PDA

View Full Version : DeepPaint vs BodyPaint

borgru12
09-18-2003, 01:13 PM
Hello,

I am getting ready to purchase a 3D painting program and I want to see what LW user like or prefer or wish to have. ;)

The two that I am really looking at are:

DeepPaint 2.0 w/Deep UV & Deep Exploration
or
BodyPaint2.

Money is not a issue.

Comments anyone

Cheers :beer: :beer:

David

hrgiger
09-18-2003, 01:24 PM
If money is not an issue, will you buy me a copy too?

I personally would probably go with BodyPaint. Version 2 is out now and it looks awesome. I'm sure either one though would serve you well.

borgru12
09-18-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by hrgiger
If money is not an issue, will you buy me a copy too?

I personally would probably go with BodyPaint. Version 2 is out now and it looks awesome. I'm sure either one though would serve you well.

Thanks for your reply and sure I can buy one but the S/H is $900 tax and all:D (hehe)

ThX

David

G3D
09-28-2003, 04:02 PM
I've been using Bodypaint for a couple weeks. As far as user interface design goes Bodypaint is extremely poor and unintuitive. The Maxon folks' approach to interface design and layout is pretty shaky...too many icons that too small and to similar and don't covey their purpose very well. (Or at all)

If you have a model that uses any procedurals, they won't come into Bodypaint. If you've already set up UVs in LW and want to refine them, it s a rough road ahead. Bodypaint does not have a concise way of associating a UV map form LW with a surface tag or a texturemap. Bodypaint's paradigm escapes me.

Finally, and most important: all your nice work needs to be reset and redone when you send your scene back to LW: all your UVs become flat projections and you have to reset everything.

The cynic in me says that Bodypaint was created not to solve the lack of 3d paint solutions on most platforms, but to get more users to migrate over to Cinema 4D.

No thanks.

My .02

borgru12
09-29-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by G3D
Finally, and most important: all your nice work needs to be reset and redone when you send your scene back to LW: all your UVs become flat projections and you have to reset everything.

The cynic in me says that Bodypaint was created not to solve the lack of 3d paint solutions on most platforms, but to get more users to migrate over to Cinema 4D.

No thanks.

My .02

Thanks this helps a lot. I think I am going to start using unwrap3d (www.unwrap3d.com). A LW user highly recommended it. I love using Photoshop and Painter 8 for my 2D painting. So I think Unwrap3D will help me as well. And Unwrap3d is only $30 US. You can't beat that. Plus I like to help small developers.

Again thanks for the tip.

David

Dodgy
09-30-2003, 03:01 AM
I think that link should be www.unwrap3d.com