PDA

View Full Version : TCXD300 DDR Audio Pops and clicks

cuspclub
08-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Has anyone else noticed popping or snapping sounds in the audio playback of the XD300's DDR? The audio definitely isn't clipping as the clips peak at -12db. It happens with 48k 16bit stereo wav files or video files with embedded audio.

It's most pronounced right as you first hit play, then most of the pops and clicks stop after a few seconds. This is with nothing else going on in the Tricaster and no video sources plugged in. It sounds similar to a digital audio clock whose sample rate isn't syncing right.

This is driving me kinda crazy. I've resorted to a $40 mp3 player just to play background music during the production.

Martin K
08-17-2010, 06:46 AM
Do you have Rev1b installed ? We noticed the same problem with the previous release. With rev1b everything is ok.

Zane Condren
08-17-2010, 07:47 AM
Martin is correct you need to install rev1b which can be downloaded from register.newtek.com once you nave registered your TriCaster.

cuspclub
08-17-2010, 08:43 AM
I believe the XD300 downloaded that update in May when I connected to the internet and had it download the latest patches. Do I need to manually download this update from the support site and try it again?

Zane Condren
08-17-2010, 08:46 AM
Yes his wasn't a full build update so it requires a manual update.