PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave and Vue

SonicN2O
08-16-2010, 02:33 PM
:help: I have the PLE for Vue 8 Xstream and really like the software, but am a die-hard Lightwave fan. Does d'espirit work with lightwave and is less expensive? how much is the educational discount? thanks!

obleneau
08-18-2010, 01:27 PM
The integration plugin (work from within LW) is pecific to XStream.
Infinite is the same without the integration plugins but less expensive.
Then prices and functionality decrease with each "flavour". Prices and features comparison chart : http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_8_complete/index.php?page=19&BaseProduct=Vue 8 Complete

SonicN2O
08-21-2010, 09:26 PM
OK. but I don't really need that plugin. Does a cheaper version of Vue 8 able to export objects, atmospheres, and scenes into lightwave?

Dreamcube017
09-10-2010, 01:41 PM
I konw this is KIND of old... but I'm thinking NO unless it's complete or something. Because ifyou look a little closer, you'llnotice that Espirit doesn't mention ANYTHING about exporting stuff... only importing.

So in a word, no. Sorry.

SonicN2O
09-13-2010, 08:04 PM
ok. cool avatar.

OnlineRender
09-14-2010, 03:08 AM
My Lightwave - Vue8x workflow , I found that when I imported my obj files to vue , it lost the planner surface textures . The scale seemed wrong and it didn't fit correctly .

So here . .

Export LWO , import to blender ,subD save as 3DS open 3DS inside MAX "download the demo if need be ", import 3ds file ,save again as 3DS , " I know this sounds strange but when you save as 3DS inside max it changes the surface textures , " so to fix this , go back into Blender and save the file out again as 3DS , for some reason it fixes the textures back into the correct order . .

long way for a short cut , but it worked .

I also had trouble exporting the Vue Scene , to LWS . It got the scale mega wrong , i know you can adjust this in the export settings , but it seemed to centre all objects .

Peace

SonicN2O
09-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Cool. I really don't want or need to import into Vue, I just need to export. then again, maybe I don't need vue at all.

lwaddict
09-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Now you're getting warmer. :thumbsup:

SonicN2O
10-19-2010, 07:42 PM
to right mate. :D
:lightwave:lightwave:lightwave:lightwave:lightwave

SonicN2O
02-13-2011, 06:32 PM
But still, can you export vue scenes into .lws format in, say, Vue Pioneer?

prometheus
03-16-2011, 04:13 AM
I believe that If you are very serious about doing vfx shot´s with vue and in combination with lightwave, I wouldn´t settle for anything else than a vue-xstream solution, you would certainly face import and export problems and perhaps camera matching, and apart from that, you wouldn´t get a good atmosphere blending except for "flat"pre rendered images.
If you find yourself wanting to do clouds,fog covering lightwave objects, or have a city get lost in fog, you would need the xstream solution.
same goe´s for hypervoxels..such as rocket trails going through the clouds and other special viewpoints like bird views together with lightwave scenes underneath.

Im doing some test with the ozone plugin in the lw community forums.

got some more to post of that at the upcoming weekend.
ozone is unfortunatly not improved so much as I would have liked to, still
a too small previewer for clouds, and you can´t tweak settings and watch it update in VPR, VPR works for ozone, but you´ll have to close the Ozone interface each time to view changes.

Michael

lwaddict
03-16-2011, 07:29 AM
Actually...
only some of this is 100% true.

City lost in the fog shot = totally doable without Vue altogether.

And most of the big shops are still using Vue for mattes mostly...
so all the volumetric stuff goes out the window.

When you're working with a deadline you go with what works...
definitely works...
not what we hope will work someday...
or what we hope will finish rendering someday.

prometheus
03-16-2011, 08:19 AM
Actually...
only some of this is 100% true.

City lost in the fog shot = totally doable without Vue altogether.

And most of the big shops are still using Vue for mattes mostly...
so all the volumetric stuff goes out the window.

When you're working with a deadline you go with what works...
definitely works...
not what we hope will work someday...
or what we hope will finish rendering someday.

True enough ..you can add fog in lightwave Itself or add fog in postprocessing..for faster production sure, but if You want that extra level of realism I would think a system that handles fog together with all off the rest in the whole atmosphere is the way to go, I beleive that postprocess fog or lightwave fog will loose a couple of levels in terms of realism compared to the full atmospheric engine that blends correctly with everything else, not an eye aproximation mix up.
Fog needs to react to sunlight in a proper way.

here´s a fog example from ozone.

http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93598&d=1299968144

Michael

SonicN2O
03-17-2011, 10:18 AM
OK... that's $1250, $20, $400, $17, WOW. CG stuff costs alot. Any ideas on how you can earn funds?

prometheus
03-17-2011, 11:14 AM
OK... that's $1250, $20, $400, $17, WOW. CG stuff costs alot. Any ideas on how you can earn funds?

Not that much compared to houdini full versions or autodesk products.

I would suggest get your prioritys right when planning your household economics.

1.cut your own hair..I do, the straws that are left that is.
2.don´t drink or pay for beer or liquids.
3.look for cheap alternatives in supermarkets.
4.Look for extra jobs.
5.sell old stuff if available.
6. keep an eye out for old can´s and bottles to recycle with some profit, some people are quite lazy just throwing it in the garbage houses.

look for cheaper apartments, turn off un necessary electric devices when your away.

during 2006-and early 2008, I was in a bad economic situation, I had extra jobs at my old job during 3 months in summer and 3 months at winter and in between I had no unemployment ensurance, so I had to turn to social welfare..and that´s no fun..especially since the community´s social service was fiddling with my account numbers to ensure they wouldn´t have to pay what they by law is forced to do...a long story with famous swedish bureaucracy and a direct result of the New society climat e in sweden forcing healthcare and welfare saying, by by..we dont give an a...care about people not working.

I had an eviction upon me to leave my apartment, but I managed to hang on, and soon after that I got my job as a product illustrator, thanks to some media education with illustrator,photoshop, some simple 3d courses in 3d max, autocad, my self knowledge of lightwave, and some pure luck
that the employment agency had a nice guy remembering all that just
when he was on the phone talking to my current company and seeing me at the same time.

Sorry about that..I was experiencing old feelings here again.

So what´s your story sonic20? do you have work now? studying? living at home?

Michael

SonicN2O
03-17-2011, 07:54 PM
thats... private. let's just say I'm doing all I can. I'm a musician too, so that occupies a lot of my $$$, and I'm saving for a new iMac. after that, I might have some more money.