PDA

View Full Version : RE: Lightwave 10

simonlion
08-23-2010, 11:22 PM
Hello Every-One.

I got this special offer from NewTek, to purchase LW 10 for $495.00.
Is LW 10 Is same as Light wave CORE.
Thanks
Simon

nickdigital
08-23-2010, 11:27 PM
LW10 is the new version of LW that is known as Core plus added features/bug fixes to 9.6.

Matt
08-24-2010, 02:07 AM
To be more correct, it is:

LightWave 10 = CORE v1.0 + LightWave 10 (and if purchased soon + free rigging DVD by Lino)

;)

Marshun
08-24-2010, 03:55 AM
I see that Lightwave 10 can now be purchased for $495. I'm thinking that it's actually a presale of the LW 10 and then we will wait to get it sometime during the Q4"?? A download of CORE's wallpapers is what I got for the download instead of the LW10 program. That's how I'm thinking it's going to be?

Am I in error about something here?

Lewis
08-24-2010, 04:12 AM
Isn't that UPGRADE price for 9.x owners only ?

Marshun
08-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Here's a big paste of mine:

"LightWave 10 special limited time offer for LightWave v9 registered owners.
Need to upgrade to LightWave v9? Take advantage of this special offer here.

"New to LightWave? Take advantage of this special offer here.

"Product Description:

"Breathe new life into your 3D pipeline with LightWave 10. Get your claws on new
capabilities like interactive, real-time rendering and new OpenGL shading views,
including stereoscopic, immersive virtual cinematography tools, Bullet rigid body
dynamics, linear workflow, UV mapping tools, and more.

"The latest version of LightWave delivers all this and more. Count on it.

"Buy today and start using LightWave 10, along with these other benefits including:

"•Save hundreds of dollars on a LightWave 10 upgrade
•Guaranteed no price increase for the next five LightWave upgrades
•Immediate download of LightWave 10 preview builds
•Get all LightWave information first, with access to an elite community (HardCORE),
which includes interaction with LightWave development management and two to three
exclusive software builds per year
•VIP invitations to special events
•Free DVD, LightWave 10 Rigging: Revealed, until September 30, 2010
LightWave 10 is slated to ship in Q4"

Isn't that UPGRADE price for 9.x owners only ?

Looks like it. I'm sure that any and all v9 owners would logically be the first to hear what their steps will be. I don't know if we, us HardCorer's, are going to have a set-up solely for us. I've already had v9 well before the Core started up. It would then seem that those with both HC & v9 might have the option to go the v9 route and to pay the $495. What I don't really know here is how much will all us HC'rs have to pay if our price is different. Don't know if this discussion is already in the forum somewhere. Another little thing is I'd like to get that "Rigging" video. If we HC'rs have I'll go along with the HC offering no matter what. I should know how much the HC'rs will be charged. How much for us?

Titus
08-24-2010, 08:19 AM
To be more correct, it is:

LightWave 10 = CORE v1.0 + LightWave 10

interesting equation, let see:

LightWave 10 = CORE v1.0 + (CORE v1.0 + LightWave 10)

LightWave 10 = CORE v1.0 + (CORE v1.0 + (CORE v1.0 + LightWave 10))

and so on :D.

So basically you buy an un limited amount of CORE v1.0.

P.S: Sorry for being so pedantic.

Matt
08-24-2010, 09:39 AM
interesting equation, let see:

LightWave 10 = CORE v1.0 + (CORE v1.0 + LightWave 10)

LightWave 10 = CORE v1.0 + (CORE v1.0 + (CORE v1.0 + LightWave 10))

and so on :D.

So basically you buy an un limited amount of CORE v1.0.

P.S: Sorry for being so pedantic.

I suppose it's almost right if you think of the unlimited render nodes (well 999 anyway!)

:D

Marshun
08-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Hey Matt. While you were doing math equations for Core 10 and all, it actually crossed my mind to ask you what computer programs you know. Anything like C++ and Python maybe? I'm actually thinking of trying to learn a little myself. You have any advice you might throw my way regarding such? Like where to start?

Marshun
08-24-2010, 10:23 AM
On a different note, I'm reading Jim Plant's post for how everyone will be affected as far as who is getting charged and for how much and so on...

Guess that ends the mystery for now...

