PDA

View Full Version : I've seen the future and it's already passing me by...

ssealy
08-19-2010, 09:23 PM
A few days with a new iPad and I'm amazed at the high quality, quick loading, full screen beautiful video. No stuttering, no hung up frames-- no kidding! I love my Tricaster pro and I was so proud of my nice looking Ustream programs- but they are really puny compared to something like Newsy, a free ap with beautiful Hd video. How can we produce that kind of streaming video? Can we start selling that kind of quality to our customers? Or is that kind of high quality web video only available to a few of us gadget heads? What are your thoughts?
Steve

Dexter2999
08-20-2010, 12:21 AM
Are you comparing a live video switcher/streaming device to an iPad based NLE?

davedude
08-20-2010, 01:32 AM
I would like to use a IPAD as a controller for the Tricaster/VT5 (Like a LiveControl LC-11) using software called TouchOSC

http://hexler.net/software/touchosc

anyone tried this yet?

davedude
08-20-2010, 01:36 AM
A few days with a new iPad and I'm amazed at the high quality, quick loading, full screen beautiful video. No stuttering, no hung up frames-- no kidding! I love my Tricaster pro and I was so proud of my nice looking Ustream programs- but they are really puny compared to something like Newsy, a free ap with beautiful Hd video. How can we produce that kind of streaming video? Can we start selling that kind of quality to our customers? Or is that kind of high quality web video only available to a few of us gadget heads? What are your thoughts?
Steve

You can achieve that quality video with a Tricaster based on your upstream bandwidth and your encoder settings. I don't know what the highest quality stream that Ustream accepts is, but you can watch live streams done with Newtek in very high quality.

ssealy
08-20-2010, 07:56 AM
No- the Ipad isn't a NLE. I'm referring to high quality full screen video compared to small Ustream picture.

ssealy
08-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Are you comparing a live video switcher/streaming device to an iPad based NLE?

No, the Ipad isn't a NLE. I'm referring to high quality full screen video compared to the small Ustream video window.
Steve