PDA

View Full Version : LightWave 8 version huge problems

vampi_sol
08-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Hi, I'm a computer graphics teacher in a public school and our resources are limited to say the least. This coming year we got lucky and got a new Mac lab. The problem is that we used to have a PC lab and all our software is for PC. We have Lightwave 8 on our PC and since we don't really have more money to buy 9.6 we'll stick to LW8. When we got LW8 there was another teacher in my position so I didn't install anything, ergo, I don't know anything of the process. So, I installed LW8 on my Macs with Snow Leopard OS 10.6.4 and now I'm trying to make them run with my, already used on the old PCs, dongles. Of course there is no easy way to do these things so I'm getting the old "discovery edition" mode.
I've tried all the steps I can think of to get the dongles to work without any positive results.
Is there a bullet proof way to do this, since I have to go through this process 36 times.
Thank you all
Patricio

nickdigital
08-11-2010, 03:13 PM
The Mac version uses a different license key file. You'll need to re-register your software to get the new license numbers.

You can do that by going to the "Customer Care" button at the top of the page and going down to "Registration".

To better manage your licenses you can put all the license numbers in a single file. You can also add which dongle numbers go with which license file in case you actually label the dongle ids of your dongles. I do that here at the studio. I have paper labels with string tied to the usb dongles.

With all your licenses in one file it's easy to install each seat as you would just be using the one file.

vampi_sol
08-11-2010, 03:20 PM
OK, but every time we enter the MAC license we got from NewTek it tells us that the software is ready to be used after restarting it. Well, after restarting, it tells us that there is a license error and give us a different product lock number every time.
Do you happen to have Apple remote desktop so you could tag into our machine or do you use iChat so we can share the screen of our machine with you?
Thank you
Patricio

nickdigital
08-11-2010, 03:30 PM
OK, but every time we enter the MAC license we got from NewTek it tells us that the software is ready to be used after restarting it. Well, after restarting, it tells us that there is a license error and give us a different product lock number every time.
Do you happen to have Apple remote desktop so you could tag into our machine or do you use iChat so we can share the screen of our machine with you?
Thank you
Patricio

Hm, I'm not much of a Mac guy. Mainly PC. Hopefully someone with Mac experience will chime in.

Odd that you're getting a different product lock/dongle id each time.

Have you tried calling Newtek's Customer Support? They're very helpful and getting in touch with them isn't difficult.