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110783

Titus
08-24-2010, 10:38 AM
On a different note, I'm reading Jim Plant's post for how everyone will be affected as far as who is getting charged and for how much and so on...

Guess that ends the mystery for now...

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110783

A mysterious, not available to everyone URL.

Marshun
08-24-2010, 11:49 AM
A mysterious, not available to everyone URL. Oh yeah ... this is not a hardcore thread.

I'm wondering ... with there being no charge for some of us, I'd like to know if we can still get the Rigging disc.

3dWannabe
08-24-2010, 11:58 AM
Will my current plug-ins work with LW10 (at least the modeler and layout components)?

Janus, fprime, HDInstance, exrTrader, Turbulence, QuadPanels and a number of other plug-ins and tools?

dwburman
08-24-2010, 12:22 PM
I'd look in the Hardcore forums for the LW10 download. I've read that CORE builds are posted there so I assume the same is true for LW10.

I see that Lightwave 10 can now be purchased for $495. I'm thinking that it's actually a presale of the LW 10 and then we will wait to get it sometime during the Q4"?? A download of CORE's wallpapers is what I got for the download instead of the LW10 program. That's how I'm thinking it's going to be?

Am I in error about something here?

speismonqui
08-24-2010, 12:45 PM
hey Simon, dont know if youre clear now about LW10, for what I know, LW10 is the "new" Modeler, the "new" layout and the first version of CORE. Im not 100% sure about this but maybe this will help
...LightWave 10 is the first release of LightWave 3D® to integrate NewTek’s CORE technology with enhanced Modeler and Layout...

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw10.php

TheDeacon
08-24-2010, 12:45 PM
Hey guys- here are some answers to your concerns, taken from the LightWave 10 overview page: (http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw10.php)(accessible to everyone!)

What are the benefits to buying now and becoming a LightWave HardCORE member?

You save hundred dollars on your initial investment
Your upgrade price will remain fixed for the next five LightWave upgrades at $495. If you stay current and buy each of the next five upgrades (starting with the release following LightWave 10) you will pay $495 for each upgrade rather than the existing retail price at the time (currently $695)
You can begin working with LightWave 10 software immediately
You will have access to preview builds of LightWave as long as you are a HardCORE member
You have access to a private discussion forum with other LightWave HardCORE members and NewTek 3D development management where you will get LightWave information first
You are a member of an exclusive club with invitations to private NewTek events and other access to other opportunities

Will LightWave HardCORE continue?

Yes, however new memberships to LightWave HardCORE will not be granted after LightWave 10 ships. This exclusive membership is only available to people who are members at the time LightWave 10 ships in Q4 2010.

How do I continue to remain an active member in LightWave HardCORE?

Stay current with your upgrades. Upgrade within a grace period of 30 days and your membership in HardCORE will remain active.

I am a LightWave HardCORE member, do I have to pay for LightWave 10?

No, your LightWave HardCORE membership includes LightWave 10.

I am a HardCORE member, my membership to LightWave HardCORE will expire when LightWave 10 ships, do I have to renew immediately to stay in HardCORE?

No, you do not. As a current HardCORE member, your membership will extend and remain active until the next shipping version of LightWave is available.

Will LightWave HardCORE members continue to get new software builds after LightWave 10 ships?

Yes, HardCORE members will continue to receive preview software builds (two to three per year).

What is a LightWave HardCORE Charter Member?

A LightWave HardCORE Charter Member is any LightWave v9 registered owner who paid $395 and joined the HardCORE program prior to March 31, 2009. Customers who received free HardCORE memberships because they upgraded or bought full versions of LightWave v9 are not considered Charter Members, even if that transaction took place prior to March 31, 2009.

How do I know if I am a Charter Member?

Check the amount and date on your HardCORE membership purchase receipt. If you paid $395 and the purchase date is March 31, 2009 or before, you are a Charter Member.

What do I get if I am a LightWave HardCORE Charter Member?

Your original price to join HardCORE was $395. Your upgrade price will remain fixed for the next five upgrades at $395. If you stay current and buy each of the next five upgrades (following LightWave 10) you will pay $395 for each upgrade, rather than the existing retail price at the time (currently $695).

What happens if I am a LightWave HardCORE member and I skip buying an upgrade?

