PDA

View Full Version : FME issues

rfrattura
08-15-2010, 05:37 PM
I've looked in this forum, on Google, and I just spent 3 1/2 hours on hold at NewTek's tech support. (Never got a human.) I hope my credentials are in order when I ask what could be a dumb-*** newbie question.
After months of no problems, I can't get Flash Media Encoder to work, so I can't stream live content.
When I start up FME, I get a message that "Video size or frame rate is not supported."
If I ignore that, as I've learned to ignore FME warning messages, I eventually encounter this when I try to start FME: "Problem with video capture device. Please verify that video capture device is working correctly and is not already in use." And it won't start.
If it gives any perspective, I'm trying to get it to work with Ustream's Watershed product.
Does anyone have advice on what I should do? I guess I'll be back on hold with tech support first thing tomorrow morning.
Thank you in advance for any help.

Zane Condren
08-15-2010, 06:22 PM
Give me a call tomorrow and I will explain whats going wrong. My cell phone number is 210-601-5528.

rfrattura
08-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Thank you, Zane. I will do that.

rfrattura
08-16-2010, 10:05 PM
I spoke with Zane this morning, and I may be talking with him again tomorrow. He suggested I just sidestep FME and not even use it.
But when I try to launch a stream on the TC -- even without launching FME -- I get a message, "Flash Media Encoder terminated prematurely. Please try again." And the stream is halted.
I've followed advice in other threads about relaunching FME to address this, but nothing is working for me.
Any help out there? Thanks in advance.

Ralph

Zane Condren
08-17-2010, 07:45 AM
Reboot your TriCaster. Sounds like Fme has crashed in the background a reboot usually clears it up.

rfrattura
08-17-2010, 11:22 AM
Zane,

I'll try it. You mean a hard reboot -- holding the start button and forcing the machine to power down?
As before, thanks.

Ralph

Zane Condren
08-17-2010, 11:46 AM
No just reboot normally.