PDA

View Full Version : Problem using Computer Headset Mics

ASPN
08-22-2010, 10:39 PM
We are having some trouble with getting some basic computer headsets to work with our TC Broadcast unit. Is there anyway we can make our computer headsets work for a broadcast? Right now, with using full size stereo adapters, we cannot get our microphone part of our headsets to pick up any audio at all.

We've tried playing around with all of the options available in order to try to get them to work, but we still don't get anything.

Do we need some sort of small microphone amp?

If computer headsets won't work, then what do I need to be looking for specs wise when getting new headsets?

Thanks!

SBowie
08-23-2010, 05:19 AM
We are having some trouble with getting some basic computer headsets to work with our TC Broadcast unit.Are you plugging the microphone output of the headset into an audio input on TriCaster's faceplate, or one on the rear of the system?

kricher
08-23-2010, 05:32 AM
Computer headset microphones usually require a +5 vdc bias voltage to work. Some headsets come with the required "phantom" power supply such as the Yamaha CM500. The phantom power supplied by the TC Broadcast is too high and could damage the mic on a normal computer headset microphone.

ASPN
08-23-2010, 10:35 AM
Are you plugging the microphone output of the headset into an audio input on TriCaster's faceplate, or one on the rear of the system?

we are plugging our Plantronics headsets into the front of the tricaster in Audio port 1 & 2... I plugged my guitar with active pick ups in it and it registered the sound on the tricaster but when we were streaming through ez stream it didnt pick up sound and stream it. The tricaster was RECORDING it but EZstream ignored it. We also have a xifi-creative software with the headsets that can be heard on the tricater when plugged into a usb port in front however again it doesnt recognize it in the onboard audio mixer levels... but we can hear ourselves quite nicely!