Your next upgrade price reverts to whatever is current at the time ($695 right now) and your membership in HardCORE is closed.

What happened to LightWave CORE?

LightWave CORE technology is part of LightWave 10. LightWave CORE integrates with enhanced Modeler and Layout.

realgray
08-24-2010, 03:50 PM
Hey Deacon, could Newtek please post some videos, (VPR/Bullet), of Lightwave 10 on OSX? I'm very concerned that nothing has been shown on a Mac. If it's not ready I would rather wait till the next release.
thanks,

simonlion
08-27-2010, 12:35 AM
hey Simon, dont know if youre clear now about LW10, for what I know, LW10 is the "new" Modeler, the "new" layout and the first version of CORE. Im not 100% sure about this but maybe this will help
...LightWave 10 is the first release of LightWave 3D® to integrate NewTek’s CORE technology with enhanced Modeler and Layout...

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw10.php

Thanks
Simon

DaveLEWIS
08-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Hi guys,

I am completely confused. I thought that Core was Lightwave 10. Can anyone explain exactly what core is, and how it effects Lightwave 10 please?

DaveLEWIS

lardbros
08-27-2010, 05:56 PM
Core is included LW10.

LW10 = LWCORE and LW10 (Layout and Modeller)

lardbros
08-28-2010, 03:23 AM
Don't mean to sound harsh, but all of this has been answered countless times. Your LW10 will run in beta mode until its released officially. The dates in the registrations page mean nothing, they simply haven't been updated... and no, you won't have to pay anything until the next version!

If you look at the faq on the LW10 page all of this is answered for you

DaveLEWIS
08-28-2010, 03:37 AM
Hi,

When Lightwave Core was announced, I saw videos about a new version of Lightwave called Core. Now I see info about Lightwave 10, Layout, Modeler and Core technology. At this point I have no idea what Core is.

DaveLEWIS

hrgiger
08-28-2010, 04:52 AM
In my registration-page, I can read my membership is ending! It is very confusing from Newtek, if the customers have to search informations...

Your membership is not ending. Dont' worry about what it says about the end date. Your hardcore membership is good until right before Lightwave 11 ships(yes, that's not a typo). Also, your new license key is available under your products in the registration page. You'll need to get that to get out of demo mode.

hrgiger
08-28-2010, 04:54 AM
Hi,

When Lightwave Core was announced, I saw videos about a new version of Lightwave called Core. Now I see info about Lightwave 10, Layout, Modeler and Core technology. At this point I have no idea what Core is.

DaveLEWIS

CORE is the unified application which will eventually replace modeler and Layout. Unfortunately, it will not be ready to do that for some time and until then, will be used alongside both programs. Lightwave 10 is modeler + Layout + CORE.

CaptainMarlowe
08-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Hey Deacon, could Newtek please post some videos, (VPR/Bullet), of Lightwave 10 on OSX? I'm very concerned that nothing has been shown on a Mac. If it's not ready I would rather wait till the next release.
thanks,

:agree:
Even in one of the Siggraph vids, one guy says it works fine on his old macbook. But then, real videos to proove it would be much better...

lardbros
08-28-2010, 03:35 PM
... sorry, but if I go to my registration-page, there is no Info about this! There is only a clear unmistakable Information about when my membership is ending, and an invalid Key!! The Customer have to search threads like this one, to get some informations from Newtek!!

Sorry, I didn't want to sound like an arsehole... it isn't easy for everyone who hasn't had much time in the hardcore forums. Just that I thought there are quite a few places to find the info... please forgive me for being impatient pagnozzi!

speismonqui
08-28-2010, 03:49 PM
there has been A LOT of confussion about Core, I dont really know why cuz I've been reading about Core since the beggining. but thats just me, Im here at the forums every single day for about 2 years now. And the info is right here, and all over the place.

Maybe the Core or lightwave page on the site should have a huge graph explaining what Core is.

Anyway t is again

Lightwave Core is the NEW version of Lightwave, which will replace Modeler and Layout, It'll be a unified application (meaning that you can model and animate on the same roof)

C.O.R.E. = Centralized Object Referencing Environment

Thats what it means, so (for now) lightwave with CORE technology, means Modeler and Layout with that NEW technology.

Cheers!

DaveLEWIS
08-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Thank you guys, I now understand:D