PDA

View Full Version : Copy Paste Presets

simonlion
08-10-2010, 12:35 AM
Hello Every-One.

I am creating a Logo, It is one word but contains Two Objects. For example Los Angeles. Los is one object.
Angeles is another object.

I have finished adding Lights, and Presets to Los. Now I want to copy all the effects and presets including Lighting from Los object to Angeles object. How can I do that
Thanks
Simon

Danner
08-10-2010, 02:44 AM
select "los" surface, right click, copy, select "angeles" surface, right click paste.

Skonk
08-11-2010, 05:40 AM
That will copy you the surface settings.

For the lights, multi select them (use scene editor or schematic view if there are lots) all and clone them, then move the cloned ones into the correct position to light the other object.

It may be worth parenting all the lights to a master null to hold it all together, then you can use clone hierarchy.

Roadwarrior
08-11-2010, 06:14 PM
What about copying 1 set of Light settings and vlight settings to existing positioned lights with master nulls in a scene?
1. master light & vlight setup to equal 2.3.4.5.scene lights (Lights that dont have vlight)

Any ways to do this enmasse??

dwburman
08-11-2010, 07:16 PM
You can use the preset panel for volumetric light settings.

Roadwarrior
08-26-2010, 12:27 AM
Thanks dwburman,always looking for enmasse ways of doing this stuff.:)

simonlion
08-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Thank you very much
simon

simonlion
08-27-2010, 12:27 AM
That will copy you the surface settings.

For the lights, multi select them (use scene editor or schematic view if there are lots) all and clone them, then move the cloned ones into the correct position to light the other object.

It may be worth parenting all the lights to a master null to hold it all together, then you can use clone hierarchy.

Thank you very much
Simon