PDA

View Full Version : TC350 and non-working eSATA

dnewman31
08-20-2010, 04:52 PM
I have a TC Studio and a couple esata drives. I've previously used one of these drives with this TC a few months ago. I was trying to access the drive to check some files on it but I cannot get either drive to show up when I connect it.
I checked the BIOS to make sure eSATA was still enabled and it was. These drives work when connected to my laptop. Any ideas?

One of the drives is accessible firewire, but that is painfully slow (compared to eSATA). I've really never had a problem with eSATA working and am not sure what to try short of doing a full system restore, which I would prefer not to, but will if I can't get it working again.

I did have some problems with the TC towards the end of my use last time it was running that required a hard poweroff (I didn't know about Ctrl-V-T at the time..) and can't remember if I had the drive connected since then or not.

Zane Condren
08-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Hey Duane,

Please contact our technical support, sounds like it may be turned off in the bios.

bob anderson
08-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Don't quote me on this, but I seem to recall having to go into windows disk management and importing the drive in order for it to show up as an eSATA device.

Bob Anderson

dnewman31
08-20-2010, 05:37 PM
Hmm, ok. So I can get one to show up if I boot with it connected... this doesn't seem to be how I remember using it before.

I did a little looking and found that the SATA controller is set to IDE (which, especially with XP makes hot plugging problematic). Does anyone know 1) if there is a particular reason it is not set to AHCI, and 2) if I can switch it on a TC Studio and have everything continue to work?

It is really inconvenient to have to take the system down to remove, or change, the drive I have connected, especially if the TC is actively being used at the time. The thing is I thought for certain that I have done this before.