PDA

View Full Version : SPECIAL PROMOTION- Ends September 30th 2010

TheDeacon
08-23-2010, 05:27 PM
Here are the DETAILS (http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111721)

evenflcw
08-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Neat. We hope it's the first video of many to come.

Verlon
08-23-2010, 06:36 PM
I think this is a good move...

We've talked about trqaining

JeffrySG
08-23-2010, 07:11 PM
Yep, that's a great idea.

Do you know if the video will be available to those who have already purchased LW10? if not do you know the cost of the video?

Hopper
08-23-2010, 07:12 PM

Do you know if the video will be available to those who have already purchased LW10? if not do you know the cost of the video?
You read my mind.

zapper1998
08-23-2010, 07:14 PM
cool

R.Feeney
08-23-2010, 07:56 PM

Check in the HC announcements section, :)

biliousfrog
08-24-2010, 01:56 AM
How is it different to the video of him rigging with LW10 at siggraph? The description of it sounds exactly the same and could easily be the same character and process padded out to fill a DVD.

Matt
08-24-2010, 02:01 AM
How is it different to the video of him rigging with LW10 at siggraph? The description of it sounds exactly the same and could easily be the same character and process padded out to fill a DVD.

I think on a DVD he'll be able to cover far more stuff in depth than he did at SIGGRAPH!

If this does become available seperately I'll be buying it! Lino rocks!

lino.grandi
08-24-2010, 03:10 AM
I think on a DVD he'll be able to cover far more stuff in depth than he did at SIGGRAPH!

If this does become available seperately I'll be buying it! Lino rocks!

You rock, mate!

I'm so happy....you'll make Lightwave even more cool!

Matt
08-24-2010, 03:40 AM
You rock, mate!

I'm so happy....you'll make Lightwave even more cool!

No, no, YOU rock more! ;)

pooby
08-24-2010, 04:47 AM
Come on you two.. split it up. I rock more than you two put together, so lets all take a chill pill.

pooby
08-24-2010, 05:03 AM
in fact..

Yo....
Urhh yeah.. Urggh
Pooby's in da house
Yeah, uh..
Yo!

Hey Rigga
You got nuffin on me
I'm the one - they call Poo-bee
I'm fast - I'm clean - I use IK
'aint talkin bout no boost I got the juice ok?

Urghh yeah
One time..
tea time.

Yo

pooby
08-24-2010, 05:04 AM
I'll regret that when I'm sober.

UnCommonGrafx
08-24-2010, 05:10 AM
That was a great morning laugh!!
Thanks, Rap PooBee!

lardbros
08-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Ha, great rapping... i'd love to see Greg Mutt perform this, in his great slightly awkward style of transmission! :)

As for the rigging DVD... i'm sure it's more than was shown at Siggraph... did they show this at siggy?

"exporting animation to MDD and importing into CORE, and using the new Autodesk® Geometry Cache tools to export to other 3D applications"

If they did, i missed it... but it may be on those other videos that Newtek put up recently?!

lardbros
08-24-2010, 05:24 AM
... oh, and I don't want to sound like a kiss-***... but Newtek's marketing must have improved 1,000,000% in the past few months... the website is looking lovely... all updated and modern. The actual design is great, and pleases my eyes... even people at work are asking me about the latest newsletter they received. Love it!! Just hope it keeps at this pace, and people may start thinking differently about LW and Newtek?

animotion
08-24-2010, 05:29 AM
I think it has a lot to do with Rob climbing aboard.

lardbros
08-24-2010, 05:47 AM
I think it has a lot to do with Rob climbing aboard.

Yep, I'd imagine so... just hope he doesn't get burnt out!

DBMiller
08-24-2010, 05:47 AM
I'll regret that when I'm sober.

The three of you need to get a room!:D

The tutorial looks great, I'll be getting that!:thumbsup:

Edit: When you (Rob) say HardCore members will be included, does that mean we will get the vid free?:bday:

biliousfrog
08-24-2010, 06:12 AM
As for the rigging DVD... i'm sure it's more than was shown at Siggraph... did they show this at siggy?

"exporting animation to MDD and importing into CORE, and using the new Autodesk® Geometry Cache tools to export to other 3D applications"

No they didn't and it sounds like a great addition to the DVD content, anything to help LW'ers to work with the rest of the 3D industry is a bonus.

I'm sorry if I was a bit quick to jump in, I'm just naturally pessimistic when it comes to NewTek's marketing for some reason ;) It was a genuine question though, the MDD and geometry cache stuff sounds good, the rest seemed quite well covered in the siggy demo...mind you, on the surface, Taron's Gnomon DVD is very similar to his LW demo from a couple of years ago but it's still very informative.

lardbros
08-24-2010, 06:47 AM
No they didn't and it sounds like a great addition to the DVD content, anything to help LW'ers to work with the rest of the 3D industry is a bonus.

