their arsenal like other apps as well. but maybe someone from MIR can tune in ...

lardbros
08-27-2010, 06:18 AM
It might be true, but it's not worth posting in a forum to say that... it is simply trolling. I wouldn't dream of going to the C4d forums and saying

"C4D wasn't actually used in *insert project here*"

It is sad that people are actually bothered that it said Lightwave, but maybe didn't... it doesn't matter what software people use, it's the results that count!

THIBAULT
08-27-2010, 07:09 AM
The issue of MIR seemed important to know the particular reasons for their change, if there really was a change of software. For the rest, of course, that it is results that account (not yours that I have seen on your site).
Sorry, the images have a decade! Now, some customers are less demanding than others ...
When you're independent, it seeks to do the best possible as quickly as possible and it seems sensible to know if the tool you use is as fast as another soft to equal results.
The answer seems more relevant 3DWORKS and he is an artist, a true!

lardbros
08-27-2010, 08:39 AM
Ha, fair enough. My website is over 6 years old... I only do freelance work as a side job, but work full-time for a large company doing CG stuff using 3ds max. My work has improved somewhat since then, but I am unable to show any of it as it's all owned by the company I work for.

As far as I'm concerned you have only come on here to pick a fight... so try and post something constructive, rather than tell us that Lightwave is incapable... it's only a bit of software.

I wouldn't mind seeing your works of art... always interested in seeing other people's work.

Elmar Moelzer
08-27-2010, 10:29 AM
I think people are assuming to much here. Maybe they have just ADDED some more tools to their pipeline. This does not indicate a switch.

ingo
08-28-2010, 09:33 AM
Nothing really new :

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104294