PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 5.X

mlubkr
09-18-2003, 05:24 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of lightwave version 5.x ? I have version 7 but it will not support textures when I export to lightwave version 5.

I am using HollywoodFX and after much research have determined that I need a different version.

I called Newtek and they do no sell any of the v5.x

So can someone please help I will pay you for a copy if need be!!

Mike

colkai
09-18-2003, 06:39 AM
You get copies of 5.6 up for sale on ebay quite regularly

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3626699993&category=185

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3626784153&category=185

or
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3626898010&category=185

Worth it for the price

cresshead
09-25-2003, 04:01 AM
i have lightscape and the plugin really only works in lw5.6...i have lw7.5 and newtek sent lw5.6 to me it's linked to my dongle..very kind of them don't you think?

steve g

colkai
09-25-2003, 05:48 AM
Extremely so.
I did wonder if they may be prepared to do something like that, but didn't know of their 'position' on such things.
If you own the latest version, and have a *legitimate* reason for needing an older version, is it ok to have it?
I guess it would be on a case-by-case basis.
Certainly, due to the hassle of 'upgrading' scenes, I still have my 5.6 running along side 7.5 for the old steamer and such type requirements.
There are still a couple of things I prefer from 5.6 over the latest, plus, hey, I'm getting old so nostalgia is a daily practice ;)

archiea
09-25-2003, 09:18 AM
cresshead..

I find that NT always helps out a customer in what would seem unorthodox ways to a company like Adobe... Linking and older version of 6\5.6 to your 7.5 dongle... thats really kewl. Adobe would be like:

"No. Upgrade. Pay for Maintainence patches. All of your dollars are belong to us"

cresshead
09-25-2003, 05:32 PM
can you see why i'm moving from 3dsmax to newtek's lightwave?
their a company that "care" about their users and that's somthing that we as their users should applaude...

i think tht newtek are leading the way in many areas...and i'm along for the ride for sure!

i have a slow start in lightwave from 3ds max but there's only a few things left that i find myself back in 3dsmax...and to honest i have no intention to upgrade 3dsmax from max 4.

whereas i'm quite eager to get hold of lightwave 8!

...hey [aimed at newtek staff]...take a sec and pat your selves on the back from me for being a great company.

cheers

steve gilbert

colkai
09-26-2003, 06:38 AM
OT I know,
But did you see this months 3DWorld main letter.
A guy buys a second-hand copy of MAX and was told the license couldn't be transferred. Seems '2nd seat' and 'closing down' are not in Discreets books.
If you close, the license is null and void, no chance of selling on your old software.
Compare that with Newtek, which to me is damn good business sense.
"sure - get a second-hand copy - ya want an upgrade with that ?" :D
More bums in more places using LW - gotta be good.