PDA

View Full Version : TC-100 Audio Questions (noob level)

Camera1
08-20-2010, 12:14 AM
Hi
I'm trying to get some audio happening on my TC-100. I have a Sony HVR-HD1000N plugged in via S-video. The video works well.
In the Capture Media tab I have
Input=Y/C (S-Video)
Stream to Capture , both Audio & Video.
video comes through well. No audio happening,
Question: Is there an audio component in S-Video? If so, what might be preventing it from recording.

Also, I tried putting the stereo mike on the camera through a stereo 1/4 mike adapter and into the Mic plug of the TC-100 but did not get any audio. I'm guessing that is because the TC-100 jack is expecting mono and I'm giving it stereo. Sure would appreciate confirmation of this.

Thanks for your patience with a noob.

SBowie
08-20-2010, 05:26 AM
Is there an audio component in S-VideoNo. The only common analog video signal with 'embedded' audio is composite, but even then TriCaster would expect a separate audio input.

Also, I tried putting the stereo mike on the camera through a stereo 1/4 mike adapter and into the Mic plug of the TC-100 but did not get any audio.Mic plug? I haven't got one here, but if memory serves the only audio inputs on TC100 are RCA.

jcupp
08-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Stereo RCA Line and two 1/4" Mic/Line inputs.

The mic might require power (normally supplied by the camera) so won't work directly with the TC.

SBowie
08-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Thanks, Jeff.