PDA

View Full Version : 9.6 and crack-it 3.1?

JAW
08-17-2010, 03:32 PM
has any1 got the plug in "Crack-it" version 3.1 to work on vista and LW 64bit? my old version used to work b4 i up-graded to 9.6 but doesnt work now. I downloaded the latest version, now i get an error code?

nickdigital
08-17-2010, 03:47 PM
I use C4 and MGBreakUp.

Not on Vista though but am on 9.6. If you're just looking to break up an object give those a try.

K-Dawg
08-17-2010, 05:19 PM
Hi,

I have Crackit, but it doesn't work on my System either. Vista x64 LW 9.6 x64.

Instead I use MGBreakup. Have no Idea about C4.

@NickDigital
do you have a link with some info about C4?

Greetz

nickdigital
08-17-2010, 05:37 PM
http://www.foundation3d.com/index.php?categoryid=38&p13_sectionid=79&p13_fileid=88

JAW
08-17-2010, 06:16 PM
Ahh, ok i had a feeling it might not work in 9.6 I will have to give those a try.

Do you know if c4 works the same as crack-it?

nickdigital
08-17-2010, 06:55 PM
Do you know if c4 works the same as crack-it?

Couldn't tell you. I know for awhile these type of plug-ins stopped working as LW progressed. As far as I know the two I mentioned work w/9.6. At least they do for me.

realgray
08-18-2010, 12:04 PM
There's a good thread about using houdini to break up geometry and rendering out via .mdd in lightwave

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86307&highlight=houdini

K-Dawg
08-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Thx for link nickdigital.

Could you send it to me though? I can't login, I know I was registered there, and I can't register somehow. Dunno why. Kinda annoying.

Greetz

Netvudu
08-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Just in case anybody wants to try the Houdini-route posted here, just be aware the shatterer there is much better now and based on voronoi patterns a la "rayfire" as opposed to boolean-based shatterings (though the boolean method is still possible of course).
These voronoi noise-based patterns can be directed so that we add more or less density on different areas so that instead of a pure random shattering, you obtain more control over the way things break.
It also features automatic shattering at dynamics-time, with the shattering based on impact points, but this tends to be used less on "hero" objects unless you are ok with random pieces. As we know this isnīt usually the case.

If you go the Houdini way and export .mdd, you might as well do your dynamics work there before exporting and benefit from the cool RBD workflow.

At any rate, it would be fantastic if someone could create a plugin for modeller which broke things using voronoi patterns. It shouldnīt be that difficult for programmer types. (I can script both in LScript and Python, but never tried C++ which hurts my chances of creating a plugin).