PDA

View Full Version : Help ! : scaling multiple texture channels at once

WORF
09-18-2003, 06:42 AM
Hi everyone !

Does anybody know a way to scale all the textures from multiple channels (color, diffus, spec etc...) at once ?

I explain : I have an object which size is for example 10mx10mx10m. I made a complex procedural surface (multiple channels) for this object.

Now the object is twice its previous size : 20mx20mx20m.

How do I scale all the channels in the surface at once, I mean without entering every pannel for every channel ?

bloontz
09-18-2003, 07:23 AM
I would use a null as a reference object.

John

Oracle77
09-18-2003, 09:42 AM
grapheditor stores all the texture values for anything, scale, rotation, falloff, once you tell it to. For every map youll have to press the E beside scale. Then in graph editor, put all your scales into the bin (drag and drop from the channel window) highlight all your keys, then press 'T' to get numeric scale, throw in the value you want, press ok. wrong value, undo and try again.
This is a quick way to change the values, but if youre only avoiding 10 minutes of work, this may cause you an hour of stress later when you want to edit the scale from the surface editor (have to reload everything.
Hope this helps ya.

WORF
09-18-2003, 09:51 AM
I will try the method you describe and see if it fits my needs.

Thanks for help ! :)

However, is it possible to use sliders and proxy objects to realize that effect ?

( I tried to control the scale with a null but It didn't work well since I am not familiar with expressions...)

Oracle77
09-18-2003, 09:52 AM
If you want a null in there, youll need the value from graph editor to type into an expression. So no way around it, you need those value in graph editor! I hope Lightwave 8 will change this...

WORF
09-18-2003, 10:44 AM
ok !

thanks for help !

Matt
09-18-2003, 11:42 AM
personally I wish there was a master 'texture scale' value in the surface editor, in a similar fashion to how we have a 'global light intensity' setting in the global light panel.