PDA

View Full Version : About face walking in Maestro

kcsull
08-15-2010, 05:23 AM
I've been having fun learning Maestro 2 but have been unsuccessful trying t I o have male.lwo walk and then about face and walk in the opposite direction What hotspots di I use

ericsmith
08-15-2010, 11:51 AM
could you post some of your work in progress? it might be easier to pinpoint what you need to do if we can see where you are.

Eric

kcsull
08-16-2010, 10:11 PM
Eric I dont know if the attached is any help as I'm quite new to LW

meshpig
08-17-2010, 01:37 AM
The links are all messed up so I can't read the .mov file but you can select the object at a given frame and assign a new heading manually. Since auto-key is on just use the handle to rotate the .lwo. Then in the graph editor go to the same object and key more frames to get the turn right.

There is probably a way to do an about face in maestro but I don't know.

ericsmith
08-19-2010, 10:47 AM
So here's a couple of points that will hopefully help...

1. when the right foot makes the last step going forward, it should land rotated around 30 - 45 degrees towards the left foot.

2. the left foot should then rotate around 180 degrees to face the other direction, probably over around 10 - 12 frames.

3. then, start the next footstep.

The key is that during the pivot, the hips and left foot will only pivot. The right foot will stay planted. You'll want to do this animation manually, and only make the step generator work up to the end forward step, and then again after the pivot is done.

Hope this helps,

Eric

kcsull
08-20-2010, 05:53 AM
Thanks Eric for the assistance. With the tweaking you have suggested my character's walk is starting to look OK.
Kevin

meshpig
08-20-2010, 06:48 AM
Eric, the mac version must be totally shot then, not just for 9.6.1 'cos none of that works for me here. I'm hard pressed to do anything outside of bounding box mode and even that isn't responsive?:)