I'm sorry if I was a bit quick to jump in, I'm just naturally pessimistic when it comes to NewTek's marketing for some reason ;) It was a genuine question though, the MDD and geometry cache stuff sounds good, the rest seemed quite well covered in the siggy demo...mind you, on the surface, Taron's Gnomon DVD is very similar to his LW demo from a couple of years ago but it's still very informative.

Ha, i wasn't having a go... just wondered if it was in the videos. Just watched some of the others that Lino did at siggy and they are brilliant vids... i have a lot to learn about rigging... it's my weakest point... if you don't keep at it, you soon forget everything!

Here's to less pessimism... and more brilliant freebies for us LW'ers!! :)

Matt
08-24-2010, 07:13 AM
Ha, great rapping... i'd love to see Greg Mutt perform this

Yeah, about time Greg Mutt made another video, what gives Pooby! Sort it! :)

gordonrobb
08-24-2010, 07:20 AM
That's great, and we'll get it too appartently. Looking forward to this.

I may have missed it but is there a timeline for when it will be available?

Dexter2999
08-24-2010, 07:39 AM
in fact..

Yo....
Urhh yeah.. Urggh
Pooby's in da house
Yeah, uh..
Yo!

Hey Rigga
You got nuffin on me
I'm the one - they call Poo-bee
I'm fast - I'm clean - I use IK
'aint talkin bout no boost I got the juice ok?

Urghh yeah
One time..
tea time.

Yo

Greg Mutt "OH SNAP!!! That's my JAM!!!"

JeffrySG
08-24-2010, 09:23 AM
Check in the HC announcements section, :)

Yep, see the info. That's great, NT!!!:thumbsup:

Hopper
08-24-2010, 05:13 PM
in fact..

Yo....
Urhh yeah.. Urggh
Pooby's in da house
Yeah, uh..
Yo!...
Pure awesomeness... :lol:

Come on you two.. split it up. I rock more than you two put together, so lets all take a chill pill.
The man walks the walk ... can't argue with that.

kfinla
08-25-2010, 05:39 AM
Yep very good idea to combat the perception animating creatures in LW is difficult.

lardbros
08-25-2010, 06:24 AM
I wonder if we get a CORE update this week or not?

Anyone???

I'm gagging to hear what has been in development since Siggraph... hope the team are going to surprise me with some awesome-ness after their break following Siggraph!

Anyone seen the LW10 reel from Siggy too? Still dying to see that too!!

musick
09-09-2010, 10:53 PM
Hi guys. Is this available to HC members for DL currently or it is bundled when LW10 is released? Just don't want to find out it was on-line until the 30th or something like that and miss my opportunity :)

Cheers

lardbros
09-10-2010, 06:31 AM
Hi guys. Is this available to HC members for DL currently or it is bundled when LW10 is released? Just don't want to find out it was on-line until the 30th or something like that and miss my opportunity :)

Cheers

We don't have access to it as yet, but we do get it for free if you've joined HC or join before the end of the month.

I'm sure we'll get it soon?!

probiner
09-10-2010, 08:11 AM
in this video, how does he make the finger curl like that? he has the 2 other falanges hidden in there right? And the makes their pitch rotate with the 1st falange bank no?

Cheers

musick
09-12-2010, 04:31 AM
We don't have access to it as yet, but we do get it for free if you've joined HC or join before the end of the month.

I'm sure we'll get it soon?!

Thanks for the info!:thumbsup:

Jörg
09-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks for all the effort Lino

Can't wait to watch the DVD - hope you have more DVD's in the pocket for us.....

cheers

JJ

ianr
09-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Its all Good, All Good
But cos we haven't got Face Robot Blah,
then NT really should think about
buying in TAFA.
If Mac ain't gonna pull out off Rev2 soon
(its been some time)
for a LW 10 launch.

zapper1998
09-18-2010, 02:27 PM
cool
let us know when we can download it...

thank you

oobievision
09-18-2010, 11:10 PM
hmmm I wonder if 10 will finally have liquid dynamics?

evolross
09-23-2010, 08:45 PM
That's what I've been wondering, is Bullet physics only hard dynamics? Does it cover soft? Fluid?

dwburman
09-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Is the Sept 30 deadline a deadline to get the free rigging DVD or is it the deadline for getting into Hard Core?

I think the Bullet physics is only hard body dynamics at this point.

kfinla
09-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Is the Sept 30 deadline a deadline to get the free rigging DVD or is it the deadline for getting into Hard Core?

I think the Bullet physics is only hard body dynamics at this point.

I think its the deadline to join HC and get Lino's training bundled in for free.

Titus
09-25-2010, 03:39 PM
That's what I've been wondering, is Bullet physics only hard dynamics? Does it cover soft? Fluid?

Bullet is open source, you can discover that question by yourself.

Cageman
09-25-2010, 04:10 PM
Bullet is open source, you can discover that question by yourself.

For those who are lazy:

http://bulletphysics.org/wordpress/

:D

BigHache
09-25-2010, 06:13 PM

Yeah both.

"Purchase LightWave before September 30, 2010, and you’ll save hundreds of dollars..."

http://newtek.com/lightwave/lw10.php

Qexit
09-27-2010, 07:28 AM
Is the Sept 30 deadline a deadline to get the free rigging DVD or is it the deadline for getting into Hard Core?It's only the deadline to get the free rigging DVD. Hard Core membership remains open until Lightwave 10 actually ships, then the door is closed. To quote from the Newtek LW10 Q&A blurb:

Will LightWave HardCORE continue?

Yes, however new memberships to LightWave HardCORE will not be granted after LightWave 10 ships. This exclusive membership is only available to people who are members at the time LightWave 10 ships in Q4 2010.

Astrocom
09-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Yeah both.

"Purchase LightWave before September 30, 2010, and you’ll save hundreds of dollars..."

http://newtek.com/lightwave/lw10.php

I'm a little dense on this. I've got to make up my mind real soon.
Does 'before 30 September,2010' mean today (29 September) is the last day of purchase in order to get it at $495 + the rigging DVD,

or

is the last day inclusive of tomorrow (30 September, 2010)?

Some announcements says before 30 September, some says by 30 September. These are really two different meanings.

Reason I am asking is I misplaced my dongle while travelling and was hunting frantically to find it and thank god I found it today so I am a little
exasperated to make any decisions today.

lardbros
09-29-2010, 11:04 AM
I'd love to answer you with certainty, but I'm almost certain that if you ordered tomorrow, you'd get the deal too... no point ending a deal like this on the day before the last day of the month, but much more likely to be the day before the first day of the next month :)

Sounds more confusing now I've written it than it sounded in my head!

BigHache
09-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Some announcements says before 30 September, some says by 30 September. These are really two different meanings.

You are correct, but I'll wager lardbros is on point, EOD tomorrow. I don't really know so I say we keep making it up as we go. :D

That does nothing, call sales I'm sure they can answer.

Eagle66
09-29-2010, 12:37 PM
I got in on the LightWave 10 special offer. When do I get my LightWave 10 Rigging: Revealed DVD?

LightWave 10 Rigging: Revealed DVDs will be available shortly after LightWave 10 ships in Q4, for your purchase made between July 26 and September 30, 2010.

Hmm, tell us please what about this DVD for people who Order Lightwave Core in March 2009, which includes a free one year membership to the HardCORE program - I still waiting since ONE Year !?

Is this DVD also included for this people or have I loose because I was to fast to Order :hey:

TheDeacon
09-29-2010, 01:55 PM
Clearing the fog-

Tomorrow, September 30th, is the last day to be eligible to receive the LightWave 10: Rigging Revealed DVD... I'd take advantage of it if I were you!

Here's some examples of Lino's handiwork, just in case you are still on the fence-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qUH_uQV1mw

http://tv.newtek.com/player.php?recordID=60

the special pricing, however lasts until LightWave 10 ships.

kfinla
09-29-2010, 02:54 PM
Cool.. so is there an ETA when this DVD will ship? is it coming with the HC shirts.. or more like December?

lwaddict
09-30-2010, 07:52 AM
If we order today,
do we get the shirts too?

Hate to screw up my collection of Newtek garb by missing something.

Eagle66
09-30-2010, 09:15 AM
Clearing the fog-

Tomorrow, September 30th, is the last day to be eligible to receive the LightWave 10: Rigging Revealed DVD... I'd take advantage of it if I were you!

This do not answer my Question :hey:

"people who Order Lightwave Core in March 2009" !!!!

lardbros
09-30-2010, 12:10 PM
This do not answer my Question :hey:

"people who Order Lightwave Core in March 2009" !!!!

Pretty sure your question has been answered quite a few times here and there... doesn't it say here:

http://www.newtek.com/lightwave/lw10.php

Just checked and it does... you are a fully fledged HC member, and chartership and everything :)

lwaddict
09-30-2010, 02:42 PM
What about the t-shirt?

Deal breaker mang. :hey: